Home

CPU QB Accuracy

This is a discussion on CPU QB Accuracy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #17
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CPU QB Accuracy

Receivers with low route running are a huge risk already, I saw this first hand over the course of our OLF. However we use our own slider sets which may make it more applicable vs your default settings. I have Stephen Hill as an example 6’4 215, 96 speed, but his route running is 60, he creates NO SEPARATION outside of slants, and go routes, so he’s very limited for me.

On the other hand I have James Jones in my slot as my 3rd receiver, and he routinely creates route separation even though he is only 85 speed, but his route running is 85. With his 88 catch, 94 catch in traffic, and 96 release when applicable he’s a beast running the route tree, flags, posts, digs, curls etc.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 03-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #18
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Passes are "tethered" to receivers and this compounds the accuracy issues at all levels both for CPU and User QBs.

"Route based", if properly implemented, would correct a multitude of issues with Madden's passing game.

Passes should be "tethered" to routes, not receivers. Currently, throwing a pass early will alter the route or even create a new one in extremely unrealistic fashion. If they went with route based passing, they could accurately create scenarios where an early throw would result in incompletions because the receiver would never "locate" the ball.

They could also add to the importance of RR rating, by having low ratings result in "rounded" cuts, early or late breaks, in addition to poor separation. RR should be far more impactful, than it is currently.

Double move routes are currently abused as a triple passing window route, when in truth, most true double move routes in the NFL the receiver never looks for the ball until coming out of their second or final cut/break. The out n up is the only route I can think of that is a dual route where the receiver will look for the ball twice during the route progression. As it stands now, even the CPU, will chuck passes at times where the receiver would not be looking for the ball, which should result in incompletions, but rather the receiver "magically, telepathically, instantly" looks for the ball.

The fact is that the ball being "tethered" to receivers, rather than routes, is without a doubt the biggest detriment to Madden gameplay. It produces a ridiculous set of occurrences that are just not possible IRL. It is the single biggest exploit abuse in Madden.

And in fact is the biggest obstacle to achieving a game that produces reasonable completion percentages while maintaining difficulty/challenge thresholds that people can respect and enjoy...
Old 03-27-2015, 07:55 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Passes are "tethered" to receivers and this compounds the accuracy issues at all levels both for CPU and User QBs.

"Route based", if properly implemented, would correct a multitude of issues with Madden's passing game.

Passes should be "tethered" to routes, not receivers. Currently, throwing a pass early will alter the route or even create a new one in extremely unrealistic fashion. If they went with route based passing, they could accurately create scenarios where an early throw would result in incompletions because the receiver would never "locate" the ball.

They could also add to the importance of RR rating, by having low ratings result in "rounded" cuts, early or late breaks, in addition to poor separation. RR should be far more impactful, than it is currently.

Double move routes are currently abused as a triple passing window route, when in truth, most true double move routes in the NFL the receiver never looks for the ball until coming out of their second or final cut/break. The out n up is the only route I can think of that is a dual route where the receiver will look for the ball twice during the route progression. As it stands now, even the CPU, will chuck passes at times where the receiver would not be looking for the ball, which should result in incompletions, but rather the receiver "magically, telepathically, instantly" looks for the ball.

The fact is that the ball being "tethered" to receivers, rather than routes, is without a doubt the biggest detriment to Madden gameplay. It produces a ridiculous set of occurrences that are just not possible IRL. It is the single biggest exploit abuse in Madden.

And in fact is the biggest obstacle to achieving a game that produces reasonable completion percentages while maintaining difficulty/challenge thresholds that people can respect and enjoy...
This was exactly what I was getting at with my "bonus round" comment.

I don't know how likely it is that we will ever see this though.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #20
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendRyder
I played a lot of Madden on previous gen, but just got 15 on PS4. I haven't played a LOT of games, so my sample size isn't huge. I didn't find this in Play Now (again, maybe I haven't played enough), but in my 3 games as the Seahawks in Offline CFM, I have gotten absolutely annihilated by Rodgers, Peyton, and Rivers. I get that these are 3 of the best QB's in the NFL, but the Seahawks D is also elite. It's not even that they're doing really well, they literally throw 1-2 incomplete passes a game. Is there any way to fix this?? Is anyone else finding this? Was this just an unlucky stretch of games, or do I just suck? I was playing All-Pro w/ default sliders for the first two, but against the Chargers I went down to Pro and still got shredded by the offence.
There was a video released around e3 last year with Russell Wilson throwing a all in the diet in a hitch. The video was showing off the realistic miss-throws that were supposed to be n the game this year.

Something tells me the tourney crowd rioted when they saw this as and EA caved, QB accuracy in the game is nowhere near as realistic as it should be or different from prior releasesm in my opinion.

It's kind of sad that QB inacuracy is something that has to be marketed as a new feature. I feel like that's the same thing as marketing "Now with New Missed Free Throws!" or "now the you can miss penalty kicks!" in other games.

It's sad that you have to lower accuracy to 5 or below in order to get anything close

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #21
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Qbs might go 25 for 27 but they're only throwing for 150. It also helps to equalize the sack issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #22
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Qbs might go 25 for 27 but they're only throwing for 150. It also helps to equalize the sack issue.
Agreed. It's is EA's band-aids upon band-aids philosophy in action.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »