Home

can I just have a season mode in Madden 16...please!!

This is a discussion on can I just have a season mode in Madden 16...please!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #25
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: can I just have a season mode in Madden 16...please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be one of those guys that says "I don't play the game the way you do, so they shouldn't add the stuff that you like." Because you're right, it shouldn't be hard at all to add a season mode, and if people want it, it should be added.

But I more so agree with the above poster that the express lane analogy is flawed. It doesn't take any longer to simply play a season in CFM than it would take to play a season in season mode if they added it.
Yeah, probably a bad analogy. Basically for those of us that just want to play through a season, that 5 minutes it takes to get started is kind of annoying. As is the 15 or 30 seconds (or however long it is) between weeks as the CPU sims. Also, the menu screens are cluttered with draft stories and other things that to us are irrelevant. Certainly not the end of the world....but a request I will continue to make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

In NCAA, there was a large difference in how easy and fast season mode was compared to Dynasty mode. I don't think people get how much bloat there really is in CFM. It may be worth if you like those features, but it sucks if you are looking for a streamlined season mode.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #27
Rookie

Illcat's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
In NCAA, there was a large difference in how easy and fast season mode was compared to Dynasty mode. I don't think people get how much bloat there really is in CFM. It may be worth if you like those features, but it sucks if you are looking for a streamlined season mode.
You the preacher, me the choir...
Old 06-05-2015, 01:13 PM   #28

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Not the same, cant choose your own teams.

You will be able to this year with the sim a win option.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #29
Just started!

Absolutely. I say this a lot and guys just don't seem to get it. They say "just use connected franchise mode and play as a coach" or whatever.
In the old season mode, you could control every teams roster, play any teams games that you want to play, etc...
You could play every game of the season for every team if you liked.
In connected franchise mode, you are locked into being one team, controlling one team, playing games for one team...
And it has been like that for a few years now. It is a very basic mode that has been around since versions on the original PS. But with all this new technology, innovation, memory, realism, etc... On PS3 you can't. And now on PS4 you can't?
That is pretty absurd.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #30
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmids1975
Absolutely. I say this a lot and guys just don't seem to get it. They say "just use connected franchise mode and play as a coach" or whatever.
In the old season mode, you could control every teams roster, play any teams games that you want to play, etc...
You could play every game of the season for every team if you liked.
In connected franchise mode, you are locked into being one team, controlling one team, playing games for one team...
And it has been like that for a few years now. It is a very basic mode that has been around since versions on the original PS. But with all this new technology, innovation, memory, realism, etc... On PS3 you can't. And now on PS4 you can't?
That is pretty absurd.
It's been said a number of times... Why don't you just control all 32 teams and play all of their games? You can do this in CFM. There is no advantage to creating a whole new mode when you can already do everything you're talking about in CFM the way it is set up now. As far as load times, those have been addressed this year in CFM as a whole so I don't think that is going to be the issue that it has been the last couple years.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:39 AM   #31
Pro

Trick13's Arena

I am not sure, but can you not get all 32 teams down to 53 man rosters before beginning a CFM???

Then just control all 32 teams, set it up one time where you make sure injuries are off, all CPU input is off, then SIM the preseason, then make a master save that you do not save over, then you can play "season" mode over and over and over...

No???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Isn't it hard to set up controlling all 32 teams ? Like having to create 32 profiles or something ? I wish season mode like the old days was in the newer versions also !!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »