Home

Best Logo/Uniform for Relocated Teams?

This is a discussion on Best Logo/Uniform for Relocated Teams? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #17
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Best Logo/Uniform for Relocated Teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Funny this thread popping up now. I'm in the process of, essentially, trying to see how all these uniforms look on the field. I've been snapping some pics--I can try to post some of them. Cause it's a ton of work to do, lol. I don't know why EA couldn't make this easier to see.

I have to say, some of them are CFL level, but some are quite good. Some have matte helmets that look very, very nice. And some are fun. Some are, of course, poor.

Some I have liked so far:

Memphis Hounds
London Black Knights
Los Angeles Dragons

Still have more work to do, though. But I think this might make franchise mode a little more fun, for me personally, because you feel like you really have your own unique team. And it seems, too, that EA has improved the lighting on the relocated stadiums as well, so they look better too.
No kidding. Why didn't they have you go though the options of moving a team, selecting stadium, unis at the same time and see exactly what you're selecting. The process is just dumb.

Most the unis are bad IMO. They need to hire some better talent to design them and make them look real. They all look practically the same with the same color schemes. John Looman, who I read did them himself, needs to stick to what he does best and that is franchise, not designing the uniforms.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #18
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
I'm so confused as to why they'd have Snowhawks as a name for a team in Portland, Oregon. They do realize that snow is a rarity there, right?

Also, the number of teams with brown in their color combos is crazy.
I have come up with a couple of theories on the Snowhawks name:

1. To create an instant rivalry with sister city Seattle and the Seahawks.
2. Their is a minor league hockey team in Portland called the Winterhawks.
3. While it doesn't snow much in Portland, Oregon itself does see a lot of snow in the wintertime.
4. There are several Hawk species in Oregon that don't migrate in the winter.
5. It just a cool name that has nothing to do with the actual city. How many Panthers do you see running around in Charlotte, NC?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:56 AM   #19
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

I remember one of the Salt Lake City options has a pretty awesome combo. It was an off-red color scheme with fading red-ish to white numbers. The only problem is that you'd have to immediately retire and create a coach because of the impending small-market hell you'd have to deal with... Also, the Sacramento (or something) Miners have some good Navy/Dark Yellow schemes (like the *reeeeaaaaalllly old* Packers throwbacks with more blue). I even went through a youtube video and narrowed down options based on possible alternate uniforms (2 sets of pants) to keep it fresh throughout the season. The Houston Voyagers have this option (off the top of my head).
Old 10-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #20
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Can you explain what you mean about retiring your coach because of relocating to a small market?

I'm in the midst of trying to figure out where I want to relocate a team to. I was thinking of a smaller market because I like the uniforms, but can't quite tell how bad of a financial decision that could ultimately be down the road.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #21
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Can you explain what you mean about retiring your coach because of relocating to a small market?

I'm in the midst of trying to figure out where I want to relocate a team to. I was thinking of a smaller market because I like the uniforms, but can't quite tell how bad of a financial decision that could ultimately be down the road.
Owner mode is broken now as it is, if you want to use a smaller market start the relocation as an owner, retire and create a coach for that team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #22
Banned

Thought a while back I read there is a problem with Jerseys that use the Oregon Ducks pattern on the shoulders, maybe you can't edit a players gear with it? I just picked the Mounties with uniform 3. Can someone please explain? This would be a make or break decision since I'm only in week 3 of my CFM.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #23
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
Thought a while back I read there is a problem with Jerseys that use the Oregon Ducks pattern on the shoulders, maybe you can't edit a players gear with it? I just picked the Mounties with uniform 3. Can someone please explain? This would be a make or break decision since I'm only in week 3 of my CFM.
The jersey with the Duck feathers means you can't edit players' jersey sleeve lengths (long, standard, sleeveless). Not sure it that applies to the "Diamond Plate" design tho.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM   #24
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Portland Riverhogs Option 3!

This is where I moved the Jags in my Online CFM, using the Deluxe Sphere Stadium (looks great in day light, better than the Combo option because the combo option never has an open roof and is thus a dome).

I love Dark Blue/Light Blue combos and this uniform has it (with silver nicely added into the mix). Cool font (same as the Minnesota Golden Gophers, but with outlines and different colors of course), classic look great logo. Market isn't too small, but the fans can be fickle (I won the super bowl in year 1 (we went with the default all-pro difficulty, so it was easier than it sounds) and they still waited for a few wins before coming to the games). Don't know if I can recommend a move because of the fanbase but if you want sweet uniforms then the RiverHogs are one of the better choices.

What is disappointing is how many uniform options would look great if you mixed and matched the looks. Like choosing a different font but keeping the regular design, or swapping colors on pants. The Riverhogs option 3 was a rare example of a great design across the board, but there were a lot of designs that were ruined by the font: the Falcons Font was used in WAAAAAY too many designs. Not only is the font mediocre at best but whenever it was applied to a team instead of using the team's actual colors for the numbers they had 1 team color outlined in black (This ruined so many looks that I would have considered otherwise, black is involved far too much in uniform designs nowadays and its jarring when there isn't any black anywhere else on the uniform, the Aftershocks had some great looks last year but they decided to replace the clean block font they were using with the stupid Falcons font and it looks awful).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »