Home

Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB

This is a discussion on Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2014, 09:51 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Young Blood lol, I am probably older than you but nice try. I am not even a Tebow fan. But to say he isn't better than some of the horrible backups (and starting QB's) in today's NFL is laughable at best. I would take him over Geno Smith and EJ Manuel. Your right there is no comparison to Tebow, Tebow as bad as he was never threw 30 int's in one season. He didn't even throw that many in his entire career, he had 9. It is a MASSIVE reach because that's how bad the OP's QB was. Hate to break it to you but a Super Bowl Appearance matters very little when you don't actually win it. We don't even know if he was the reason the team went to the SB or he was a Trent Dilfer type who rode a great team there but did very little on his own. Speaking of Dilfer he won a SB and was on a new team the next year as a backup. That's how little a SB appearance means if you are not a good QB. He was a SB winning QB and not a single team even offered him a starting job.

Heres a bone for ya: the guy had a bad rookie season then was 30 td/15 int the other two years so since thats too bad to be resigned what about flacco and eli who are paid stupid amounts to be mediocre and throw 20-30 picks a year?
Old 11-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Young Blood lol, I am probably older than you but nice try. I am not even a Tebow fan. But to say he isn't better than some of the horrible backups (and starting QB's) in today's NFL is laughable at best. I would take him over Geno Smith and EJ Manuel. Your right there is no comparison to Tebow, Tebow as bad as he was never threw 30 int's in one season. He didn't even throw that many in his entire career, he had 9. It is a MASSIVE reach because that's how bad the OP's QB was. Hate to break it to you but a Super Bowl Appearance matters very little when you don't actually win it. We don't even know if he was the reason the team went to the SB or he was a Trent Dilfer type who rode a great team there but did very little on his own. Speaking of Dilfer he won a SB and was on a new team the next year as a backup. That's how little a SB appearance means if you are not a good QB. He was a SB winning QB and not a single team even offered him a starting job.
My "young blood" comment was in reference to Kyrie Irving and his Uncle Drew character. Nothing more, nothing less. It just seemed appropriate after pointing out how much you're reaching here.

As for Tebow, you said he's better than "most" backup QB's. He's not. At all. And 32 NFL teams agree with me, and say he's not even better than their #3 scrub QB. Now you've back pedaled a bit and said he's better than "some". Big difference, but still factually incorrect seeing as though he's out of the league. Also, only naming two examples in Geno Smith and EJ Manual doesn't help your case any, and again I'd bet all 32 NFL teams would take those two guys over Tim Tebow. Tebow can be signed by anyone at any time for the vet min, and nobody wants him.

As for Tebow never throwing INT's, a big reason for that is he barely threw the ball, and when he did, he was so terribly inaccurate that it was out of everyone's reach. See his 47% career completion rate. He also never threw for consecutive or even any 4000+ yard seasons. Nor a ton of TD's which this guys QB did.

As for Tebow making the playoffs with a "below average team", the Broncos were the best rushing offense and had one of the leagues best D's. They ran the ball, controlled the clock, and played smash mouth D. THAT'S how they made the playoffs, not because Tebow carried them. This guys QB threw for a ton of TD's and yards, and ANY QB who can lead the Oakland friggin' Raiders to the Super Bowl would be on a lot of teams radars, because that's a massive feat for that terribly dysfunctional franchise.

You will never win this argument, and even if you continue to concede that this guys QB isn't worthy of a vet min deal or even to be a scrub #3 somewhere, it's still a massive flaw in the game to FORCE him into retirement just because nobody offered him a contract that particularly off season. He wasn't even allowed to sit in the free agent pool prior to pre-season starting.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:50 PM   #51
Pro

My buddy created a 40yr old rookie and was forced to retire after week 5 of the first season. We created the league as a screw around league where we would basically pass or run with the QB every play. He was forced to retire after he ran 20+ times for 150+ yards. I guess the old guys legs gave out or something. Lol. But I definitely think it's a glitch in the matrix.

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 12:43 AM   #52
Just started!

Usually they make you retire if your contract is up and no team makes an offer for you in free agency. What were your stats like when you say "not All-Star but not horrible"?[img]
Old 11-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbvcjnhf
Usually they make you retire if your contract is up and no team makes an offer for you in free agency. What were your stats like when you say "not All-Star but not horrible"?[img]
I clarify more on a couple more posts on the 1st page.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #54
Banned

OP, I'm curious. What were your goals for the season? Did you meet the goals?
Old 11-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #55
Rookie

This sounds like a major flaw cuz CPU logic signs based off of scheme and overall (hence why CBs with 70 speed start) Therefore not getting a job is completely unreasonable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatiger13
OP, I'm curious. What were your goals for the season? Did you meet the goals?
The first year I do not think I did but I got the next two years if I remember correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »