Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #241
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Don't get me wrong, it all sounds great, and I hope it works properly, but when the very first thing they tout is Game Prep and Confidence and it is followed by the statement "...The biggest change to Madden NFL 15’s Connected Franchise are the additions of Game Prep and Confidence...", then I can't help but worry that a lot of other things went untouched.

Things, such as, improved CPU AI - roster management/drafting, auto-subs, formation subs, schemes working properly, improved/revamped scouting, explanation of sliders, less cumbersome 32 team control, etc. If none of these things were touched, especially CPU AI, then these new improvements become nothing but eye candy when the same 'ol poor logic hapens.

And if "I" (whoever that is) had 8 months to spend learning/redesigning relocation uniforms, then they should have had time to address these other issues.

Rex had me sold; Looman, not so much. I'll be wait for OS reviews.
I agree with this.

There were bigger things that needed improving. Sure, the features they have told us about are nice. But all that changes is how certain players progress. Not exactly a major deal. What about presentation? What about the AI play calling and gameplay? Ect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #242
Rookie

Now that I read the full details , I see that they still have the storylines and what not.All I ask is that they don't ruin franchise mode. And I hope there is no more 48 year old players coming out of retirement. Sometimes less is better, in these terms, that is true. the last good franchise modes were on 07 and 08 on the PS2. Compared to CFM, those were basic, but 10x better.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #243
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, it all sounds great, and I hope it works properly, but when the very first thing they tout is Game Prep and Confidence and it is followed by the statement "...The biggest change to Madden NFL 15’s Connected Franchise are the additions of Game Prep and Confidence...", then I can't help but worry that a lot of other things went untouched.

Things, such as, improved CPU AI - roster management/drafting, auto-subs, formation subs, schemes working properly, improved/revamped scouting, explanation of sliders, less cumbersome 32 team control, etc. If none of these things were touched, especially CPU AI, then these new improvements become nothing but eye candy when the same 'ol poor logic hapens.

And if "I" (whoever that is) had 8 months to spend learning/redesigning relocation uniforms, then they should have had time to address these other issues.

3 things

1. EA always finds way to bash previous versions of Madden one year after praising the upgrades. ( ie. Relocation)

2. With all the elements broken or missing in cfm why is the guy in charge of this creating uniforms

3. JP, any idea if there will be any presentation upgrades for cfm or will it be just the same story thumbnails and twitter feeds
Old 08-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #244
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
I agree with this.

There were bigger things that needed improving. Sure, the features they have told us about are nice. But all that changes is how certain players progress. Not exactly a major deal. What about presentation? What about the AI play calling and gameplay? Ect.
I really did expect to see CPU AI improved for roster logic, trades, depth charts. . . just franchise management this year, and it seems not to have been touched. This was one of my major areas to make the game playable this year.

Gameplay AI was addressed, maybe not completely or perfectly, but addresses. But CFM CPU AI was not. They worked on AI for training/practicing/player development, so there is that. But overall, this is a real problem for me.

I'll wait and see how the OS reviews come in once the game drops, but this is making me think more rental than purchase.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #245
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

This migh thave been posted but i like to look at the little things.

"This time fluctuates based on season schedule, so bye weeks or Monday night games will impact preparation for the following week, just like the real-world NFL."

Kinda cool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #246
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Not being able to fully edit players and their attributes in an OFFLINE franchise will be a deal breaker to me. It's been proven over and over that the only way to get even close to realistic ratings out of these madden generated draft classes is if we can EDIT the ratings. I just can't think of one good reason for EA to NOT allow us to do this. Just a few years ago one of the trumpeted "additions" to the game was FINALLY being able to adjust any rating, inside of an offline franchise,for any player. This was great. Until it was gone the very next year with no explanation.

This is definitely right up there with there being no formation substitutions made outside of a game that are SAVED from game to game. There cannot be a single valid reason for EA to NOT offer this (it was in NCAA for 10+ years) other than they just do not care, or it causes some game killing glitch.

Lack of FULL player customization in this game is inexcusable. It is seriously the only way to get the game playing realistically, IMO. If RB prospects continue to have,say, a 96 accel rating coupled with a 81 speed rating, there is just no slider setting to make that realistic .
Its too bad there isnt a global editor to make adjustments to rosters without going thru each player one at a time! They seem to have a hard time handing over customization tools to the consumers.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #247
Rookie

None of these improvements mean anything to me since there is STILL no cpu vs cpu in CFM. That's the only way that I play...

Not buying Madden again until cpu vs cpu is brought back.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #248
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:

The last part... I prefer looman over rex

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »