Home

Players Disappearing from Free Agency

This is a discussion on Players Disappearing from Free Agency within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Players Disappearing from Free Agency

Anyone notice that in CCM, onlne and offline that many players disappear after the preseason is over. In an online CCM that i'm in, I was trying to sign HB De'Anthony Thomas and a rookie TE that was in free agency before the league advanced to the regular season. I couldn't do it in time, the week advanced as i loaded up the screen. When I went back to free agency after the advance, both players weren't there and they were no where to be found on any teams roster. I even noticed that a lot of other players were gone as well. In my opinion, this is just ridiculous that EA does this. At least keep everyone for the first year and do that for players who are below a certain rating at the end of the offseason but to do that after the preseason is just insane. A lot of the players that disappear are rookies that teams would sign later on once they start to accumulate injuries or make some money as an owner to sign them. I was just really shocked and disappointed when this happened. Now, no one from the league will even be able to use these guys. I was really looking forward to having De'Anthony Thomas on my team. I was already thinking of ways to use him, just to get shot down by EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Players Disappearing from Free Agency

Stupid question but did someone else sign him?
Old 09-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Doesn't appear so. To be fair, though, this is far from a new thing, it's been in for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan28
When I went back to free agency after the advance, both players weren't there and they were no where to be found on any teams roster.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Trust me, that was my first thought as well but I checked every roster. I even asked everyone in the league group on the groupme app that we use. No one picked him up. I know its something that's been in the game in the past, but its just disappointing that they would disappear after the first preseason.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

it's been in for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 01:47 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Yeah, this is a known thing.

It's a holdover from the implementation of franchise on the X360 and PS3 where system RAM was a severely limiting factor in how many players the could be held in memory during game runtime at once. The free agent pulled had to be purged to make way for incoming rookies, be it from an imported draft class from NCAA Football, an EA hand-crafted draft class, or a randomly-generated draft class.

Hopefully this restriction gets removed at some point.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:14 AM   #7
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

It's a holdover from the implementation of franchise on the X360 and PS3 where system RAM was a severely limiting factor in how many players the could be held in memory during game runtime at once. The free agent pulled had to be purged to make way for incoming rookies, be it from an imported draft class from NCAA Football, an EA hand-crafted draft class, or a randomly-generated draft class.

It's older than that. Xbox/PS2 even. I'm tempted to go back to N64 but its been well over a decade since I even saw it.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #8
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

It seems pretty ridiculous when you consider how many players are in the NHL games. I mean, it is LOADED.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »