Home

I've never experienced anything quite like this.....

This is a discussion on I've never experienced anything quite like this..... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: I've never experienced anything quite like this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Nope, I only buy it when I can get it new for $20 new. I'll be back november of next year.
Guys, wouldn't it make sense to not confine your observations and opinions to operation sports? We have been asking for a change for almost 10 years. EA has continued to release a broken product year after year. It is obvious, that while they have the exclusive license, and no competition, that they will not change. Factual information is that they continue to focus on graphics. EA is OK with releasing a lacklustre game, with broken features as well as other aspects of the game. I would challenge each one of you to start hitting the store websites with your reviews, opinions and observations. You all may buy the game, but your factual opinions, may prevent the casuals from buying the game. Maybe it's time that the casuals hear the same things we do here at operation sports
Old 12-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

This game isn't broke. It plays exactly how they want it to for the casuals and tournament guys. Sacks are cool, and who wants to lose a tournament because of a penalty. Those two segments are the reasons that we won't see real change in this game.

Hardcore simulation style people make up such a minority that there is no real incentive to change. They know that we will do whatever it takes to try and fix it ourselves.

2020: 52-39
Old 12-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Guys, wouldn't it make sense to not confine your observations and opinions to operation sports? We have been asking for a change for almost 10 years. EA has continued to release a broken product year after year. It is obvious, that while they have the exclusive license, and no competition, that they will not change. Factual information is that they continue to focus on graphics. EA is OK with releasing a lacklustre game, with broken features as well as other aspects of the game. I would challenge each one of you to start hitting the store websites with your reviews, opinions and observations. You all may buy the game, but your factual opinions, may prevent the casuals from buying the game. Maybe it's time that the casuals hear the same things we do here at operation sports
Exactly. A quick look at Amazon, there are only 197 (ps4) and 125 (xb1) reviews and it averages 4 stars. Driving down those ratings, with truth, will cause casuals to think twice about buying it. Casuals don't browse OS to find the games flaws, but if they see that it is only rated 2 stars they'll think, maybe this isn't a very good game and not buy it.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Find an online league. It single handedly saved Madden for me. Madden went for almost a non-buy, to being the #1 reason why I bought an X-Box One, due to my online league.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
Exactly. A quick look at Amazon, there are only 197 (ps4) and 125 (xb1) reviews and it averages 4 stars. Driving down those ratings, with truth, will cause casuals to think twice about buying it. Casuals don't browse OS to find the games flaws, but if they see that it is only rated 2 stars they'll think, maybe this isn't a very good game and not buy it.

The funny thing is, that EA has gotten by with this behavior for almost 10 years. They think they are going to get away with it this generation. It's a matter of getting them where it hurts. And everyone knows that that is sales and profits. I've seen some of the posts from Clint, relating to some of the issues that we've seen. There is no desire to communicate with us, Or fix these issues. It's Clint's way or the highway. Did he care about the sack issues? No. He even said that there wasn't a problem with sacks. Did he care about the quarterback completion percentage? No. Every single sale that you take away from EA, moves us closer to a good football game. They will start to care, when they start losing sales. They will start to care when the higher-ups start putting pressure on them. I don't want to see anybody lose their job, but this lackluster attitude, not wanting to communicate with customers, not wanting to fix the problems with the game, releasing untested patches, games with broken features, such as sliders that don't work, and failure to address the simple things like adding females and children to the crowd, just aren't going to fly anymore. Not on this next generation of console. We expect more, and deserve more. There was no excuse for this latest patch that disrupted the halfway decent gameplay we finally had. The major issues were not fixed. I'm angry, but I am more of a fed up type of angry, because instead of a desire to make the game great, it seems that they are just going to stick with the mentality of doing just enough being good enough. If they had their way, in 10 years we would get the exact same results. Tiburon shouldn't have the exclusive license, because they don't deserve it. They are destroying football gaming. Support this cause. Force EA to change. Don't let these guys get away with this for another 10 years. Visit every single store review site and express your factual opinions in regards to Madden 15. I am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
The funny thing is, that EA has gotten by with this behavior for almost 10 years. They think they are going to get away with it this generation. It's a matter of getting them where it hurts. And everyone knows that that is sales and profits. I've seen some of the posts from Clint, relating to some of the issues that we've seen. There is no desire to communicate with us, Or fix these issues. It's Clint's way or the highway. Did he care about the sack issues? No. He even said that there wasn't a problem with sacks. Did he care about the quarterback completion percentage? No. Every single sale that you take away from EA, moves us closer to a good football game. They will start to care, when they start losing sales. They will start to care when the higher-ups start putting pressure on them. I don't want to see anybody lose their job, but this lackluster attitude, not wanting to communicate with customers, not wanting to fix the problems with the game, releasing untested patches, games with broken features, such as sliders that don't work, and failure to address the simple things like adding females and children to the crowd, just aren't going to fly anymore. Not on this next generation of console. We expect more, and deserve more. There was no excuse for this latest patch that disrupted the halfway decent gameplay we finally had. The major issues were not fixed. I'm angry, but I am more of a fed up type of angry, because instead of a desire to make the game great, it seems that they are just going to stick with the mentality of doing just enough being good enough. If they had their way, in 10 years we would get the exact same results. Tiburon shouldn't have the exclusive license, because they don't deserve it. They are destroying football gaming. Support this cause. Force EA to change. Don't let these guys get away with this for another 10 years. Visit every single store review site and express your factual opinions in regards to Madden 15. I am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree with everything you just said. We alway here about madden's "3 year" plan, well maybe it's time for us as consumers to have our own 3 year plan to drive down sales using honest well constructed reviews expressing our displeasure with the product. A 2* review that says "Game Sucks", doesn't reverberate with people as much as a 2* review that goes on to explain how bad cpu play calling is, or how getting 10 sacks a game destroys the balance of game play in a game that is suppose to be an authentic representation of Sundays.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 7

EA has listened to "some" of the things from our community but there are still many more things that need to be addressed going forward
Old 12-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMcCringleberry
Come on, Madden 16 won't be that bad on August 25th... there is always a 2 month long honeymoon period where everyone LOVES the game.

It took me a month lol. I saw a bunch of problems from the beginning, but I think that was just me hoping these were just rare incidents instead of recurring problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »