Home

Madden NFL 15 Xbox One Bundle Arrives on August 26th For $399

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Xbox One Bundle Arrives on August 26th For $399 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #49
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Xbox One Bundle Arrives on August 26th For $399

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I never really saw Madden as a console seller. (I realize it being free makes it enticing), but still. I just hope you dont regret upgrading to X1 as your current gen system. (All signs point to PS4 being the superior console right now. All things overall considered).
Superior is an extreme measure to claim. The PS4 may have more raw power and more games in 1080P but that does not make it superior. XB1 does other things better than PS4....
Old 08-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #50
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Ummm...... no it doesn't. The digital copy has the ENTIRE GAME saved to the hard drive while the physical copy just has saves and patches saved to the hard drive.
The Disc is nothing. It is just to verify you paid for the game.

What you are downloading is the digital version and the disc is just to verify that you own it.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Superior is an extreme measure to claim. The PS4 may have more raw power and more games in 1080P but that does not make it superior. XB1 does other things better than PS4....
I dont want to create a console war here. All I'm going to say is everything from shaders, to raw power, to resolution, to non game entertainment, PS4 (from what I've seen) has the upper hand. But again, this isn't the place for this discussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Yeah like things not video game related. That other stuff doesn't really matter to me,yeah its little convenient but at the end of the day the tv controller(I have a smart tv) is in my hand and all I have to do is press a button to switch back to live tv. So thats pennies Annie stuff that really dont matter and thats about the only thing the Xbox1 does better
Old 08-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #53
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikibarber
Yeah like things not video game related. That other stuff doesn't really matter to me,yeah its little convenient but at the end of the day the tv controller(I have a smart tv) is in my hand and all I have to do is press a button to switch back to live tv. So thats pennies Annie stuff that really dont matter and thats about the only thing the Xbox1 does better
I have both consoles so I can tell you what both do to me that are better. The TV thing is so overrated.

You fail to mention that the snap feature is a fantastic feature not on PS4

The fact that you need to reach for controller when watching Netflix to lower or pause the movie or show while Xbox pause will pause on demand and xbox resume starts the movie back up.

Xbox record that without having to pause from game to record something to load to Face Book.

The XB1 is as much a gaming machine as the PS4 but offers features to the gamers or media buffs that makes it appealing.

The PS4 does offer some multi plats with better resolution but it ends there.

If my copy of Ghost is 720p and your ps4 copy is 1080p it does not make it a gamer machine or a better game. Controller is better on xb1 for shooters in my opinion even though the ps4 controller is much improved.

Games will start to get more party in terms of multi plats and at that point what is the PS4 going to be superior in.

We all know that PS4 has superior exclusives and that is where you will see the raw power be different for both.

But most games are on multi plat and that parity is coming and then you look at what else can your console do after that...PS4? We know the extra features associated with the xb1

both are excellent beasts of machines. The PS4 has better raw power to churn out future exclusives at a great level. Multi plats will gain parity so the term superior is way overstated.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I never really saw Madden as a console seller. (I realize it being free makes it enticing), but still. I just hope you dont regret upgrading to X1 as your current gen system. (All signs point to PS4 being the superior console right now. All things overall considered).
In my post I mentioned I was going to upgrade to next-gen this holiday season anyway (mainly for The Witcher 3), so I might as well get a free game along with it while I have a chance.

I had already decided to get an XboxONE because my best friend has one and we love to play sports games together. I haven't bought Madden since Madden 09 and the way I see it I'm still not buying it and if the game sucks which is highly likely, I loose nothing, will just wait for NBA 2K15 & The Wicher 3. Oh yeah, and another reason I choose the XboxONE over the PS4 because its more family friendly, I may be able to get my wife into it, I can see her using it for NetFlix, HBOGO, & to change channels on the TV/cable.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #55
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Good deal IMO, was planning on going Xbox ONE for FIFA and NHL anyway, now I get a free Madden. Nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
We all know who the leader of the digital parade is.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...87B06X20120812
Smh. And they have the power to keep campaigning for it. I bet by next generation, not only will console games be all digital, but many of them will be streaming. Services like PS Now will make it mainstream where lesser companies failed with streaming game services.

To make it worse, the games won't be cheaper either. By eliminating printing, pressing, packing, storing and shipping (a HUGE expense), one would naturally think the prices would be lower, but no. The companies aren't passing that savings on to the consumer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »