Home

Madden 16 CFM Hands On Impressions by Virtual Sports Network

This is a discussion on Madden 16 CFM Hands On Impressions by Virtual Sports Network within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 02:33 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 16 CFM Hands On Impressions by Virtual Sports Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Not sure how this would apply to Madden since it was already accomplished in NCAA. I get it, two different games and none of us really know what is going on under the hood, but your idea that our game is the only one being played at the time was the same as NCAA.

In NCAA I could play any game on the schedule, have studio updates during that game, finish it, save the dynasty, come back and play my dynasty team's game with studio updates, and it worked fine.
In NCAA, you could not control more than one time in offline dynasty... this is what he is referring to (I assume)

If you control more than one team in a CFM then there is a chance that schedules conflict.... But as some others have mentioned, you could go the MLB The Show way and just show said game as an upcoming game even though it should be underway at the same time; probably just show some season stats from each time instead of the scores?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 02:39 AM   #42
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
The reason I don't think the live score ticker will be in Madden any time soon is because they'd need to restructure CFM completely. As it is in Madden 15 CFM, the games aren't happening at the same time. Your game is the only game being played at any given moment, and once you're finished and want to sim to the next week, all of the other games have to sim before proceeding.

It's a double-edged sword for those wanting 32 team control AND a live score ticker, since I don't see how they can be compatible if you want to play different teams' games each week. All in all though, they need to figure out a way to include some semblance of a score ticker, even if it's just actual live NFL scores or real time news.
I think the biggest issue is that it doesn't simulate the other games until after you've played yours. It worked perfectly fine in Madden 2004, the only issue was the games didn't go at the same pace as yours so when they showed the scores, they were always behind where yours was even if they started at the same time. That does present a problem though like you mentioned with the 32-team control but that gives another incentive to provide an alternative to needing 32 profiles for it to work. In Madden 2004-ish, you'd go to the game week and it would have all the games you wanted to play checked and if they were unchecked it would simulate it when you started a game you wanted to play. Everything back then was so unbelievably smooth and sound from a menus and control stand point, it was great.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:48 AM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think the biggest issue is that it doesn't simulate the other games until after you've played yours. It worked perfectly fine in Madden 2004, the only issue was the games didn't go at the same pace as yours so when they showed the scores, they were always behind where yours was even if they started at the same time. That does present a problem though like you mentioned with the 32-team control but that gives another incentive to provide an alternative to needing 32 profiles for it to work. In Madden 2004-ish, you'd go to the game week and it would have all the games you wanted to play checked and if they were unchecked it would simulate it when you started a game you wanted to play. Everything back then was so unbelievably smooth and sound from a menus and control stand point, it was great.
YES!
The ability to control multiple teams with just one profile would also eliminate the hassle of having to switch profiles every time you want to make a roster move or sign a free agent.

I reckon this is not the type of detail gamechangers check for in their limited testing time with CFM, but I really hope this small change was implemented.... Especially since the whole focus for this cycle seems to have been..... accessibility and making the mode easier to navigate.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:10 AM   #44
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
YES!
The ability to control multiple teams with just one profile would also eliminate the hassle of having to switch profiles every time you want to make a roster move or sign a free agent.

I reckon this is not the type of detail gamechangers check for in their limited testing time with CFM, but I really hope this small change was implemented.... Especially since the whole focus for this cycle seems to have been..... accessibility and making the mode easier to navigate.
Agreed. It should just be an option at the beginning when you're choosing your player/coach/owner. Some sort of god mode that just lets you control absolutely everything. The only problem I foresee with that is it would completely destroy the current UI and there would be a need for an entirely separate interface to account for everything being handled within one profile.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:40 AM   #45
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Agreed. It should just be an option at the beginning when you're choosing your player/coach/owner. Some sort of god mode that just lets you control absolutely everything. The only problem I foresee with that is it would completely destroy the current UI and there would be a need for an entirely separate interface to account for everything being handled within one profile.
Unless one of the tabs was NFL, instead of one specific team...sort of like the stats toggle screen works. You could cycle through all the teams individually or just the entire NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 07:19 AM   #46
Pro

Quote:
I don't know the technicalities but I don't think it would work much differently than what it was in M12, where you could control everything without changing profiles but every time you made a move the "profile tab" was automatically moved to the team you made a move for.

IE:

Current profile: Gus Bradley HC_Jaguars

Sign FA for Redskins....

Profile switches automatically to: Jay Gruden HC_Redskins

This would not intervene with their current XP per character setup, basically the game would just do the switch automatically for us.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:33 AM   #47
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

I think cfm is moving in the right direction just going to be a process. What I would also like to be added besides coordinators and a ticker would be player personalities. When it comes to free agency in madden 15 there is none. The user can not see the stats of the year and the cpu does not sign well based on personal on their team. Players should holdout for better contacts, request trades, if a player is placed on the trading block they should complain to the media and their stats should be affected. MADDEN 05 HAD THIS. So we deserve better.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:08 AM   #48
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I don't know the technicalities but I don't think it would work much differently than what it was in M12, where you could control everything without changing profiles but every time you made a move the "profile tab" was automatically moved to the team you made a move for.

IE:

Current profile: Gus Bradley HC_Jaguars

Sign FA for Redskins....

Profile switches automatically to: Jay Gruden HC_Redskins

This would not intervene with their current XP per character setup, basically the game would just do the switch automatically for us.
Yeah, I just wonder how easy it would be to do all that especially with how long it took (and could still take) in switching profiles. And then also in just how the main hub is set-up. It's only designed for control of one team. With as many items as there is each week and then multiplied by 32 teams, you're looking at a potential mess. If they could find a way to consolidate it into the same weekly tasks and just basically make it so that you can do everything from the one profile just by switching within the given tasks like it used to be, then it would be a godsend. I probably spent more time changing profiles in between weeks last year than I did actually playing the game. There is a precedent for it as well as when you're doing the draft there is no need to switch profiles and it runs extremely smooth. Hopefully that gets expanded upon with all these UI and accessibility improvements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »