Home

This game really shines online. I feel sorry for those that dont play head to head ga

This is a discussion on This game really shines online. I feel sorry for those that dont play head to head ga within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This game really shines online. I feel sorry for those that dont play head to hea

As you may have guessed, I'm logging all of my online games on here, lol. Just beat a guy 28-7 before he quit with 1:16 left in the 2nd quarter. Love toying with people with the run. Had one rushing TD with Powell and then 3 long ones on counters with Chris Johnson and his stutter step. Must have had over 200 yards already with Johnson alone!

Then I know how the whole thing went. He blitzed guys on the edge, and I threw screens, levels, and spot/snags. Easy.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #58
Banned

Re: This game really shines online. I feel sorry for those that dont play head to hea

Wow, just barely won a game with a last-second FG to make it 20-18 in a game that I should have lost badly.

He was shutting down my pass game (went 12-13 with 2 INTs) and killing me with his (20-28, 287 yards, 2 TDs). He also got 5 TFLs, but I got 6, as I held him to 27 rushing yards on 9 attempts.

I got 200 total rushing yards, with CJ getting 132 on 16 carries, Ivory 57 on 10, and Powell 11 on 1. CJ was killing him with the wide trap (he SHUT DOWN the counter with some GREAT usering of the DE), but it was Ivory that help me get those tough yards during my 4th quarter 2-minute offense.

Once again, disguised coverages coming up big for me. Yes, he killed me in the passing game, but I got two picks, both when he was driving into my territory. I think one was Cover 2 Show 4, and the other was, of course, Buzz 3 Press, or whatever it's called (can't quite remember ATM, and too lazy to look it up, lol).

But it's good to know that, even when my running game is "shut down", I still can get 200 yards. That's my goal every game, haha. Runs out the clock, more consistent than my passing recently, and it's just more satisfying for some reason. I'm sure I could have passed on him (and I killed him with a few flats to Amaro on the spot/snag concept), but I won by running, so I'm fine with that.

Thought it was over when I got sacked at my 4 yard line with about 2 1/2 minutes left, but on 3rd and 14, I KNEW he'd call 3 or 4 deep, so I hit him with the counter and got the big yardage I needed.

Then I just pounded Ivory down the field and hit a 41-yard FG as time expired.

EDIT: Just looked and he had 223 yards and 2 TDs on 16 catches to Steve Smith! Any idea on how to stop specific players when spotlighting isn't working? He kept going up the seam, so I kept calling cover 3 seam, but it didn't seem to work. He caught it no matter what.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #59
Just started!

I love playing Madden online with players who take a real football approach. I agree that Madden truly shines online as well as local couch head to head matches.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:18 AM   #60
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalpackage83
I thought so too until this happened to me in my CFM three days ago. One of the most unrealistic plays I have ever seen. We play on All-Madden default sliders.

http://instagram.com/p/uR_GwWpuFZ/?modal=true
Wow that's ridiculous.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:58 AM   #61
Banned

Too many dropped picks online especially when playing against players like Peyton Manning, etc. some BS. And never play against anyone with custom playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #62
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Too many dropped picks online especially when playing against players like Peyton Manning, etc. some BS. And never play against anyone with custom playbooks.
That makes it too frustrating for me. I have almost 1 dropped INT PER drive. Sometimes multiples. Nothing worse than earning an interception or three and then have your opponent score on some BS suction catch where the WR catches it one hand that gets bent behind his back and around the defender but doesnt fall out lol.

Not even custom playbooks, whenever someone even changes their playbook except cheese. Had a guy use the Dolphins and changed his playbook to some other team. Same formation whole game. But with Madden's OP hot route/aubible system for the offense theres nothing you can do. You can change the play completely at the LOS and it completely throws the defense out of wack. Yeah they added a 2 second delay when you call a hot route but its not like it stops anyone really.

There is some good football in Madden but theres flaws on every play if you look and when those flaws lead to losses. Just not worth the frustration. That guy who posted that suction tackle fumble. That's criminal.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #63
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Thats my biggest complaint about online play,they make it extremely hard to pick off Brady,Bres,Rodgers and Manning,no matter how bad the person is using those teams.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
That makes it too frustrating for me. I have almost 1 dropped INT PER drive. Sometimes multiples. Nothing worse than earning an interception or three and then have your opponent score on some BS suction catch where the WR catches it one hand that gets bent behind his back and around the defender but doesnt fall out lol.

Not even custom playbooks, whenever someone even changes their playbook except cheese. Had a guy use the Dolphins and changed his playbook to some other team. Same formation whole game. But with Madden's OP hot route/aubible system for the offense theres nothing you can do. You can change the play completely at the LOS and it completely throws the defense out of wack. Yeah they added a 2 second delay when you call a hot route but its not like it stops anyone really.

There is some good football in Madden but theres flaws on every play if you look and when those flaws lead to losses. Just not worth the frustration. That guy who posted that suction tackle fumble. That's criminal.
What's wrong with switching the playbook and using the same formation? I come out in a bunch formation because it allows me to utilize multiple real-life passing concepts with easy reads.

I can understand if someone spams a play that glitches out defenders or something, but legit football concepts? Don't see the problem with that. If I'm having success with bunch levels or spot/snag, why stop?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »