Home

Madden NFL 16 NFC North Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 NFC North Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2015, 05:48 AM   #57
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 NFC North Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings

team rankings are about right. vikes could be rated a little closer to the lions though. those two will fight it out for 2nd place and a wild card spot. hell, sporting news yearbook has vikes in 2nd at 8-8, ahead of lions 7-9
Old 08-10-2015, 07:32 AM   #58
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysworld26
Lacy won Rookie of the Year and has posted 1,178 rushing yards + 257 receiving and 11 touchdowns in 2013. Then he had 1,139 rushing + 427 receiving and 13 touchdowns in 2014 (which if you followed Packers he was used lightly for half the year and didn't get more than 15 touches a game to keep him healthy and ready for playoffs.) He posted better #s his 2nd year on limited playing time and was 4th in broken tackles. He had 36 missed tackles in 2013 and 51 in 2014 almost double. If lacy was Green Bays offense alone his #s would be triple this. I hate when people are ignorant, he deserved his rating.
Not sure what your trying to argue? I never said anything bad about Lacys rating in my post at all?

Only thing I said is Adrian is the better back until proven he is not due to him earning that through his play. I don't see why your so against that idea?

Lacy has Aaron Rodgers as his QB. While Lacy is a great back that fits the system well, his QB helps him tremendously.

Adrian has done almost all his damage with McNabb, Ponder, Joe Webb and Cassel as his QB's. 9 to 10 men in the box almost all the time. There were the years with Favre and this year hopefully a good and improved Teddy as his QBs but they were far and in between. The man almost broke the single season rushing record, broke multiple Vikings record, holds the record for most yards in a game.

I'm sorry there's just no contest between the two as of now at this point. If/when Adrian starts to show his age and if/when he slows down then this could be a discussion but as of right now it isnt.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 08-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #59
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Dont lump all the Vikings Fans together please. I basically agree with everything you said other than the Bolded. Adrian, until proven otherwise, is a top running back in the league. Forte and Lacy are good but not up to Petersons level. Despite how you feel about him off the field he has earned the right to be called the best on the field until proven otherwise.

Also regarding Bennett and Jeffery's. Neither one have shown anything saying they will do the same thing with Marshall gone. I think thier ratings as of right now are fair. Its a completely different game plan to go up against Marshall, Jeffery's and Bennett together, You cant double them all. Now that Marshall is gone they can start doubling Jeffery's and keying on Bennett.

I want to clarify I am in no way saying that they are not great players, just thier rating are fair for now until they can show that they are just as much as a threat with out Marshall as they were with him.

TOTALLY agree with what you said. I just thought those two would have just a tad bit higher rating than what they got but also I'm a little biased lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #60
Rookie

Twinkie12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
When the hell did the Vikings fans get to the party? Jesus H. The way they talk about their team would make one think they've won the division the last 7 years in a row and not cellar dwellers.

I'm a Bears fan but I also live in reality land. Not fantasy land.

Your defense isn't better than Green bays, your QB sure as hell Isnt better than GB's, your WR core is 3rd POSSIBLY 4th in the division, your RB is a 30 year old child abuser that's been out of the league for a year, who's also not better than "RIGHT NOW" eddie lacy and hell maybe not even forte.

First preseason game in and you guys are going 10-6 and maybe knocking off the defending division 4 in a row champs lead by all time great AR12 ALL while derailing this thread.

It's time to log off people.

Back on topic. Cutler is overrated at 79. Jeffery and Bennett are underrated. I was expecting Bennett at 92-94 honestly. Was top 3 TE in all of football last year. AJ is a top 5 WR no debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Vikings defense was basically dead last in every category two years ago, but last year Zimmer helped them become middle of the pack. They added Waynes and Kendricks, and guys like Barr, Rhodes, Floyd, Smith and Griffen should all continue to get better. It's very possible they are a top 5-7 defense this year.

OL - I really dont think either are that special. That's actually an area of concern for me on the Vikes.

Even though I hate to say it, the Packers are winning the North and will probably be the best team in the NFC. Rodgers is just too good. Vikings may be able to start competing on that level next year, but this year is all about getting wild card spot.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #61
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

As someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight I would rank the NFC North RB's as follows:

1. AP - still the king until proven otherwise.
2. Forte - One of the most dangerous weapons in the game.
3. Lacy - very good young RB.

Lacy will probably one day surpass both of these guys if he stays healthy. He is very close but not quite there yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Not sure what your trying to argue? I never said anything bad about Lacys rating in my post at all?

Only thing I said is Adrian is the better back until proven he is not due to him earning that through his play. I don't see why your so against that idea?

Lacy has Aaron Rodgers as his QB. While Lacy is a great back that fits the system well, his QB helps him tremendously.

Adrian has done almost all his damage with McNabb, Ponder, Joe Webb and Cassel as his QB's. 9 to 10 men in the box almost all the time. There were the years with Favre and this year hopefully a good and improved Teddy as his QBs but they were far and in between. The man almost broke the single season rushing record, broke multiple Vikings record, holds the record for most yards in a game.

I'm sorry there's just no contest between the two as of now at this point. If/when Adrian starts to show his age and if/when he slows down then this could be a discussion but as of right now it isnt.
You stated Lacy didn't deserve his rating thats my point. I never said peterson wasn't better. Peterson is the closest thing since Barry Sanders, but Lacy has alot of time to rack in stats at Age 25.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:34 AM   #63
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysworld26
You stated Lacy didn't deserve his rating thats my point. I never said peterson wasn't better. Peterson is the closest thing since Barry Sanders, but Lacy has alot of time to rack in stats at Age 25.
I am re-reading my posts and I don't see me saying that Lacy didn't deserve the rating anywhere.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 08-11-2015, 01:39 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
The Lions Weren't a fluke last year. Top 5 defense all season long. Beat the Packers once. Losing Suh won't hurt the Lions as much as everyone thinks. The offense will be improved. If any team could possibly unseat the Packers in the north (not likely) It is the Lions, not the Vikings.....
lol okay. You're right, losing your best player on defense and one of the five best defensive players in the game isn't going to hurt "as much as everyone thinks". How much does "everyone" think it's going to hurt? It will drop them out of the top 5, that's for sure. No Suh or Fairley or even Mosley. Detroit grossly outperformed compared to their talent level. Come back when they go 8-8 this year, okay?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »