Home

Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #25
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
At the very beginning of the blog it mentions this is just the beginning for CFM. Kolbe has a lot of things planned for the future. This year CFM seems to be, based on what we've seen so far, a necessary overhaul in ui and tuning to try to lay a much better foundation for CFM in the future. I'm a little disappointed so far too, but I want them to make sure things are done properly first before they add a bunch of new stuff.
JP, not trying to call you out, but I have seen posts of yours saying that in essence Madden 16 was going to turn a lot of heads this year. Were you stating that just based on gameplay alone or were you stating that on the total package of the game? Just wondering considering the status of CFM that they just unveiled and you stating that you are disappointed so far. It just seems conflicting to me and I would appreciate some clarification. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 10:42 AM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
JP, not trying to call you out, but I have seen posts of yours saying that in essence Madden 16 was going to turn a lot of heads this year. Were you stating that just based on gameplay alone or were you stating that on the total package of the game? Just wondering considering the status of CFM that they just unveiled and you stating that you are disappointed so far. It just seems conflicting to me and I would appreciate some clarification. Thank you.
I'm looking forward to what they announce for gameplay.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #27
MVP

Why does it seem like it's always "wait til next year" with Madden? I mean fair or unfair I don't seem to get that from any other yearly sports game that I play. I'm just saying that whole narrative is getting very old year after year.....
Old 05-30-2015, 11:23 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
I'm looking forward to what they announce for gameplay.
Great! Gameplay is where it is at in the end.

Now, if we could just get some sort of yay or nay that there will be a way to port rosters from this year's game into 16...man...that would save many of us hundreds of hours work! It is an easy concept and an easy implementation...I have my fingers and toes crossed.

C
Old 05-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
At the very beginning of the blog it mentions this is just the beginning for CFM. Kolbe has a lot of things planned for the future. This year CFM seems to be, based on what we've seen so far, a necessary overhaul in ui and tuning to try to lay a much better foundation for CFM in the future. I'm a little disappointed so far too, but I want them to make sure things are done properly first before they add a bunch of new stuff.
This has been the defense of Madden for years though. Why did the mode require a necessary UI overhaul so soon since its inclusion? Back when it was introduced as connected careers it was sold as the foundation to build off of, but now they are seemingly back to needing to improve the foundation?

I've done this dance for too long.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #30
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
This has been the defense of Madden for years though. Why did the mode require a necessary UI overhaul so soon since its inclusion? Back when it was introduced as connected careers it was sold as the foundation to build off of, but now they are seemingly back to needing to improve the foundation?

I've done this dance for too long.
This is a solid argument; I generally feel the same; though I am hopefull that gameplay adjustments will trump everything for M16.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #31
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Sounds like EA's infamous 3 year plan. 😡
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 12:40 PM   #32
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Based on this podcast, the old UI was clunky and quite daunting for anyone who had never played CFM to the point of scaring people away. They want to get more people playing CFM, and making it easier and less intimidating to navigate and streamlining how to do the most important actions is one important way to accomplish this goal.

I had problems with the old UI as well in that it made finding actionable information very difficult. Among the things that were present in CFM last year, the UI was actually one of my biggest gripes (it's my contention that most roster management interfaces for all team sports games have a lot of room for improvement, but that's neither here nor there).

That they improved it will help anyone playing the mode get in and out of games faster, manage their roster faster, draft faster, and ultimately get more games into a CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »