Home

JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What are the two most important info screens for Madden Management?
Roster & Upcoming FA 4 15.38%
Roster & Team Needs 3 11.54%
Roster & Salary Info 1 3.85%
Upcoming FA & Team Needs 3 11.54%
Upcoming FA & Salary Info 0 0%
Salary Info & Team Needs 2 7.69%
Roster & Top Scouted Prospects 7 26.92%
Team Needs & Top Scouted Prospects 4 15.38%
Salary Info & Top Scouted Prospects 2 7.69%
Other (Please describe in Thread Reply) 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
This is really good stuff JRT. Have wanted to do something like this for awhile but never found the time.

Question. I only have around 1900 scouting points my first year. How are u picking which guys to scout? With that many points I can probably only scout 25 guys at 9 attributes each or 36 at 6 attributes each. I can't come up with a good method on who to look at. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
Definitely stick with only a few positions or specific player styles. Plenty of undrafted projected gems will stay undrafted, so id almost ignore them with a lower amount of scout points.

I'd also ignore speed/agility/acceleration on any speed related position. That should allow you to get a few extra players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #82
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
Definitely stick with only a few positions or specific player styles. Plenty of undrafted projected gems will stay undrafted, so id almost ignore them with a lower amount of scout points.

I'd also ignore speed/agility/acceleration on any speed related position. That should allow you to get a few extra players.
Sorry guys. Out in the wilderness camping now. (Sorta). Will get back to the draft tomorrow.afternoon.

Really excited about the router d modifier I'm trying to implement., can't wait for you all to test it
Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #83
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

I've been working on my first draft using this tool and so far it does a really good job of grading the players and helps me to see differences in prospects. Great tool, thank you for the hard work.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #84
Rookie

Nate.Walton1's Arena

Thanks for all the hard work on this tool! Excited to try it out, I've been playing a lot of MUT (#nomoneyspent).. and I'm almost done with my 1st year with the Colt's on my CFM Coach... Only issue is you can't increase power moves for OLB's... Which frustrates me because I'm running a 3-4 defense and my OLB's need that power move to get sacks I COULD strictly go with finesse move OLB's, but I don't like that I'm limited to that... May have to wait on the patch before I continue season 2...
Old 09-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #85
Rookie

I simulated another season and did another draft, I am not going to list everything like last time but I think this draft was even better. I had 3 guys over 80 (WR, 2 more OL), 3 guys between 75-79 (2 CB, 1 TE), all 6 of them had either star or quick development. Had one disappointment my highest rated HB only came in at 71 and was normal (still not bad but I think I need to tweak my ratings slightly for HB though). Then I took 2 flyers on guys I wasn't expecting much on and they came in at mid 60s.

I also accidentally had the CPU draft a late round guy for me because I had advance draft, but the pick I would have had I don't think would have been much better (lowest guy on my board but a "need" position for a backup).

Seems like most of the talent I want is always in the later rounds, so I keep "Belichik'ing" picks and trading down and acquiring an extra pick next year and still getting almost everyone I want (other than the first 3 rounds where it is obviously a lot tougher to get who you want). I will have 10 picks (I think) in the next draft as of now. Maybe it is partially how I rate players, but I think it is mostly just the draft classes in general have a lot of these late round gems. It has seemed that way the past 2 drafts I've done.

Despite all this success, and the fact that my team is rated 99/99 (offense/defense), I may end up starting a new franchise with a bad team like Oakland or Jacksonville and simulate a year or 2, and try to build them back up though, I'm not sure yet. My team is almost too good now.

Now that I've really gotten better at drafting and scouting with the help of your tool (and just reading other posts on here as well), I may go that route for a new challenge (plus I would have a lot less scouting points to work with so it will be more challenging).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate.Walton1
Thanks for all the hard work on this tool! Excited to try it out, I've been playing a lot of MUT (#nomoneyspent).. and I'm almost done with my 1st year with the Colt's on my CFM Coach... Only issue is you can't increase power moves for OLB's... Which frustrates me because I'm running a 3-4 defense and my OLB's need that power move to get sacks I COULD strictly go with finesse move OLB's, but I don't like that I'm limited to that... May have to wait on the patch before I continue season 2...
Yeah I don't understand that either why you can't increase power moves for 3-4 OLB, the one late round steal I had the previous season was the only OLB I found with B PM/B FM. They are tough to find though. I was thinking of scouting speed rusher D ends and converting them (I know there is a convert penalty this year but I was gonna test that out maybe and see how it went).

Similarly also don't understand you can't increase OL agility. If you go into schemes if your O-lineman are set to zone blocking it says agility makes up part of that rating. So you'd think it would be able available to be increased (even if it was super expensive to do).
Old 09-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #87
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

Awesome work, wish I found this last week because I just did my second draft on CFM this weekend. I just started a new CFM and moving the team so I'll probably sim the first year. Going to put this tool to work for me
Old 09-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #88
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

extremely happy this tool is getting some use out of it. The late round suggestions is the only thing that bothers me, I haven't had a draft where I dont trade back 2 picks because my board wants me to reach heavily.

Thats why I want to implement this round modifier, its just a small formula that modifies the value on the prospect depending on his projected round. So instead of your Big Board saying "This 5th round selection is your #1 player" and you either draft him 4 rounds ahead of projection or you search your board for the highest value projected to go in that round, the Big Board will now say "This is the highest value target you should pick in Round 1, round 2, round 3, etc." Really high value players will be suggested earlier than their projected rounds, but not 4 rounds earlier, 2 at the most. And low value players will be suggested in lower than projected rounds.

I really think you guys will like the new adjustment, its makes finding the best pick for that round a lot easier.

I just got home, so I will be adjusting the tool now and testing it out before I upload it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »