Home

Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

This is a discussion on Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #9
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

Guessing we can't edit rosters either? Any word on that?
Old 08-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #10
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I mean, I knew that it wasn't in Madden 16... but that exchange doesn't make me any hopeful for the addition of custom draft classes in the future.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #11
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
I don't think that's what he was doing, I think he asked a rhetorical question because he knows that 2k has invested into that feature.
I don't think invest is the best term. I honestly don't know how this wouldn't be a weeks worth of coding MAX. A random generator already exists. Also I have to guess they have some sort of editor already made for them to fine tune the generator. Also they have a computer system how they type in ratings for the normal roster. All the tools are there. I think the problem is they don't know how/if they can present it. All their features have been announced in a big timeline as of the past years. This isn't something they can write about, like they can market, "now you can take all the players in college and work around laws to put them in the game" . I think they don't want to add features they can't announce and this is a tough one to announce.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 11:32 AM   #12
Rookie

It's part of the reason I'm bored with madden by October, and enjoy 2K year round despite the fact that I am a much bigger football fan.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #13
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
What strikes me is them not knowing 2k has this? They HAVE to know 2k has had this for a while, he even said. "..we know something is wanted.."
I dont buy that for a second, and no one else should either.

This isnt the first time EA has acted obtuse when challenged about features excluded from the game.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #14
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
I dont buy that for a second, and no one else should either.

This isnt the first time EA has acted obtuse when challenged about features excluded from the game.
Kind of like they were denying all of last year that there was a qb ai/sack problem and now they're saying yeah there was and that they fixed it. Smh
Old 08-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #15
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Guessing we can't edit rosters either? Any word on that?
I seriously doubt it. The two go together. To me, all of this are simple file/file rights operation issues, where we are locked out of the fields where you change height, weight, and appearance. There's no need for 'all time teams', as we can create our own teams by the way of roster sets. To add insult, we can't even import rosters we've already modified, albeit limited, and created players for in M15. I do believe in locking editing for online use, but not for offline franchise or just play now. They added the confidence attribute in 15 and then the penalty attribute this year, so the roster template will have changed. EA may be leaving out because of their perception of a conflict with MUT and/or Jim Brown/NCAA lawsuit type issues. NBA2K trumps those arguments, in my view. I'm also actually surprised that this issue has gotten momentum this year, as it has been a pretty quiet one up until recently.

Last edited by l8knight1; 08-12-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 02:57 PM   #16
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

1) is this news? Like did anyone really expect draft class editing to be in the game?

2) That was a cute little sidestep he attempted pretending like he's never heard of 2K having draft class editing

3) Logically, compare an NBA draft class to an NFL draft class. I know there would be people on OS willing to do it, but that draft class is going to be about 4x larger and far less people are going to be willing to contribute to that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »