Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #17
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
1) Roddy White is going to be about 75 overall after the first year when he regresses and you just took their best offensive player away from them. You gave them 1st rd picks that will be late in the draft which aren't even close to comparable to a guy like AJ Green.

You absolutely ripped off Cincinnati in this. If I'm the Cincy GM I am never training my franchise player and definitely not for a ripoff like this.

2) So you take their starting HB who is much younger and cheaper than Jackson and it's ok? The draft picks actually make it somewhat okay because non-elite HB's are easily replaced through the draft. You're giving them a late 2nd/3rd.

I really don't see PIT ever doing that so it's not realistic but you could argue it has an element of fairness to it. If I'm the PIT GM I never do this.
Some people like to keep trades as close to realistic as possible, others like playing with their favorite players. Both ways are correct in a video game as long as the user is having fun.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
This type of post is why I should not post in here. Have fun making trades gentlemen.
I just made a valid point. I doubt the trade would happen in real life. But it isn't completely unrealistic like you make it sound.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #19
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm an online cfm with the Rams. Really wanna trade Bradford for a young, accurate, developmental QB who can start right away. Bradford is an 83 so maybe I can get something else from the team I trade with. Any advice?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #20
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I love this thread idea and always browse the 2k version. Anyway, I always find it difficult to come up with a fair trade because well trades are somewhat rare in the NFL. I don't always try to make it 100% fair but rather compare to real life trades that have actually happened and make similar ones.

I was running a list of trades by position that gave happened throughout the years but I lost it and couldn't fully recreate it. Also, certain players only get traded due to off field issues so either you have to overcompensate for that or use your imagination and say that Player X doesn't want to play for a losing team anymore or has become a troublmaker/ gotten into legal trouble, or some fake storyline lol.

I always try to factor in player rating, age, salary, years remaining on contract, team success, and in guess a little personality/ history of the player if that's possible, look at previous years, and use a real draft trade value chart if picks are being traded. For 2k I always put myself in place of the other team and see if I would want to do this trade but that seems tougher on Madden when Brandon Marshall gets traded for 2 third round picks( I think that's what one if his trades was).

If you are aiming for simply fairness and not just realism/past history I'm curious what some of you guys would call fair because sometimes that's not an easy thing to come up with.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #21
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm trying to get Cam Newton some help at WR. I'm approaching the first offseason and thinking about trading for one or two 85+ WRs. first choice is Andre Johnson. My second choice is Justin Blakmon. any other suggestions out there? trying to find guys that are in real life maybe tradable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #22
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
I'm trying to get Cam Newton some help at WR. I'm approaching the first offseason and thinking about trading for one or two 85+ WRs. first choice is Andre Johnson. My second choice is Justin Blakmon. any other suggestions out there? trying to find guys that are in real life maybe tradable.
Don't base it just on OVR look at the actual skills because some guys below an 85 can be very good players. Marvin Jones of Cincy is an 81 but he has 88 catching, 93 spectacular catch and 85 catch in traffic. One good season and you can have him in the high 80's/low 90's. I traded for him and it only cost me a 4th and 7th round pick.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #23
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Don't base it just on OVR look at the actual skills because some guys below an 85 can be very good players. Marvin Jones of Cincy is an 81 but he has 88 catching, 93 spectacular catch and 85 catch in traffic. One good season and you can have him in the high 80's/low 90's. I traded for him and it only cost me a 4th and 7th round pick.

This and the type of player since schemes affect players ratings, so i would pick some attributes that are key for you and focus on guys who are highly rated in those areas and work your way down!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #24
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I thought about him but I couldn't see them trading him because he looks like a young clear no. 2. I'm not opposed to below 85 but most guys are clearly part of the teams future at the position. i'll take a vet or a guy who in real life is a head case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »