Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Terrible news. Even if I loved Madden(I don't), I would want 2K or anyone to make football games. Competition is vital and brings out the most of the competitors.
There was a point in time like 20 years ago where NFL Gameday was better than Madden. I remember when the PS1 first came out, NFL Gameday blew Madden out of the water. But guess what, because of the competition, EA stepped their game up. I remember when I first got Madden 01 for PS2, it was Amazing. Completely slaughtered NFL 2k. It was good to have choices because competition breeded inovation. The only reason NBA Live redid the faces in their game is because they got embarrassed last year. Otherwise, they would still just be talking about "bounce-tek" and "net physics."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #66
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

OVR: 0
im a madden fan always played madden over 2k BUT im actually disappointed in this news i would of rather had the license been spread around to add much need competition. I do not understand the Rex interview that happen at e3 challenging 2k knowing they own the license still(maybe at the moment he forgot). just would be nice to have more choices
Old 06-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #67
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
There was a point in time like 20 years ago where NFL Gameday was better than Madden. I remember when the PS1 first came out, NFL Gameday blew Madden out of the water. But guess what, because of the competition, EA stepped their game up. I remember when I first got Madden 01 for PS2, it was Amazing. Completely slaughtered NFL 2k. It was good to have choices because competition breeded inovation. The only reason NBA Live redid the faces in their game is because they got embarrassed last year. Otherwise, they would still just be talking about "bounce-tek" and "net physics."
Absolutely, man. When I was a kid, I played 2K, Madden, Gameday and Blitz. it was a beautiful thing having that many games around. I didn't realize it then, but that was the peak of football gaming.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #68
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I hope madden gets exclusivity forever, I LOVE MADDEN!!!!
Boo this man
Old 06-13-2014, 03:13 PM   #69

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Sarcasm fellas, sarcasm.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #70
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I just wish folks understood their part in funding EA's ability to afford the deal. They are buying exclusive rights with your $60.

"I hate Madden! I wish there was another game."

"EA, how much more do you need to renew the exclusive deal?"

"I can put $60 towards that."

"This game sucks! I hate Madden! I wish there was another game."

"Oh, how much more do you need EA?"

Old 06-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #71
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
LOL well make it good enough or better and people wouldn't do that and that's a fact.

I don't see people that play the Show always comparing the current version to say MVP 2005 and saying how the latter was so much better. I don't see anyone comparing NBA 2k14 to say Lakers vs Celtics. I don't see anyone comparing NHL to Blades of Steel. These comparisons are not made because the current games, even with their flaws are far superior to the previous ones. Bottom line make a superior game in EVERY way and they won't hear it. In addition, these comparisons are the price they have to eat because their corporate team eliminated all the competition. So all eyes are on you jack and when you don't produce it make it look that much worse.
*DELETED for profanity*

Last edited by NDAlum; 06-13-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #72
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

I keep telling everyone I know for years to buy it used. I don't care about ultimate team so not sure how that affects people buying the game used, but just buy it used. I bought madden 9,10 used. Skip 11-13 (because they completely destroyed what actually worked in 10, no freaking ice skating) and bought madden 25 used. Bought ncaa 9-11 13-14 used.

The more people buy the games used, and keep the money out of EA's wallets, EA will notice. I understand how hard it is to wait on a game, but hell wait another week, 2 at the most, and you can get it used from some where. I got madden 25 used 2 weeks after the fact for I think 25 bucks on CL. I know people have leagues and such, which I understand or if you play online. I get it. Just throwing this out there.

Buy it used people. Just suck it up and have some self control for a couple of weeks! Lol

Back on topic. This totally sucks!! Just sucks. I really want 2k football or someone to challenge madden. Oh well.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

Last edited by burter; 06-13-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »