Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #41
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Cool Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

You guys are making a lot of assumptions based on very little footage as far as how good this game could be. We're seeing video of the same two teams in alpha and still have no info about CFM yet. They will be cleaning up the halftime show and for CFM it will show the standings and Playoff chase as well as other new banners. During the game there will also be player spotlight montages and probably quite a few other little things we haven't been able to notice at full speed. Once we get to see the game broke down in replays through the pause menu and stuff like that, we will see the good and the bad in greater detail. People need to understand this is not the same old madden and FAR from a roster update. They haven't quite gotten there yet but once they redo the animations now that they are putting all the fundamentals of football in place, then they will just keep building off of each game. If you're waiting for the game to regress and them to add then remove things, it won't happen. It hasn't happened in any of the last 3 years and that is not a coincidence, that's by design.

I will guarantee everyone on these forums that Madden 16 and 17 will be better not worse than 15 as long as Cam and Rex develop it. The game has improved every year since Cam was hired and the difference between 06-12 and 13-15 is pretty great. The jump from 25 to 15 is probably the biggest in 10 years in terms of how much was worked on to be improved. It all comes down to how this stuff is executed in the end but if you can't see the difference between 06-12 and what's happening now, you never will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 07:40 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You guys are making a lot of assumptions based on very little footage as far as how good this game could be. We're seeing video of the same two teams in alpha and still have no info about CFM yet. They will be cleaning up the halftime show and for CFM it will show the standings and Playoff chase as well as other new banners. During the game there will also be player spotlight montages and probably quite a few other little things we haven't been able to notice at full speed. Once we get to see the game broke down in replays through the pause menu and stuff like that, we will see the good and the bad in greater detail. People need to understand this is not the same old madden and FAR from a roster update. They haven't quite gotten there yet but once they redo the animations now that they are putting all the fundamentals of football in place, then they will just keep building off of each game. If you're waiting for the game to regress and them to add then remove things, it won't happen. It hasn't happened in any of the last 3 years and that is not a coincidence, that's by design.

I will guarantee everyone on these forums that Madden 16 and 17 will be better not worse than 15 as long as Cam and Rex develop it. The game has improved every year since Cam was hired and the difference between 06-12 and 13-15 is pretty great. The jump from 25 to 15 is probably the biggest in 10 years in terms of how much was worked on to be improved. It all comes down to how this stuff is executed in the end but if you can't see the difference between 06-12 and what's happening now, you never will.
And you're NOT making a lot of assumptions????? In your video thread, you make a comment that doesn't even need to be in there and is far off base - regarding how Madden 15 is going to be the year! (which you say every single year)

So stop it. Stop your Madden hype. You do this every single year, hyping it up as "this year is going to be amazing, you guys! I guarantee it!" Just stop. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is sick of it. Please. Stop.

P.S. If the first post in your video thread was just regarding the videos, that would be fine. But you had to throw your best Madden blah blah blah stuff in there. You should take that out, imo, and just update the thread with videos. We don't need your preaching in every one of your threads.

I'm sorry for the rant, but this stuff you post every, single, year is getting so overbearing and embarrassing, it should probably be ban worthy as many times as you've been wrong. It seriously looks like to many people you really are getting paid by EA.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #43
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
And you're NOT making a lot of assumptions????? In your video thread, you make a comment that doesn't even need to be in there and is far off base - regarding how Madden 15 is going to be the year! (which you say every single year)

So stop it. Stop your Madden hype. You do this every single year, hyping it up as "this year is going to be amazing, you guys! I guarantee it!" Just stop. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is sick of it. Please. Stop.

P.S. If the first post in your video thread was just regarding the videos, that would be fine. But you had to throw your best Madden blah blah blah stuff in there. You should take that out, imo, and just update the thread with videos. We don't need your preaching in every one of your threads.

I'm sorry for the rant, but this stuff you post every, single, year is getting so overbearing and embarrassing, it should probably be ban worthy as many times as you've been wrong. It seriously looks like to many people you really are getting paid by EA.
I have a way that I feel about this game and so do you. I'm not preaching anything and in the past yeah I used to try to get people to think more positive about the game, but now, now I'm just giving an honest opinion. The problem is that everyone is used to being pessimistic and negative, that the slightest bit of positivity or optimism, is seen as overbearing and embarrassing. In most people's opinion the game hasn't improved and never can whatever, in my opinion it has and will continue to greatly. I see no difference. We're at opposite sides of the spectrum and we both are passionate about what we believe.

As far as Madden 15 blowing people away, I said I believeMadden 15 will blow us away. I had no idea we would be getting so little amounts of footage which makes it harder to be impressed. We still haven't seen how a game plays out from beginning to end even.I still think it will blow people away once they put the controller in their hand, but I realize some need to see more to be impressed, some will never see enough, some will never accept a EA football title, and some will be happy because its football, that's just the way it is. Do what's best for you, don't worry about me or what others think.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-17-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #44
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I wonder if the playcall stats it keeps is only for the community or if it can be changed to just view the plays I've called, how much I've called them, how successful they've been for me, etc.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #45
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Real-time physics/player movement is STILL broken. I saw several times where a WR with a free release was able to get to 12 yards in 1.27 seconds. The fastest any player has ever run a 10-yard split in ideal conditions with fresh legs and no pads was only 1.40 seconds.

The players are still accelerating WAY TOO FAST to be considered "realistic".

I really don't care to hear about the speed threshold either. That shouldn't matter. The game should be made with one setting, IMO: True-To-Life.

This superhuman acceleration is NOT true to life. Unreal.
mannn I get your points and i'm all for any improvements to madden... me personally just give me better graphics and new rosters every year and i'm happy... anything else is just a plus.... but at the end of the day its a video game... so when you get into the science of it by saying on the game a plyer gets up the field in this amount of seconds and in real life its this amount of seconds is CRAZY!!! thats just like in real life its 15min quarters and 3-5 min commercials. do you want that in madden also??? all im saying is a game is a game and life is life... sure madden could use improvements but some of u guys expect to much..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #46
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Post Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I wonder if the playcall stats it keeps is only for the community or if it can be changed to just view the plays I've called, how much I've called them, how successful they've been for me, etc.
Found this

Madden NFL 15’s new playcalling also tracks how often you call certain plays over the course of your career, as well as how successful the plays are.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #47
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Regarding playcalling, I did read from someone that defensive pre play adjusgments (audibles) also take longer to process and are prolonged by delays that wait for x player(s) to respond accordingly to the adjustment.

I like the aforementioned news and hope it will usher in an era where the o-line responses to blitzes are timed appropriatley ( tied to awareness and footwork RTGs & head-tracking: must be in line of sight ); void of suctioning, sliding and esp the removal of clipping that results in no stumble and/or fall to reflect impedance on their path to the target when they clip teammates and/or defenders.

I am suggesting that the defensive delay in pre-play adjustments could minimize the prevalence of nano sacks albeit I believe the hurries are essential to replicating the speed on the battlefield of the National Football League and moreover: the fireworks of defense.

Providing the offense has a legit football counter: it should not be considered cheese or glitchy to send nano heat.

I remember a highlight of Troy Polomalu timing a sack so well that he hurdled the line and sacked the QB in mid-flight!

That is a highlight folks may imagine only creating in a videogame but lo and behold: it happened in the NFL.

If stock blitzes with minor adjustments worked more effectively: lab monkeys would have one less impetus to dial-up glitch sacks and max protect coverages that send one man -- and that one man still gets a hurry or sack because the AI in o-line play is not wired to football knowledge and realistic reaction times but cheesey gimmicks that are present to pacify those who cannot hold up to make key adjustments.

The scheme scientists in the lab will continue to match psychic, suction, sliding, non-falling over o-linemen w glitch defensive tactics of their own design until those tactics become unnecessary.

Not everyone is fit to hold up in the competitive jungle of online play and so I am glad Madden is offering more in the instituion of training.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 06-17-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 4

Players look like they are moving lighting fast.
Coverage looks a little more improved.
accuracy finally looks like it's going to be a factor.

I've asked a few times but haven't gotten an answer.

Will the previous play information be available in every game on all game modes?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »