Home

JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What are the two most important info screens for Madden Management?
Roster & Upcoming FA 4 15.38%
Roster & Team Needs 3 11.54%
Roster & Salary Info 1 3.85%
Upcoming FA & Team Needs 3 11.54%
Upcoming FA & Salary Info 0 0%
Salary Info & Team Needs 2 7.69%
Roster & Top Scouted Prospects 7 26.92%
Team Needs & Top Scouted Prospects 4 15.38%
Salary Info & Top Scouted Prospects 2 7.69%
Other (Please describe in Thread Reply) 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #113
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

If I just rid of the LOOKUP function for letter grades, you could type the players actual rating into the cell and it will calculate based on that and not the estimated guess (letter grade)

But, what do I do about players who appear to be low rating, but have great development? I need some kind of modifier in there to keep rookies from being the bottom of the list because they havent had time to develop.

Suggestions?
Old 10-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #114
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

That'd be a tough tool to make as you'd have to take contracts into account as well. You'd have to input their bonus and years left and the workbook would have to some how calculate which players uncuttable/untradable due to cap issues and also try and determine who you should cut based on player value, basically who is overpaid or underpaid I guess.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #115
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
That'd be a tough tool to make as you'd have to take contracts into account as well. You'd have to input their bonus and years left and the workbook would have to some how calculate which players uncuttable/untradable due to cap issues and also try and determine who you should cut based on player value, basically who is overpaid or underpaid I guess.
Damn, I hadnt even thought about that. I like a good challenge though.
I mean Madden breaks down the salary pretty well, you'd just have a lot of information to input at the beginning of each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you. You selflessly put this tool on this forum for all of us to use and it has enhanced my gaming experience immensely. Just want to say I really appreciate your hard work and most of all the time it took to put this together and finely tune it to be the best tool it could be for everyone to use.
Sincerely, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #117
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

Questions for the community:

1) When making roster cuts, what cap penalty amount usually deters you from releasing? Anything over [dollar] amount?

2) When judging your players, what do you use to determine how well he will improve?

trying to find a good balance in valuing players on rosters
Old 10-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
If I just rid of the LOOKUP function for letter grades, you could type the players actual rating into the cell and it will calculate based on that and not the estimated guess (letter grade)

But, what do I do about players who appear to be low rating, but have great development? I need some kind of modifier in there to keep rookies from being the bottom of the list because they havent had time to develop.

Suggestions?
I did something like this, but very simple as my excel knowledge is limited to basic equations.

I pretty much just grabbed the same 9 attributes I used for draft board rankings, a roster by position with the 9 attributes listed out highest rank to lowest, with a final calculated value listed after all the attributes. This gives me a real value according to my desired weights and allows me to compare to my liking. Also, I don't weigh awareness or play recognition, so my value represents raw potential.

edit: after a re-read, I realized what I do may not be what you were looking for.

Last edited by Rollo; 10-01-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: re-read quoted message
Old 10-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is just a basic scouting question but I hope someone here can help me. What are the attribute ranges for letter grades? For example if a guy has "A" for his speed, catching, or any attribute, does that mean it 90-99? If it's "B" does that mean 80-89?
Old 10-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #120
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

What do you all think? Useful, or not?

ROSTER BOARD

PLAYER TAB

Cap Penalty is not figured into grade

FINAL GRADE - PLAYER TAB

ROSTER REQUIREMENTS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »