Home

600 New Plays Added to Madden 16

This is a discussion on 600 New Plays Added to Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: 600 New Plays Added to Madden 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Apparently the dev team has added new plays

http://stickskills.com/2015/07/01/60...madden-nfl-16/
This should not be taken as 600 literal new plays. I've seen the playbook I used last year in a video and all they have done is taken some of those same old plays and labeled them as shot plays. There might be SOME new but I'd venture to say that a lot of the shot plays are old plays that were already in the game but now are just labeled shot plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #26
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
This should not be taken as 600 literal new plays. I've seen the playbook I used last year in a video and all they have done is taken some of those same old plays and labeled them as shot plays. There might be SOME new but I'd venture to say that a lot of the shot plays are old plays that were already in the game but now are just labeled shot plays.
PA Four Verticals is an example of this, among others. I also saw others but the play names elude me at the moment.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 07-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Im really expecting a lot of the 600 are recycled plays. Shot plays? ya, i can do that in m15, but nobody would do that anyway. Im pretty sure a small amount of people would actually use a shot play consistently if ever, TE and RB blocking? people always want that TE going into routes. People will try this just to try and stop using it.

How about just make new plays.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #28
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Yeah, I just posted what the article said. I have no doubt that some, if not most, of those plays are recycled plays. Even the guy writing the article said he hopes they are actually new plays lol. I'm pretty sure no one actually believes that 600 NEW plays were added, but I'm guessing that's what this guy was told by EA so that's what he's saying.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

I'm sure a ton of them are just tweaked but if you're adding 600 to what already exists that's just inevitable. If it adds variety I'm all for it.

I hope they managed to copy over the NCAA build-a-playbook UI.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #30
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Don't forget the fact that they probably added the same play with different names in each playbook.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #31
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah but how many of those plays, if any, went to the defensive side of the ball? And did they finally fix the alignments (probably wrong thread to be asking)?

Good info, but where's the detail? Where's the beef? I'd love to have access to 1,000 play playbook, but come on, nobody really buys that's what's coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #32
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Actually, in real life, if you have a screen called and the defense looks ready to counter it, the quarterback checks out of it (which isn't much different than calling a hot route) so you aren't quite correct.
Or they have something packaged to the screen like Y Cross or stick. I've been waiting for packaged plays for years.....I have a feeling when they finally get around to them it'll break the game though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »