Home

Keep posts constructive (Permanent Bans Incoming)

This is a discussion on Keep posts constructive (Permanent Bans Incoming) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 03:49 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Keep posts constructive (Permanent Bans Incoming)

You guys gave me a warning for saying EA could pay me in beer to test the game, so yeah, I'd say you take yourselves a little too seriously sometimes.

Last edited by neume1mb; 08-25-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 04:18 PM   #42
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

We aren't asking people to post constructively. We are telling people they must post constructively or they will no longer have access to the forums here.

This thread is not to discuss your opinion on how mod's here operate. If you ever have issue with how a moderator is conducting themselves or want to dispute an infraction/ban there is a way. Check out the Operation Sports Terms of Service, which every member has access to and is required to follow whether or not they take the time to read it. Also feel free to report posts of moderators if you feel they are questionable. There is a report post button on every single post made. It's up to you to conduct yourself in a civilized way and go the appropriate route. Trying to be funny in public and call out mods is not an example of an appropriate route.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand what you are saying, you are looking at it from a poster POV.

Try to look at it from a developers POV.

Would you want to take your time and search all day and all night(facetious, but trying to make a point) or would you like a nice tidy thread that you can look over at one place, a sticky thread?
I have no problem at all with making it easier on developers to have their own thread and area. I just don't see why both crowds can't be catered to. If there is a thread tell a user to make sure to post it in the bugs/glitches thread but also leave the thread open for users to discuss that individual bug/glitch. In a lot of cases a fix will appear for it and having a thread dedicated to individual bugs and issues users can discuss workarounds or immediately see the fixes instead of it being lost in the bugs/glitches thread where not nearly as much community interaction would occur on that posted bug. There are some great community members out here who go the extra lengths to work around known issues if they see them. That'll keep a clean thread for developers while appeasing the community.

Threads such as the following where a bug can be discussed or someone could point out something the OPs are doing wrong are automatically killed off.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...king-game.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rt-broken.html
But that's not the topic of this thread so sorry for derailing to all.

Last edited by threattonature; 08-25-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:18 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
I have no problem at all with making it easier on developers to have their own thread and area. I just don't see why both crowds can't be catered to. If there is a thread tell a user to make sure to post it in the bugs/glitches thread but also leave the thread open for users to discuss that individual bug/glitch. In a lot of cases a fix will appear for it and having a thread dedicated to individual bugs and issues users can discuss workarounds or immediately see the fixes instead of it being lost in the bugs/glitches thread where not nearly as much community interaction would occur on that posted bug. There are some great community members out here who go the extra lengths to work around known issues if they see them. That'll keep a clean thread for developers while appeasing the community.

Threads such as the following where a bug can be discussed or someone could point out something the OPs are doing wrong are automatically killed off.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...king-game.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rt-broken.html
But that's not the topic of this thread so sorry for derailing to all.
Yep, I get that and understand what you are saying. I think Kehlis described it best below what I posted: At this time of the year, the forum becomes too cluttererd if they allowed every issue to be posted, ie, my game freezes in the 1st half, etc......

I'm sure admin has discussed back and forth the best approach over the years.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:18 PM   #45
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife03
This is the only message board I've ever been on wear anytime I thought about making a post it was gonna be moved and or locked.
Is a (relatively) infrequent reader and poster, I have always found this policy both confusing and inconvenient. Forcing all posts on a general topic (bug reports, for example) into one monstrous thread, rather than letting individual posters ask (and answer) question tailored to the specific individual has, in my experience, made it much more, rather than less, difficult to find answers to questions, updates/workarounds to issues, etc.

Maybe if you had separate sub-forums for the topics, so they would still be easily readable, but do not clutter up the general forum?

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 08-26-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 07:53 AM   #46
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Is it possible to rename this thread "The Purge" or "the fly paper concept"?

I mean the Mods are enforcing rules already in place and guys are coming here specifically to give them a hard time about it
Old 08-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #47
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Is a (relatively) infrequent reader and poster, I have always found this policy both confusing and inconvenient. Forcing all posts on a general topic (bug reports, for example) into one monstrous thread, rather than letting individual posters ask (and answer) question tailored to the specific individual has, in my experience, made it much more, rather than less, difficult to find answers to questions, updates/workarounds to issues, etc.

Maybe if you had separate sub-forums for the topics, so they would still be easily readable, but do not clutter up the general forum?
We've tried the other way before. It doesnt work. It leads to tons of threads cluttering up the forum. The point of this forum is for people to discuss the game. We would prefer that they dont have to navigate past tens of bug threads.

Also, most bugs dont have workarounds and those threads just end up being complaint sections. Also some people would rather not be made aware of bugs that they arent currently aware of. The goal of the bug thread is for devs to be able to go to one place and find information about bugs.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:04 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We've tried the other way before. It doesnt work. It leads to tons of threads cluttering up the forum. The point of this forum is for people to discuss the game. We would prefer that they dont have to navigate past tens of bug threads.

Also, most bugs dont have workarounds and those threads just end up being complaint sections. Also some people would rather not be made aware of bugs that they arent currently aware of. The goal of the bug thread is for devs to be able to go to one place and find information about bugs.
That brings up a question I had. Do we know for sure that the devs come here to look at bug reports? Or is there an official EA site/board where they do frequent to look at what users are reporting? Just want to make sure our issues and bug reports are not falling on deaf ears. Is there a better place to log these?

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »