Home

Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis

This is a discussion on Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #33
Rookie

NortheastKid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 Draft Class Analysis

You can find 3rd string/slot WRs with good catch in traffic in the lower rounds. Ive hit on a couple decent ones that end up being around an 80 overall. Also, linebackers in the early rounds seem to become studs very quickly
Old 02-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #34
Rookie

My issue is with the defensive line. Anyone who is a pass rusher / speed rusher is going to have (usually) A acceleration, B speed, B strength, and F awareness. It doesnt matter which round, either. I've taken plenty in the 2nd and 3rd rounds only to find that theyre basically the same as 7th rounders / undrafted ones (70-79 overall usually).

But basically, after a draft i grab all the undrafted ones and I instantly have an above average line that after I upgrade the awareness will be amazing.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #35
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Way too much speed at DT, I mean every class I have had has like 10 guys with 80 plus SPD - compared to the out of box roster with 2 or 3 players at DT with 81 being the highest - where I routinely see 5 or more DTs with like 85 speed in these dang "generated classes" which would be fine if we were talking DEs - but these are DTs - should be capped at 80 and that should be very very rare.

Positional change restrictions irritate the heck out of me, especially considering the numerous historical references which were not considered - particularly LB/Safety moves; Thomas Davis, Darren Woodson, and on and on - players moving at the NFL level from safety to LB or vive versa.

DL in these classes stink from an overall perspective; heavy in the athletic prowess at DT, light in that area for DE and all of them severely lacking in intangibles that really relate to their purpose - play recognition, BLK shedding, FMV, PMV. Yes there are stars to be found, but no satisfaction really from finding them. Which brings me to my final point;

Scouting in this era of Madden is so friggan tedious. It isn't fun, rewarding or anything remotely like what happens in the real NFL - where every single player that is eligible is scouted by every team, at least in regards to their physical gifts - ie scouting combine/pro days/ game film - the physical freaks are well known come draft day. Everyone knew RGIII was a speed demon and had the arm strength to throw deep, what the Redskins failed to discern was that he lacks the mental toughness to hang in the pocket and go through his progressions, which causes him to bail on plays and run leaving his slight physical frame open to severe punishment. So now RGIII is a fragmented shell of his former physical abilities and is severely hamstrung by his shaken confidence.

So, I wish EA would give us the dang letter grades for physical ratings for every player, and then we would scout players to discern their technique/intangibles to determine their viability as an NFL player. Another thing that would help this if players "performed" up to, or down to, their ratings. IE Edge rushers who are a PITA in real life should be a PITA in the game. DBs like Peterson/Revis/Sherman who really never seem out of position should play as such in the game. WRs who are dominant in fighting for jump balls should play that way (even without my stick input).

EA does not put enough emphasis on the intangible or position specific ratings within the game play. And that leads to some frustrating scenarios within the game. Route Running is a perfect example - 99 SPD, 99 ACC and 35 route run WR is overly effective in Madden because despite his inconsistent and poor RR rating he will always be where he is supposed to be according to the play art - he never waits too long to break nor does he ever break off routes early. As much as route run should be matched with DBs and their MCV rating - it should also determine the reliability of the player to get where he is supposed to be at the appropriate time.

These things not having the proper weight or emphasis is what makes scouting suck, it is what makes the game seem "predestined" and it is why many people who have more than a basic understanding of football get so despondent over EA's lackluster efforts...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 10:19 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks13
How does strength play in for WR? Doesn't the rating of release matter versus the rating of press? When talking WR vs CB?

Also strength for the HB? Does it help break tackles? I have a RB that I have maxed out at Trucking and has the every Trait and he seems to run people over often.

Strength plays a big role in blocking, being able to push the opposing player back.

As for RBs, strength affects if your back will fall forward or get flattened on his back while being tackled.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:07 PM   #37
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah the original post is dead on. One big issue I have had with these drafts though is the lack of true nose tackles. In simming ahead and just looking at the rookies that come out of draft classes I still haven't been able to find a nose tackle that has 90+ strength and appropriate size. The highest strength I have found for a nose tackle is 90 and that's just not right.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #38
Rookie

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...each-team.html

This is my analysis from our leagues recent draft.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #39
Just started!

How does strength play in for WR? Doesn't the rating of release matter versus the rating of press? When talking WR vs CB?
Old 02-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #40
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharding16
I have had an easy time drafting LBs that have quickly become 90+ but I think that is due to scheme more than anything. I have had an incredibly hard time finding LBs that have good pass rush attributes though.
Apologies if you know this already, but if you run a 3-4 zone blitz scheme, remember to scout the 4-3 DE speed rushers, as some of those guys translate really well to 3-4 OLB (as far as coming in with good pass rush traits). You'll probably need to spend some progression points on their intangibles at the start, but I've found some studs in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »