Home

Game Prep: Are you using it?

This is a discussion on Game Prep: Are you using it? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Game Prep: Are you using it?

I have a house rule that I only can spend the game prep on players which are in their first or second year in the league. Otherwise your young backup players hardly get any XP.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #42
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

I pick 6 players (my coach only has 60pts/wk) to progress all year. Always pick younger players I plan on being around a while and have good measurable's because things like SPD, STR, ACC, AGI cost too much to upgrade.

Example I'm in a Bills franchise right now and I'm upgrading these 6 players:

1) Ronald Darby
2015 2nd round pick, fantastic speed & man coverage attributes, but horrible play recognition. Play recognition is very cheap to upgrade. I'll have him in the high 80's by mid season and focus on his development trait.

2)Preston Brown
2014 3rd round pick, already a decent linebacker, but rather than replace him with a pricey veteran. Like Darby I will just quickly upgrade him to high 80s and then focus on his development trait.

3) Aaron Williams
2nd round pick in 2011, but hes only 25 years old and the Bills signed him to a lucrative contract extension after the 2013 season. He takes up quite a bit of cap room and is only a 79 overall. Luckily he has really good speed for a safety, but his coverage and play recognition aren't good. Rather than cut him and eat cap penalty + spend additional assets to upgrade (high draft pick or more $), I will just use game prep to make him worth the $. He's also a very good player to user.

4) Jerry Hughes
He's already a really good player (87 overall), but I want to make him a center piece moving forward. He's only 26 years old and just got a contract extension. Mario Williams is 30 years old and because of the way players rapidly decline post-30 in this game I will spend a year developing Hughes and probably unload Mario in a season or two before his ratings completely tank.

5) Tyrod Taylor
The dude is already an absolute stud as a Madden QB, is young, and is on a CHEAP contract. My plan is to not upgrade his overall much, but upgrade his development trait. Once I have him to a super star development I will sign him to a favorable long-term deal and turn him into the ultimate madden QB. I'm talking Madden 2004 Micheal Vick ultimate lol.

6) Sammy Watkins
Like Jerry Hughes, Sammy is already a really good player (85 overall). However, I need him to a be center piece. In the last Madden he had a super star development. I was disappointed to see he didn't have a super star development this year. I will use all his xp to get him back to super star status.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #43
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

I use it, and I’m much more a fan this year than in the past as entire rosters could earn 2000 XP from one practice, I like the grind as you have to work day in and out in the NFL to be a great player and maintain that, why have it any different for us if we want to do so.

Using Carolina rookie WR Devin Funchess has all the physical traits good catching, catch in traffic, and spectacular catch, however his route running WAS terrible to begin (60). By Week 17 I had him at 80 route running (17 added via XP & 3 added via confidence) which was a 20 point increase.

I like that he was so slow in and out of breaks he couldn’t be a top two option as he couldn’t create separation, so I moved him to the slot where his size (6’4 225 lbs, w/ 87 release) would allow him to out match smaller nickel backs/LB’s/S’s. I like that we are encouraged to improve players in this manner, it’s far more rewarding when you put in that time, and see other users in the same league who do not and watch their young players struggle with development.

Aside from all that assigning XP takes less than 5 minutes, (I don’t do the drills).

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 10-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 3

i use it all the time and its a great way to build the depth of your team. And people speak of it being a grind, but thats only if a person doesnt have a high dev trait. I have one linemen that gets nearly 300xp per drill.

Im currently working on a linemen i have with great strength and block shedding. He's coming along quite nicely.

I also have this project of a corner back. He was rated 62, but was 6'2 with 94 speed and 92 acc. Ive gotten him up to a 64 by week three with 77 in man and zone respectively. In a season or two after i let my 30 year old premier corner back go he could get into the rotation and do damage with that size.

It's all about the long game
Old 10-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #45
Rookie

althor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
i use it all the time and its a great way to build the depth of your team. And people speak of it being a grind, but thats only if a person doesnt have a high dev trait. I have one linemen that gets nearly 300xp per drill.

Im currently working on a linemen i have with great strength and block shedding. He's coming along quite nicely.

I also have this project of a corner back. He was rated 62, but was 6'2 with 94 speed and 92 acc. Ive gotten him up to a 64 by week three with 77 in man and zone respectively. In a season or two after i let my 30 year old premier corner back go he could get into the rotation and do damage with that size.

It's all about the long game
Yeah the low guys are generally easy to jump up a handful of points. In a lot of cases they need their 38 awr raised (how could they possibly be NFL level and have a 38 awr?) and will gain a lot of overall just from fixing that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 06:01 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 1

I use it to develop certain backups. However, there seems to be an issue that makes upgrading quite confusing. I look at my roster and see WR White has some boosts in catching and route running, for example, catching boosted from 88 to 91. However, when I look to upgrade him, his catching is at 88, same issue for his route running. Thus, there doesn't seem to be any point trying to upgrade his catching or route running. The only thing I can do with his XP is awareness. This doesn't make sense to me that his attributes like catching and route running are different in roster compared to upgrading.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #47
Rookie

althor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I use it to develop certain backups. However, there seems to be an issue that makes upgrading quite confusing. I look at my roster and see WR White has some boosts in catching and route running, for example, catching boosted from 88 to 91. However, when I look to upgrade him, his catching is at 88, same issue for his route running. Thus, there doesn't seem to be any point trying to upgrade his catching or route running. The only thing I can do with his XP is awareness. This doesn't make sense to me that his attributes like catching and route running are different in roster compared to upgrading.
I do believe the bump is confidence bonus. 88 is the actual number, raise it up to 91, with confidence bonus it will be like 93 or so.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't use it because I've heard the cpu controlled teams do the use it, and I don't want to have an unfair advantage over the cpu

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »