Home

New Madden NFL 16 Screenshot - Sam Shields vs. Megatron

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 16 Screenshot - Sam Shields vs. Megatron within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 16 Screenshot - Sam Shields vs. Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Yup gloves and cleats in the game are still from around 2008. The gloves are actually still reebok gloves. Also talking about missing equipment such as mouthpieces and single arm sleeves.
Yeah, some day we will get untucked jerseys, unbuckled chinstraps, and proper equipment. Until we get that stuff, they cant make much more progress toward realistic, gritty-looking players.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #10
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
When you say equipment, what do you mean? I hear a lot of people say that, but I'm not sure what it references? Are you saying that you're aware of gloves or shoes that aren't in the game? The only thing I can immediately think of that they seem to refuse to implement is mouthpieces.
Yeah, they don't have any Nike gloves in the game at all and some in the game are as old as around 2003. The cleats are all old too and we still haven't gotten the team color ones from the M13 blog. And a lot of the face mask proportions are off as well.

As for the screenshot, it looks good. Definitely looks like something I never saw in M15. I remember when I was trying to replicate the M16 screenshots in M15 I couldn't even get my receiver to leave his feet and I don't think they ever looked back for the ball until it was right on top of them. This looks like a precursor to a potentially really nice animation but it's just a screenshot. The one thing I hope for when it comes to these animations and playouts is that there is multiple outcomes for each. I don't want to see this animation coming and know my guy is going to lose every time. All about looking good and being organic. Excited for E3.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Always tough/unfair to critique a screenshot, but it would be so much better if Shields had his right hand on Megatron.

There looks to be no contact, i.e. jousting, going on between them.
It's a screenshot, and they aren't going to risk spoiling anything with E3 two days from now. You can do the same thing with a real picture of these two, just find one that happens to be before contact is made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #12
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's a screenshot, and they aren't going to risk spoiling anything with E3 two days from now. You can do the same thing with a real picture of these two, just find one that happens to be before contact is made.
Speeding up the scenario a solid second to see a hand on a shoulder or arm spoils what they already told us and we've already seen in the trailer?
Old 06-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #13
Banned

Still bad graphics in a dome, what is the cameraman on the right looking at? Hopefully the gameplay is amazing.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:00 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Still bad graphics in a dome, what is the cameraman on the right looking at? Hopefully the gameplay is amazing.
Not in a dome. And he's probably taking an action shot of A-A-RON!
Old 06-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Not in a dome. And he's probably taking an action shot of A-A-RON!
Either in a dome or night game, why does the pic look dim?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 07:13 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It would not spoil anything. If anything it would get us more excited to see it in action.

On the other hand, I'm not getting excited over what appears to be a screenshot of two guys in separate animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »