Home

Draft classes not scaled right?

This is a discussion on Draft classes not scaled right? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Draft classes not scaled right?

I also know a guy who has the game. Unfortunately I can't post any pics so I know there's no way to prove this but he told me he drafted 2 Wrs simply by looking at their combine 40 times which were each 4.27 and they ended up with 98 speed. Im sure over the next few days you'll hear this from a few more people. Hopefully this can get patched quickly because this can ruin a bunch of CFMs.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:23 AM   #18
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Classes were not scaled properly in years past - particularly DL players - very low BKS, STR, FMV, PRC and then DTs were coming in with 5 or more per class with 80 SPD and higher.

This is why I believe EA should build a draft class editing tool - no names edits or even specific player editing required - but give us control over the min/max settings for each rating for each type of player at each position and then a "scale" for each position.

Something like;

QB - legendary, top heavy but weak after top, deep but no stars, weak sauce, no stars but gems abound, and random

HB, WR, TE, ETC would all have a custom setting and the darn thing would generate players based on user imputed min/max ratings and positional class settings, with an overall draft wide scale - legendary, top heavy,...

I don't care at all about names, or trying to keep up with incoming college players for faux realism - what I do want desperately is to have draft classes that match the physical and intangible scale of the current Madden rosters so not every team has a DL with all 85 spd players after 4 seasons.....
Old 08-12-2015, 02:23 AM   #19
Rookie

JPBeBeast's Arena

Wow if that's real...i hope it's patched immediately.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:40 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

I made a thread about this issue almost a month ago:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncern-cfm.html

Shame that my concern appears to be real. Ugh.

Last edited by Potatoes002; 08-12-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:34 AM   #21
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Easiest fix is to just redo all speed ratings across the board and return them to what they were in M15. No need to make us wait for a patch. Doing it this way is easier and they can fix it by release day with the release day rosters.
Even easier is let us edit ratings in cfm. I like the reduced speeds and would edit the incoming rookies that are making it unbalanced. Best part is EA wouldn't even have to do any work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #22
Rookie

wundrbread33's Arena

OVR: 1

For the sake of argument, I'm sure men entering the league at 20-23 years of age WOULD be faster than most in the league. Young, fresh, and with much less wear and tear.

I think the veteran combine showed just how much speed you can lose in the NFL real fast.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #23
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wundrbread33
For the sake of argument, I'm sure men entering the league at 20-23 years of age WOULD be faster than most in the league. Young, fresh, and with much less wear and tear.

I think the veteran combine showed just how much speed you can lose in the NFL real fast.
I have done a lot of analysis on that, and guys who have been hurt will drop, but on the average, a player with a 15 year career will only drop about a tenth in the 40. I have data to support this. A guy like Donald Driver started out at a 4.45 in 1999 and was only at 4.56 in 2011. These guys don't drop off as much as some would like us to believe.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #24
Rookie

wundrbread33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I have done a lot of analysis on that, and guys who have been hurt will drop, but on the average, a player with a 15 year career will only drop about a tenth in the 40. I have data to support this. A guy like Donald Driver started out at a 4.45 in 1999 and was only at 4.56 in 2011. These guys don't drop off as much as some would like us to believe.
To contrast Donald Driver, Felix Jones ran a 4.47 at the rookie combine, and then at a relatively young age of 27, ran a 4.79 and 4.85.

Certainly a running back would accumulate more wear than a WR, but I see plays straight line speed decrease all the time. What improves are the intangibles, which would allow players to run faster routes, play with better positioning, etc.

Steve Smith, Santana Moss are good examples. They maintained their quickness through the years, but lost straight-line speed. Their route running allowed them to continue to get open, but as the years progressed, I watched Smith get run down from behind much more than he did when he was younger. The explosion just was not the same.

Driver might not be the standard. That is all I am saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »