Home

Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #265
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

When they go to the DL pass rush drill. The Offense is backed up at the goal line, why is the CPU not calling shorter pass plays?

I know the whole reason for the drill is to rush the passer, but if the QB is limited in his drop & the pass routes take the WR's longer to get into their breaks.......
I just don't understand the whole concept if your going to gift wrap xp points.

Last edited by Step2001; 08-09-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #266
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You mean like in a matter of one season the Tampa Bay Bucs cutting Josh Freeman, Tiquan Underwood and Carl Nicks and trading Jeremy Zutah and Lagaratte Blount? That's just the offensive side of the ball that doesn't include cutting Revis the best CB in the NFL.

It sounds fish when you see it in the game but when you compare it to the real NFL you just never know what a GM will do. Maybe the Bears finished 3-13 and the GM decided he wasn't going to win anything with the current roster and decided on a wholesale rebuild, we have seen that plenty of times in the real NFL where teams have a fire sale. It could be EA messed up the logic or it could be they actually made it like the real NFL. Either way they will never please everyone.

Lol. I always play with the falcons, so in my last franchise, I play the bucs twice a year, of course. I'm 5-6 seasons in and that dirty Freeman always plays me tough!! He plays better than Brees ever has against me, anyways. And, I always laugh at that because in reality, he got straight up DUMPED by the bucs! Lol. And, again, I agree with u on some of the randomness in the NFL. I totally understand here where madden wouldn't have any idea that freeman was going to start stinking it up or become disgruntled with the team, or whatever happened there. So, 'if it's in the game. It's in the game.' Actually does apply to some of the random player movement in the game.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #267
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
All you have to do is look at this thread to see that there obviously is still an issue with questionable CPU AI player movement and roster turnover. Some think it "could" happen. But most of us think its a bit out of control with the amount of quality players missing after 1 season simmed.

It would be nice if CFM gave us the option to turn off CPU player movement and FA signings all together. This would only be possible if you turned OFF injuries. IMO I would gladly turn off injuries to be able to stop all the roster turnover. Derrick Carr starting was on point no doubt but some of the things I saw with my Bears roster were just disappointing especially after ONLY 1 year. It just seemed that the guys that could reasonably be off the roster were still in Chicago, but the guys that are looked at as the young core foundations of the franchise were NOT.
(o-line).

Also Hester just signed a 3 year deal in Atlanta and he is already in Oakland after 1 season? IDK man that's awfully fast. I can see moving a player going into the last year of a contract but not after year 1.

Also has anyone heard anything yet on how easy it will be to control all 32 this year? Or has it not changed from last year.

I like some of the ideas from the stream but right now they mean nothing to me until I see them work correctly in game.
People seem to not be getting that a CFM isn't real life. If Hester had a horrible year in Atlanta (in the CFM), and then the coach got fired and a new coach came in he could very easily be traded/cut. Happens every season in the NFL to one player or another.

Just look at the NFL from year to year. It is IMPOSSIBLE to predict where players will end up. No one ever thought 2 years ago that Revis would end up on the Patriots. No one ever thought Favre would play for the Jets and Vikings. And there's a million more moves like these every year.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #268
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

It does scare me that they said the AI will make more trades. I'm fine with it as long as they are realistic, but I don't know with the comment about an increase in trades.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #269
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyclaps
People seem to not be getting that a CFM isn't real life. If Hester had a horrible year in Atlanta (in the CFM), and then the coach got fired and a new coach came in he could very easily be traded/cut. Happens every season in the NFL to one player or another.

Just look at the NFL from year to year. It is IMPOSSIBLE to predict where players will end up. No one ever thought 2 years ago that Revis would end up on the Patriots. No one ever thought Favre would play for the Jets and Vikings. And there's a million more moves like these every year.

Dang I thought this video game was real life. Thanks clearing that up for us.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #270
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. I always play with the falcons, so in my last franchise, I play the bucs twice a year, of course. I'm 5-6 seasons in and that dirty Freeman always plays me tough!! He plays better than Brees ever has against me, anyways. And, I always laugh at that because in reality, he got straight up DUMPED by the bucs! Lol. And, again, I agree with u on some of the randomness in the NFL. I totally understand here where madden wouldn't have any idea that freeman was going to start stinking it up or become disgruntled with the team, or whatever happened there. So, 'if it's in the game. It's in the game.' Actually does apply to some of the random player movement in the game.

I agree that you never know what's going to happen in the real nfl sometimes. I just wish Madden did a better job at developing those stories. Even Madden 06 on PS2 had the thing were a player gets mad and demands a trade. If those guys like Cutler are gone like that I want the announcers to mention it.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #271
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Let's all hope he is a FB lol. With the way EA he is probably a CB....

I watched the stream again. He is a FB.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #272
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I agree that you never know what's going to happen in the real nfl sometimes. I just wish Madden did a better job at developing those stories. Even Madden 06 on PS2 had the thing were a player gets mad and demands a trade. If those guys like Cutler are gone like that I want the announcers to mention it.
Yeah man, I already mentioned that same thing earlier ITT and it's odd some people keep citing real NFL personnel moves as a likely excuse for this stuff in Madden, when it's well known that Madden so often lacks context. There's a simple premise that Tiburon should follow when applicable, whenever they try to implement or emulate something from the real NFL, recreate the process which will organically recreate the result, don't just directly recreate the result.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »