Home

Watching MLB 2015 make me realize how far Madden is from that

This is a discussion on Watching MLB 2015 make me realize how far Madden is from that within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Watching MLB 2015 make me realize how far Madden is from that

Wow the difference on the animation is huge! Why Madden is not there already?
Running, walking, almost every animation is 10x better than what madden is even on "next gen".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Watching MLB 2015 make me realize how far Madden is from that

Don't know how long this thread will last, and I hate comparing games like that, but I agree. The custom animations alone from the pitching motions, to the swings are enough to put me in a depression over why my favorite sport isn't on that level. And they keep adding more every year. Madden still struggles to get the throwing motions to trigger and the frustrating thing is they actually had them going back in Madden 11.

Conversely, The Show actually has Ken Griffey's swing IN the game. I think even Ty Cobb's swing is in, so if you create a legend, they'll actually look like that legend. You don't have to worry about immersion. Whereas in Madden if you buy a Joe Montana, or a Michael Irvin, they are virtually indistinguishable from every other player at their position. I saw a MUT vid on youtube of the Cowboys with Irvin and the only thing that made it actually look like Irvin was the jersey number and the sleeves.

Every time I get to playing The Show, or even 2K, I have a hard time getting back into Madden, and that's a shame because I don't love basketball or baseball like I love football.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 03-10-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
MVP

booker21's Arena

I don't understand why some basic motion cAp are so bad. Running animation, passing Animation, they are not natural at all. How is that possible with "next gen"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

People have said this before but I'll reiterate.

The only possible way Madden will have the changes people want and keep up with the other titles like MLB The Show, NBA 2K and FIFA is they will have to scrap their current version of Madden and completely rewrite and start over from scratch.

They will need to take off for 2 years at the minimum and completely make a new game. They will never do this of course because of how much cash Madden brings in every year and EA doesn't want to lose that for a few years.

Aside from EA fixing the stats, adding in some more franchise features, maybe a radio show, the current game you see as far as animations is what we will always have until they rewrite it completely.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
People have said this before but I'll reiterate.

The only possible way Madden will have the changes people want and keep up with the other titles like MLB The Show, NBA 2K and FIFA is they will have to scrap their current version of Madden and completely rewrite and start over from scratch.

They will need to take off for 2 years at the minimum and completely make a new game. They will never do this of course because of how much cash Madden brings in every year and EA doesn't want to lose that for a few years.

Aside from EA fixing the stats, adding in some more franchise features, maybe a radio show, the current game you see as far as animations is what we will always have until they rewrite it completely.

When I first started reading this I thought, here we go again another 2k can do it better post, I'm glad it wasn't that.

I agree with your post though. They do need to take time off and rework it. I have always said they need to stop releasing games every year and do it every other year. That gives you plenty of time to make the game and make changes they need to make, but Madden is a cash cow, so it will never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

They could have the NCAA team working on redoing the game while the normal team doespecially the versions we are used to
Old 03-11-2015, 11:36 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 2

Lots of other yearly games have more than one team working on the series to give the games more than a year development time. I see no reason why Madden couldn't do this ONE TIME to rebuild their engine.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:03 AM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Lots of other yearly games have more than one team working on the series to give the games more than a year development time. I see no reason why Madden couldn't do this ONE TIME to rebuild their engine.
exactly. you can do as they are doing releasing the same game with a few new features every year and every 2 years make a major changes. when i say major i just mean for exmaple running animation, this is Huge on a Sports game. where 22 players are running at the same time, this has to be right.

QB passing animation, you see the same animation 60 times per game, at least do it right.

so year 1- Better running animation
year 2- few new features with roster update basically (people will still buy it and its what is happening really).
year 3.-better QB animations with 32 player signature move that work,
year... you get the idea.

This way, at least for the end of the PS4 cycle we would get a full package

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »