Home

What is your fav Madden ?

This is a discussion on What is your fav Madden ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #25
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is your fav Madden ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
My favorite is always the latest, I've never played one and then gone back to another.
I always updated as each one got better and better.

But after 2005 I played 2006 and I was not feeling it at all. I know a lot of guys loved the vision cone.....it hurt my eyes. I play with a clean screen.

Stuck with 2005 and then picked up 2007 on PS2. Stuck with that till Madden 2010 on PS3, got 11, got 12 (which I loved at first but then it went really stale for me with a lifeless franchise mode and awful pinball tackling and horrid passing, robo LB in full force etc). 13 for me was a beta.

25 on PS3 was a joy for me.

15 on PS4 has been a joy.

16 will be the best yet IMO.

As far as going back.....I could still pop in Madden 2005 or 2007 on the XBOX (need HD can't play PS2 anymore) and get some nostalgia.....the franchise mode is still the best Madden ever had...but the gameplay is far too dated for me after loving 25 and 15.

M15 PS4 has been great for me. Lot's of fun and getting my $$$'s worth thus far indeed. Madden 25 and Madden 15 has been the first time since M07 I have played Madden year round and up to a new release.

A total 180 degree turn from the dreadful PS3 dark days. I thought Madden was dead to me till M25 turned things around big time.

The new team has really improved the game in a lot of small but important ways. 25, 15 and 16 are making progress and I think the future is truly bright for Madden on this gen of consoles. It has not felt this way (for me at least) since the PS2/XBOX days.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

I agree with everyone saying the PS2-Xbox eras were the best.

I can't even explain what happened.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #27
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Madden 16 will be the best one as an overall game. Extactly 10 years after the best Madden, on old old gen M06

I respect your opinion but 06 was far from the best. I hated that QB vision feature.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #28
Rookie

King Cardinal's Arena

OVR: 1

Madden 15, 08, and 09 are my top 3
Old 08-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #29
Rookie

It's tough seeing as I'm only 23. So when I started playing Madden 2001, I was only what, 8? I remember playing 2004 on the computer for days at a time, and I remember knowing that my favorite part was building the team. Only problem was that the same players got better every year, so there wasn't much randomness. But I'm still proud of myself for understanding how to build a team at the age of 11 lol.

Didn't play 05 as much.

06 I played a lot because San Francisco had just drafted Alex Smith, so rebuilding them was fun. I also loved the vision cone; I don't understand why others don't. Awareness of a quarterback absolutely should make a difference.

07 was fun.

08 I always stripped down my team and traded for young guys. Jamarcus Russell, Adrian Peterson, and Calvin Johnson were great size/speed guys.

09-2013 are all kind of blurred together for me.

So I guess I'd say 04 and 06 were the most fun as far as having total control of a franchise. Obviously game play is much better now. I just wish they fixed things that seem so simple...
Old 08-14-2015, 03:24 PM   #30
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Gameplay aside,it really depends on if you enjoy what CFM gives you compared to the old franchise.I like a more realistic franchise that you can go some years into without every veteran retiring right away or coming out of retirement several times and into their late 40's.

Madden 12 allowed you to do/edit as you pleased.The editor that was made was icing on the cake.I fixed any gameplay flaw with global edits and the coaching schemes really worked.So many things that we don't have now with CFM.

It's all give and take.You won't get everything with any Madden on any console.I think even the ps2 versions are put on a pedestal at this point due to nostalgia and failures and frustration from Madden's and particularly their franchise modes since.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:11 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 17

the Madden with Faulk on the cover.. played that game endlessly. great gameplay and sound track. even have most on the songs on my phone today lol
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #32
Rookie

Firestarter333's Arena

Madden 2004-2007 on ps2/Xbox were the best. I quit buying them on ps3 because they were garbage for quite a few years and were not even worth renting. This year's game looks promising despite the agressive catch looking OP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »