Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #1
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10
Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread

As suggested in another thread, this one can be used to discuss trades at a deeper level other than trades that were just accepted.

Borrowing the model from the NBA 2K Forum:
The point of this thread is to:

A) Ask for advice on realistic, fair, and balanced trades in your Franchises.

and

B) Provide advice and insight on trade scenarios mentioned in the thread.

When asking for advice:
  • be sure to leave your team
  • players you are looking to trade (as well as others who you are willing to add to a trade)
  • style of play you're aiming for
  • position/player you are looking to acquire

The point of having this thread is not to bash other people's trades. If you disagree, simply state why you think the trade is unfair or wouldn't happen so others can see why it wouldn't be fair. Also, some of these trades may not be the most realistic, but fairness is what is important if that's what you care about in the franchise you're running at the time.

Welcome to the Madden Trade Discussion!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread

I'll get it started with two trades that I did last night in my Falcons Franchise.

1) I wanted to bring AJ Green back to Georgia (Go Dawgs) so I sent Roddy White and 2 firsts to the Bengals for AJ Green.

2) I also wanted someone other than Stephen Jackson in my backfield so I sent him, as well as a 2nd and a 3rd round pick to the Steelers for Le'Veon Bell.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane3490
I'll get it started with two trades that I did last night in my Falcons Franchise.

1) I wanted to bring AJ Green back to Georgia (Go Dawgs) so I sent Roddy White and 2 firsts to the Bengals for AJ Green.

2) I also wanted someone other than Stephen Jackson in my backfield so I sent him, as well as a 2nd and a 3rd round pick to the Steelers for Le'Veon Bell.
1) That wouldn't happen this year, at all, but next year is Green's contract year (I think) and Brown is as cheap as it gets so I can see that trade going through.
2) No love for Rodgers?

And speaking of your Falcons, I traded them Scott Chandler for a 3rd and 5th, and want to get rid of Dareus (contract year) but so far total lowball bids.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane3490

1) Roddy White is going to be about 75 overall after the first year when he regresses and you just took their best offensive player away from them. You gave them 1st rd picks that will be late in the draft which aren't even close to comparable to a guy like AJ Green.

You absolutely ripped off Cincinnati in this. If I'm the Cincy GM I am never training my franchise player and definitely not for a ripoff like this.

2) So you take their starting HB who is much younger and cheaper than Jackson and it's ok? The draft picks actually make it somewhat okay because non-elite HB's are easily replaced through the draft. You're giving them a late 2nd/3rd.

I really don't see PIT ever doing that so it's not realistic but you could argue it has an element of fairness to it. If I'm the PIT GM I never do this.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Greg Hardy will fetch a second round pick from several teams. This is a great deal for the Panthers because I doubt they'll have the cap room to sign him. They also need to sign Cam long term next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #6
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaprofessor33
Greg Hardy will fetch a second round pick from several teams. This is a great deal for the Panthers because I doubt they'll have the cap room to sign him. They also need to sign Cam long term next season.
I'm going to be booting up my Panthers CFM here in a few days...and I've been already thinking about what to do with Hardy.

This is a good option - especially if Kony Ealy can be developed quickly.

What would be some realistic player for player trades for Hardy? Would teams be willing to give up a LT/RT? The Panthers O-line is in terrible shape...
Old 08-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

But why would Carolina, who has an offense that might not be as good last year, trade away a feared pass rusher? The Panthers want to win right now and Hardy is going to be determined to earn his next pay day and play lights out. The Panthers front 7 is their bread and butter...why would they ditch a key part of this? Also what if an injury happens on the DL? So just get rid of their depth?

Are these just "Madden" trades you guys are trying to do? Or are you actually taking into account football decisions?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
I'm going to be booting up my Panthers CFM here in a few days...and I've been already thinking about what to do with Hardy.

This is a good option - especially if Kony Ealy can be developed quickly.

What would be some realistic player for player trades for Hardy? Would teams be willing to give up a LT/RT? The Panthers O-line is in terrible shape...
I put him on the trading block and the best deal I saw was a second rounder from several teams. I took the deal from the Jags. You could look on a team with a need for a DE that has the 13m cap space and try to get OL help. I agree their OL is crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »