Home

Xbox one madden play as good as ps4

This is a discussion on Xbox one madden play as good as ps4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #49
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Xbox one madden play as good as ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yes I own both and Madden on Xbox One is noticeably worse than the Ps4 version..it looks worse graphically and doesn't today near as smooth as it does on the PS4 version. It's not the TV either as I've ran both on the same tv with the same setup. Also, I've asked friends to look at both and they all say the same thing.

I'm hoping this is not the case for Madden 15 as all my friends have Xbox One and we want to run a league on it but if it's such a huge letdown on Xbox One I may just run it on PS4 with less people..

Normally, on PS3 and Xbox 360 I didn't notice much of a difference at all...but this year on next-gen it's a pretty large difference.
Are you serious with this statement?

The Madden series on 360 was always superior last gen over PS3

The PS4 version looks cleaner then the XB1 because of the horrible oversharpening processing that the XB1 has which shows a bit more jaggies. But that is it the rest is the same and using the XB1 controller feels much better in Madden as the sticks just gives you more sense of control.

I say the PS4 does look a tad better graphically but to say superior is way crazy and wors is saying ps3 and xb1 were close to identical

Have you not seen Madden 12 thread a few years ago where the ps3 version had oil slicks on the feel that were non existent in the 360 version
Old 07-27-2014, 02:30 AM   #50
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

People need to remember that madden is not a heavy graphic and resources game...Thing was just 12gb

I have seen patches bigger then that.

Both the XB1 and PS4 versions are the same except that due to the crap gama output by xb1 which i read MS in looking to fix in the future as they did with 360 it crushes blacks which is why many say the colors pop more on xb1 games due to the higher contrast from the overblown gama levels

That and the post processing that the xb1 does to the game which gives it horrible jaggies and this is where EA messed up with Madden 25 on XB1 because they do not need to use the XB1 post processing and they can bypass it and not have the horrible sharp jaggies.

But as I said before XB1 controller is superior in FPS like Destiny Beta even though it looks better on PS4

Same for sports games. I feel like jukes and movement is more in tune with what I want to do when using MS controller over the PS4 controller which is much much much improved over ps3 but is not comp imo in shooters and sports game to ms controller
Old 07-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #51
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
using the XB1 controller feels much better in Madden as the sticks just gives you more sense of control.
That's your opinion...nothing more.

Quote:
Have you not seen Madden 12 thread a few years ago where the ps3 version had oil slicks on the feel that were non existent in the 360 version
it was also patched...so what.

Quote:
But as I said before XB1 controller is superior in FPS like Destiny Beta even though it looks better on PS4
so wait..because YOU said it's "superior" that means it is?? again,same as above...that's your OPINION...nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Normally, on PS3 and Xbox 360 I didn't notice much of a difference at all...but this year on next-gen it's a pretty large difference.
Quote:

Please tell me...where did ODogg say that between the 2 the 360 wasn't superior?....if you would've actually read what he posted,he said he didn't notice much difference...in which you pointed out the "oil slicks"...and as we all know,that was patched.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 07-27-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #52
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

I have notice a frame rate issue with Xbox one. But they look almost the same. I heard that pasta said the xbox one was easier to control. Anyone else can confirm that it controls better on the one.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #53
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3

considering PS3 got the shaft, I'm happy PS4 has the "advantage" so to speak. But the difference I always thought was minimal
Old 07-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #54
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I went with XB1, I do really like the PS4 controller but in the the end I still give XB1 the edge, its just overall a more smoother experience. I have both systems, I don't favor one, just my honest opinion.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #55
Rookie

GamerDad4's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I am getting the XB1 version because I find myself playing sports games while watching real sports at the same time using the [underrated] SNAP feature on the XBOX1.

Does that make me weird?
I am the exact same way with sports games and I agree that the snap feature is under rated.

I have almost all the sports games on both PS4 and XBox One and I can not see a difference between the two. You may have an occasional slow down on either version, but I think that has more to do with your network connection and status of either PSN or XBox Live.

I think it comes down to your choice of controller and where your friends are playing online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

The PS4 version looks cleaner then the XB1 because of the horrible oversharpening processing that the XB1 has which shows a bit more jaggies. But that is it the rest is the same and using the XB1 controller feels much better in Madden as the sticks just gives you more sense of control.

I say the PS4 does look a tad better graphically but to say superior is way crazy and wors is saying ps3 and xb1 were close to identical

I'm serious. Yes I did think 360 was better, that's the version I usually bought but some years I did buy the ps3 version as well and while it wasn't as good as the 360 there wasn't the huge disparity in graphical quality as there is on the next-gen systems between ps4 and Xbox one.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »