Home

Madden NFL 16: Five Teams to Consider for your Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Five Teams to Consider for your Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2015, 05:37 PM   #41
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16: Five Teams to Consider for your Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Eagles fans are always good for a laugh.

1. The backfield is consisted of two guys with a lengthy injury history (Murray and Matthews) and one guy on the wrong side of 30. Murray no longer is running behind the best line in the league, his numbers will come crashing down to earth.

2. There is nothing fun or exciting about their secondary. It is full of 2nd and 3rd options and rookies.

3. The QB situation is a train wreck. Do you really think Bradford can stay healthy? Sanchez is good for a few spot starts but not a full season.

That's the real life situation. In Madden though they should be a pretty decent team, Murray will be incredibly overrated.
This is a video game... What you said means nothing lol.

Injury histoy, #1 offensive line, and the QBs are all going to be non-factors in Madden lol.

In real life there's a ton exciting about their secondary. Byron Maxwell has a chance to be a terrific player and a #1 CB in this league. Malcolm Jenkins has been solid for us. Eric Rowe is a young, versatile, long CB who can also be physical at the line, they have 3 ex-seahawks in that secondary who will give insight on the system.

Their front 7 is going to be very good next year, especially with a healthy Kiko Alonso who made a huge for defensive ROY and then tore his ACL.

Sam Bradford was a #1 overall pick and rookie of the year with possibly the worst support system I've ever seen. He is a very accurate, strong QB whi still has a ton of upside. If Chip can keep him healthy, and upright, this will be a genius move by Philly.

Everyone knows there are injury questions with this team, I'm not over-looking that, but none of that matters in Madden.

In real life, yeah I'll be nervous every time he drops back, but if Chip's science and prevention stuff is that sweet, then we may have a serious contender in a season or two.

Also, the Eagles also had one of top OL's in the league last year, our idiot QB just liked giving the ball away. Nick Foles will be terrible in STL lol. He just doesn't have "it" sloppy footwork, awful field vision, and when you combine those, the turnovers come. Fast.

Lastly, Eagles won 10 games last season with possibly the worst starting CBs in the NFL, two different QBs, and lost each of their starting Middle Linebackers during the season. There's a lot to look forward to.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 07-13-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 01:10 AM   #42
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013

Injury histoy, #1 offensive line, and the QBs are all going to be non-factors in Madden lol.

In real life there's a ton exciting about their secondary. Byron Maxwell has a chance to be a terrific player and a #1 CB in this league. Malcolm Jenkins has been solid for us. Eric Rowe is a young, versatile, long CB who can also be physical at the line, they have 3 ex-seahawks in that secondary who will give insight on the system.

Their front 7 is going to be very good next year, especially with a healthy Kiko Alonso who made a huge for defensive ROY and then tore his ACL.

Sam Bradford was a #1 overall pick and rookie of the year with possibly the worst support system I've ever seen. He is a very accurate, strong QB whi still has a ton of upside. If Chip can keep him healthy, and upright, this will be a genius move by Philly.

Everyone knows there are injury questions with this team, I'm not over-looking that, but none of that matters in Madden.

In real life, yeah I'll be nervous every time he drops back, but if Chip's science and prevention stuff is that sweet, then we may have a serious contender in a season or two.

Also, the Eagles also had one of top OL's in the league last year, our idiot QB just liked giving the ball away. Nick Foles will be terrible in STL lol. He just doesn't have "it" sloppy footwork, awful field vision, and when you combine those, the turnovers come. Fast.

Lastly, Eagles won 10 games last season with possibly the worst starting CBs in the NFL, two different QBs, and lost each of their starting Middle Linebackers during the season. There's a lot to look forward to.
You can have 12 ex Seahawks but unless their names are Kam, Earl or Richard it's not going to matter. Those are the LOB, the rest are just second and third tier guys whose errors are hidden because of the great play of those guys. Maxwell could be a solid #2 in this league but he will never be a shutdown CB. You actually had decent CB's last year just a defensive scheme that didn't fit any of them. Fletcher is a lot better than he played last year and is probably equally talented as Maxwell, was just a horrible fit.

Funny two years ago Nick Foles was the next Joe Montana to Eagles fans now he is terrible. Do you really think Sam Bradford is going to be any better? He has never stayed healthy. The Eagles needed a real starting QB not has beens and backups. That is what they have been missing all along is an heir to McNabb's throne. They should have given away the farm to land Mariotta.

You guys won 10 games but also lost half your starting offense that helped you win those 10 games. Also the Cowboys and Giants got a lot better in Free Agency and the Draft. I see the Eagles as an 8 win team in real life.

But again in a video game most of your pickups will be wildly overrated and they should be a 10-11 win team.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:15 AM   #43
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Surprised the Eagles aren't on this list. Best backfield in the league, (DeMarco Murray, Darren Sproles, Ryan Matthews)

Their WRs are young and going to be very highly rated with Chip Kelly. (Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agolar, Josh Huff, throw Zach Ertz in there.)

Their OL needs 2 pieces, if OL matters in madden. Very athletic
(Jason Peters, Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson)

Their secondary will be fun again.
(Byron Maxwell, Malcolm Jenkins, Walter Thurmond, Nolan Carrol/rookie Eric Rowe)

Their Front 7 will be good wether you do 3-4 or 4-3
(Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, Thornton, Connor Barwin, with OLB Mychal Kendricks, ILB Kiko Alonso, OLB DeMeco Ryans /// OLB Graham, MLB 2 of any of the 3 named, OLB Barwin, Cox, Thornton, and Bennie Logan.

And you'll have a fun QB battle with Bradford, Sanchez, and TeBow. I can't wait for Bradford to shine in this offense, gonna be a top10 QB this season IF healthy. His arm strength and accuracy is way underrated in Madden.

Very Young team.
Rams fans have been hoping for the same thing with Bradford.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:

I can tell you right now, given by the previous history of madden Byron maxwell is going to get abused. Demarco Murry, RYan Matthews carry top much cap for just a running back so that's another reason why I wouldn't use them. Third, the first season with them would suck a lot because their wide receivers still have to be developed. One reason why I would use them is because of their young d-line but the negatives out way the positives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #45
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You can have 12 ex Seahawks but unless their names are Kam, Earl or Richard it's not going to matter. Those are the LOB, the rest are just second and third tier guys whose errors are hidden because of the great play of those guys. Maxwell could be a solid #2 in this league but he will never be a shutdown CB. You actually had decent CB's last year just a defensive scheme that didn't fit any of them. Fletcher is a lot better than he played last year and is probably equally talented as Maxwell, was just a horrible fit.

Funny two years ago Nick Foles was the next Joe Montana to Eagles fans now he is terrible. Do you really think Sam Bradford is going to be any better? He has never stayed healthy. The Eagles needed a real starting QB not has beens and backups. That is what they have been missing all along is an heir to McNabb's throne. They should have given away the farm to land Mariotta.

You guys won 10 games but also lost half your starting offense that helped you win those 10 games. Also the Cowboys and Giants got a lot better in Free Agency and the Draft. I see the Eagles as an 8 win team in real life.

But again in a video game most of your pickups will be wildly overrated and they should be a 10-11 win team.
I'm not sure when I said the Eagles are a 16-0 best team in the league. They have a good Madden roster, and will be very interesting in real life for all of the big moves.

Give away the land for Mariota? I don't think they'll give away the land for anyone, they'll end up like Washington and RGKnee. Not worth the risk.

The NFC East has always been competitive, I'm glad they've improved. We split games with both teams last year with the worst secondary in the league lol. I think they'll take a step forward in that department next year.

They lost 4 starters, not half of them.. Maclin, Evans, McCoy, and Herremans. I live Todd H, but he had a pretty bad season last year, and was an expected cut.

Evan Mathis was good with us, but apparently held the line back. According to Tra Thomas. But again OL hardly matters in Madden.

Agholor will have sinlar physicals to Maclin, and DeMarco Murray will be rated very highly in Madden as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
Rams fans have been hoping for the same thing with Bradford.
I think it will help Bradford to be in the shotgun almost exclusively, have a top 2 tackle to protect his blindside, and also a very strong running game. Also, Chip Kelly will have a plan for him to get rid of the ball quickly, and design plays for YAC situations for his WRs. Also Zach Ertz and Sproles may be good safety blankets for Bradford. Hl

He can stay healthy, but its unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgriffin10
I can tell you right now, given by the previous history of madden Byron maxwell is going to get abused. Demarco Murry, RYan Matthews carry top much cap for just a running back so that's another reason why I wouldn't use them. Third, the first season with them would suck a lot because their wide receivers still have to be developed. One reason why I would use them is because of their young d-line but the negatives out way the positives.

I think Madden will give Maxwell a high press rating, and good zone ratings. Depending on your scheme that could be perfect, especially with the new interaction systems, it might help to have bigger CBs out there.

For Just a Runningback? That doesn't make to much sense to me for some reason. There's two running backs, at a total of right under 11m / season. Adrian Peterson I think averages about 14m/ season by himself, Marshaen Lynch is making 12m this season by himself. Both of them are 30+ DeMarco Murray are each 27 yo, making together, the amount of one starting back. So you have two RBs, in Madden injury history barely matters, for the price of one Superstar. Also, Murray will be rated among top 2-3, RBs in Madden. So it's not like he'll be a 79 overall or 83 speed lol. People who enjoy running the ball, using depth, and doing a ground and pound will have a ball with this team lol. A lot of people are going to have Sproles in the slot I bet online, which adds another offensive weapon, not many teams have that much going for them.

We don't know their WRs attributes yet. There's a very real chance that Madden highly rates Agholor since he was a first round pick. Also, Jordan Matthews has the size to pull off some of these aggressive catches, as well as Zach Ertz.

Haters gonna Hate

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 07-14-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure when I said the Eagles are a 16-0 best team in the league. They have a good Madden roster, and will be very interesting in real life for all of the big moves.

Give away the land for Mariota? I don't think they'll give away the land for anyone, they'll end up like Washington and RGKnee. Not worth the risk.

The NFC East has always been competitive, I'm glad they've improved. We split games with both teams last year with the worst secondary in the league lol. I think they'll take a step forward in that department next year.

They lost 4 starters, not half of them.. Maclin, Evans, McCoy, and Herremans. I live Todd H, but he had a pretty bad season last year, and was an expected cut.

Evan Mathis was good with us, but apparently held the line back. According to Tra Thomas. But again OL hardly matters in Madden.

Agholor will have sinlar physicals to Maclin, and DeMarco Murray will be rated very highly in Madden as well.

I think it will help Bradford to be in the shotgun almost exclusively, have a top 2 tackle to protect his blindside, and also a very strong running game. Also, Chip Kelly will have a plan for him to get rid of the ball quickly, and design plays for YAC situations for his WRs. Also Zach Ertz and Sproles may be good safety blankets for Bradford. Hl

He can stay healthy, but its unlikely.

I think Madden will give Maxwell a high press rating, and good zone ratings. Depending on your scheme that could be perfect, especially with the new interaction systems, it might help to have bigger CBs out there.

For Just a Runningback? That doesn't make to much sense to me for some reason. There's two running backs, at a total of right under 11m / season. Adrian Peterson I think averages about 14m/ season by himself, Marshaen Lynch is making 12m this season by himself. Both of them are 30+ DeMarco Murray are each 27 yo, making together, the amount of one starting back. So you have two RBs, in Madden injury history barely matters, for the price of one Superstar. Also, Murray will be rated among top 2-3, RBs in Madden. So it's not like he'll be a 79 overall or 83 speed lol. People who enjoy running the ball, using depth, and doing a ground and pound will have a ball with this team lol. A lot of people are going to have Sproles in the slot I bet online, which adds another offensive weapon, not many teams have that much going for them.

We don't know their WRs attributes yet. There's a very real chance that Madden highly rates Agholor since he was a first round pick. Also, Jordan Matthews has the size to pull off some of these aggressive catches, as well as Zach Ertz.

Haters gonna Hate
Madden is well known for free agents being idiots. I would never choose a team with running backs making 11m or over. In madden 15 I got Demarco for 7mil a year.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:38 PM   #47
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgriffin10
Madden is well known for free agents being idiots. I would never choose a team with running backs making 11m or over. In madden 15 I got Demarco for 7mil a year.

So you got Murray for 7m a year, but he went to the Eagles for 8m/year... I don't understand the issue lol.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
So you got Murray for 7m a year, but he went to the Eagles for 8m/year... I don't understand the issue lol.
Now I think about it I no doubt got him for alot cheaper. Because if I remember correctly no one bid on him so on the last free agent week I lowbid on him. It wasn't anywhere under 4mil. But what I'm saying is that Murray is already 27 and Matthews is injury prone. Your quarterback is injury prone, your receivers are all average. If the question was restated to, which team would you want to develop in madden, I think the Eagles would be in my top 5. But if I'm in a competitive franchise where I'm trying to win the Superbowl every year, the Eagles would not be in my top 10. Byron maxwell won't be higher than 86 I can promise you that. I'm pretty sure your other corner is a rookie. You will get abused.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »