Home

Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions

It all happened on one glorious looking play. The pocket collapsed from Bridgewater's left side, and with nobody open, he rolled to his right. He has Rudolph open with a little room to spare on the sideline, but the entire defense is swinging back around. Bridgewater fires it, and what normally would have been an easy throw and catch became a fight for the ball. Rudolph moved inward, laying flat-out for the football, but an opposing defender swooped in and knocked it to the ground before the ball could even reach Rudolph's finger-tips.

This play isn't something that's unusual in the realm of NFL football, but it's definitely not something you see every day in Madden. The gameplay has the potential - though it doesn't always reach this potential - to be smooth and realistic looking.

Read More - Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
I became confused by the comment that QB's still rifle where the ball needs to be vs QB's now will avoid the sack and throw the ball away.

Hopefully, that initial comment meant that human QB was still too effective, which can be toned down with sliders.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
" It isn't the gang-tackling of old (seeing seven to eight players pile up is a rarity), but rather a dynamic system in which can actually prevent extra yardage from the ball carrier's side"

Does this mean an end to the falling forward animation? I understand it happens (especially for the Alfred Morris and Lynch types), but the player doesn't even budge when they enter this animation.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

It all happened on one glorious looking play. The pocket collapsed from Bridgewater's left side, and with nobody open, he rolled to his right. He has Rudolph open with a little room to spare on the sideline, but the entire defense is swinging back around. Bridgewater fires it, and what normally would have been an easy throw and catch became a fight for the ball. Rudolph moved inward, laying flat-out for the football, but an opposing defender swooped in and knocked it to the ground before the ball could even reach Rudolph's finger-tips.

This play isn't something that's unusual in the realm of NFL football, but it's definitely not something you see every day in Madden. The gameplay has the potential - though it doesn't always reach this potential - to be smooth and realistic looking.

Read More - Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions
Are these impressions from E3 or a more recent play test? When you say the players on the sidelines look a lot better, what do you mean by that?
Old 07-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #5
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
A theme to this year's game seemed to be that Tiburon has no intention of players having to use house rules to restrict their games. The CPU, even on moderate difficulty levels, provides more of a challenge than before.

Awesome...I love hearing that as an offline guy. Hopefully this continues to be a theme and they can keep making the CPU smarter/more challenging as we go on.

The bit on the QB accuracy was definitely a bummer. They really need to fix that. I'm hoping the top 2 items that they focus on for gameplay next year are a new passing system that allows for inaccurate passes and a new system for OL/DL interactions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
I am really encouraged to hear there is a focus on eliminating money plays. This has pretty much been my major gripe of every video football game that I have ever played (And I go back to Atari). I don't use money plays, nor the plays that never seem to work which often leaves a narrow set of plays that I will use. So it would be great to open up the playbook and add some variety.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #7
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
this game look like good game. i expect Madden NFL 17 will be great game. Madden 17 need add weekly wrap up for CFM and halftime report if Madden 16 don't add those things for presentation.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:30 AM   #8
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
Awesome...I love hearing that as an offline guy. Hopefully this continues to be a theme and they can keep making the CPU smarter/more challenging as we go on.

The bit on the QB accuracy was definitely a bummer. They really need to fix that. I'm hoping the top 2 items that they focus on for gameplay next year are a new passing system that allows for inaccurate passes and a new system for OL/DL interactions.
I'll have to hear more about this because in my experience it depended on which QB the CPU was and what their ratings were. Peyton manning was lights out but I thought I remembered Tannehill, Cutler, and even Ben R to a degree all struggling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »