Home

CW SAPP Connected Franchise Review(Images Included)

This is a discussion on CW SAPP Connected Franchise Review(Images Included) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: CW SAPP Connected Franchise Review(Images Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
FWIW:

The sim engine issues are slightly different than M25 and may require a different workaround...

Last year, the completion percentages were low / this year they are not...

This year's low yardage totals and low TD numbers seem to be tied to a lack of passing attempts and low YPC...

Quite simply, the sim engine seems to:

Run too much / passes too seldom and passes conservatively...

It also seems to prefer to try and run the ball into the endzone as opposed to passing it in...

Consensus seems to be forming that the above issues (as well as the mess that is progression / regression / player movement) is tied to confidence...

Makes sense, in that it's a new feature and prob set of a "domino effect" on the above...

All that being said, I look forward to your observations, vctrb!

Regards

I dont have Madden15 and from what I am hearing I will probably stay with Madden25 so I can have some Draft Options.

I would Suggest this could tie into the Coaching Profiles or Playbooks. Just a Quick guess, it would HAVE to be some type of TENDENCY for it to effect the amount of attempts.

I am looking for guys to help with Potential Madden25 Project in the Last Gen Roster section, if anyone is interested.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm hardly an EA homer, as I haven't really liked Madden in several years, but I'm not terribly bothered by the QB stats stuff and the progression/regression stuff. Heck, I'm not even really bothered by the roster movement issues.

Here's why: sim stats and roster logic are almost impossible to make "realistic" according to the standards of fans.

Regarding QB stats: It looks like the NFL future envisioned in the Madden sim resembles the NFL in the '80s. The game changes, so I'd kind of look at this as analogous to the shift from the live ball to the dead ball era in baseball. I'm fine with that. Rushing and defense seem to be prevailing again, just like they will in real life.

Regarding progression and regression: There's no way to tell who will be a superstar for their whole career and who will simply have a couple of good years before trailing off into mediocrity, and there's no way to predict just how quickly a given player will decline once past his prime. Any system designed by a development team will be arbitrary and it should be evaluated in that light. Personally, I like that it's possible for a guy who looks all-world early on to level out and just be pretty good. That's more realistic to me than having every "A" potential player become a HOF type.

Regarding roster movement: There's no way to predict what real GMs will do, and if they all acted rationally, then we wouldn't have teams like the Raiders or the Jaguars. So the Colts don't resign Luck. Maybe they evaluated Luck as a good QB who was asking for future HOFer money and wasn't performing to that level, so they decided to move on. Anything is possible.

Just my .02, but folks obviously can feel however they want about the game.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #43
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm hardly an EA homer, as I haven't really liked Madden in several years, but I'm not terribly bothered by the QB stats stuff and the progression/regression stuff. Heck, I'm not even really bothered by the roster movement issues.

Here's why: sim stats and roster logic are almost impossible to make "realistic" according to the standards of fans.

Regarding QB stats: It looks like the NFL future envisioned in the Madden sim resembles the NFL in the '80s. The game changes, so I'd kind of look at this as analogous to the shift from the live ball to the dead ball era in baseball. I'm fine with that. Rushing and defense seem to be prevailing again, just like they will in real life.

Regarding progression and regression: There's no way to tell who will be a superstar for their whole career and who will simply have a couple of good years before trailing off into mediocrity, and there's no way to predict just how quickly a given player will decline once past his prime. Any system designed by a development team will be arbitrary and it should be evaluated in that light. Personally, I like that it's possible for a guy who looks all-world early on to level out and just be pretty good. That's more realistic to me than having every "A" potential player become a HOF type.

Regarding roster movement: There's no way to predict what real GMs will do, and if they all acted rationally, then we wouldn't have teams like the Raiders or the Jaguars. So the Colts don't resign Luck. Maybe they evaluated Luck as a good QB who was asking for future HOFer money and wasn't performing to that level, so they decided to move on. Anything is possible.

Just my .02, but folks obviously can feel however they want about the game.

I want a game that resembles today's NFL.....not the NFL in 1981.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Couldn't you just control all 32 teams and change their schemes to pass friendly offenses, and turn down the interceptions slider to improve QB stats?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #45
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

As a person who buys and plays a ton of games it's disheartening that Tiburon/EA Sports whoever can't get this correct in 2014. They had a decent stat engine on PLAYSTATION 2!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #46
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Not true. This is only Tannehill's 3rd year and he is under contract through 2015 with only a $4M cap hit next year (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dol...yan-tannehill/) . The Dolphins also hold the 5th year option for 2016 under current rules (although I think that tag would be close to $15M). Not sure why EA would have his contract wrong unless the Dolphins just cut him. That said, this IS a make or break year for Ryan. If he doesn't perform better than the last two years Miami may draft a QB high.

Hopefully EA will add the 5th year team option for 1st rounders under the current CBA. It's a big part of the current NFL rookie contracts. JJ Watt isn't pleased at his $6.9M figure he got slapped with.
His contract is correct I meant after the 2015 season he is a free agent.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
Couldn't you just control all 32 teams and change their schemes to pass friendly offenses, and turn down the interceptions slider to improve QB stats?
That COULD help but QB Stats are no just controlled by the QBs. WRs, TEs, and RBs(catching Passes) have an effect on the Stats. Sliders will be Part of the Solution.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 08-22-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
That COULD help but QB Stats are no just controlled by the QBs. WRs, TEs, and RBs(catching Passes) have an effect on the Stats. Sliders will be Part of the Solution.
Alright, thanks for trying to find a fix for it. We appreciate the effort.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »