Home

Screen Pass

This is a discussion on Screen Pass within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #25
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Screen Pass

I personally feel there is a good balance to the screen this year and I love it. However, I do feel throwing screens from under center is a bit nerfed this year.
I think they have done something with the QB when he drops back , he only seems to drop back like he should but then is stuck in the mud kinda after the auto dropback. I have tried to back him up quickly on my own and still with a heavy rush the defense gets there too soon for my liking. I know screens should not be money every time you use one. I myself don't ever recall seeing a real NFL QB sacked during a screen. I've seen them get hit as they throw or I've seen the QB's hand get hit but he has time to release the ball or begin to before he is hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #26
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
That's because in past Madden titles you could literally make any throw from anywhere. You could have a defender right in your face inches away from a sack and still fire a bullet right on the money because the game didn't care that realistically your QB would be throwing off his back foot or that his throwing motion would be impeded by the oncoming defender. So long as you hit the button before the sack was being registered it was as good as if you were throwing out of a clean pocket. This year it seems to be different (aka more realistic) where the QB feels the pressure more and is not only more likely to throw a bad pass if under pressure but also get sacked if you wait too long to throw. Simply pressing the button before your QB is touched is no longer good enough it would seem. So if you're getting sacked no these plays my guess is that you are waiting too long to throw where you would have gotten away with it in past games.
True, I have always thrown this soft with the lob, because I have never seen a RB screen bulleted. I see WR Screens bulleted. SO as soon as the rb slips behind the pass rushers I lob it to him. If the LB's or d'line sniffs it out they sniff it out, if it's a blitz I am likely getting nice positive yardage.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #27
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmenAllday
Screens in this game is crap...i havent gotten one and i believe its two reasons. For one the dts and linemen run faster than the damn qbs catching a aaron rodgers or brady i understand but no way a dt should catch me if im rg3. 2nd the pass blocking is HORRIBLE in this game olineman let dlinemen go through free i have tons of footage on it.... it happens almost every pass play. I know the purpose of a screen is to let dlinemen get through and attack the qb but i think pass blocking bug has something to do with lack of screen success
Yup. I play as the saints, and I have seen numerous videos of the center just moving to the side to let the DT in. This is on both all pro and all madden difficulty.

Last edited by whoady4shoady; 08-28-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:24 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

I haven't seen this issue at all......never been sacked on a screen, all pro, it's effectively balanced IMO, sometimes I get 5-10 yards, sometimes it gets sniffed out, once in awhile I execute beautifully and get 20+
Old 08-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #29
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2

are you guys playing on normal speed? I'm playing on slow and havent got sacked once from a screen. maybe that could be the issue?
Old 08-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #30
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b
are you guys playing on normal speed? I'm playing on slow and havent got sacked once from a screen. maybe that could be the issue?
I play on whatever is default speed for all pro and all madden.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #31
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I play on normal speed, all pro difficulty. The problem seems to be some of you guys aren't timing the throw correctly, The correct timing timing is as soon as the RB starts to slip, after the pass rushers get passed him, and lob it over the pass rushers. A screen is not a play where you are reading the defense. it's a play where you anticipate blitz. if you anticipate wrong, it should fail. If you are indecisive on making the only throw on the play, you should fail. The only read is to lob it over the D once the pass rush passes the RB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #32
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a ton of success with screens of the wide receiver and half back variety

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »