Home

Confidence - Are we overthinking it.

This is a discussion on Confidence - Are we overthinking it. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #9
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Confidence - Are we overthinking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I have to disagree. Playing with the Bronwns, trying to do a rebuild, it becomes to easy to win because I can look at the ratings presnap and I have 6 99's on my offense after ratings are inflated, and my lowest overall will be around 85 in my backup RB. Flip over to the defensive side and my entire line becomes 93+, my lbs are all 88+, and my secondary is 95+.

I started a drive off giving up a 50 yard TD pass and my defense all gets 1+ added to their overall because of the drive goal which impacts confidence which inflates ratings. So confidence isn't the only part of the problem, but it is a big part.

It defeats the purpose of doing a rebuild or building a roster full of talent when I can make a bunch of scrubs reach elite status because I rushed for 20 yards before I punted. It becomes pretty hard to lose when out of the game the confidence boosts has my Browns team as an 89 overall and in game that probably jumps up to a 93 or better after a few drives.
I don't find my whole team becoming elite because the confidence boost to ratings. If, for you, it really "becomes pretty hard to lose," why don't you sliders make it harder?
Old 09-23-2015, 10:40 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Sliders aren't the issue. It's the fact that a team that is rated 81 or 82 with the base roster has become an 89 halfway into the season. My sliders produce great gameplay, but when I'm losing 3-10 in the 3rd, but have completed drive goals enough to boost my players to the ratings in my previous post, sliders can't help how easy it is to dominate with a roster that is rated GOAT with the boosts.

When doing an offline cfm that disables drive goals thus making confidence staying reasonable I can hardly muster a fg and am like 1-5. In the online CFM with my buddy where we can't disable drive goals and confidence is out of control I'm 7-1 because like I said, the Browns roster has become an 89 overall already.I'm not even progressing players either which is the sad part.

― Plato
Old 09-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #11
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

to get this straight, this is the CNF attribute that over inflates?

i just finished preseason last night, and went 0-4, and while that may have something to do with it, if CNF is the culprit, i've got nothing close to 90's+.

Online solo cfm too, wonder if they got it tweaked on their end?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 12:03 PM   #12
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue7
Confidence is not the problem, ridiculous drive goals that lead to overinflated confidence is the problem.
Even more specifically, it is the fact that the confidence boosts from drive goals carry from one game to another. If the boosts from drive goals applied for that game only, it would work well.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue7
Confidence is not the problem, ridiculous drive goals that lead to overinflated confidence is the problem.
^This.

Sim games doesnīt have Drive goals. Drive goals are only for played game, so you, as user, have a unfair advantage over the CPU.

To make it more clear.

In the whole game you met 5 drive goals. for example

make a TFL
Get a sack
Have 3 rush att
Force a Turnover
Get 30 pass yds

You end up having to the already confidence system, 5+

Now the Simulated games, they had
TFL
Sack
3rush att
Forced a TO
Get 30yds

And they get none, because CPU teams doesnīt benefit from Drive goals

So just, even if there were no "advantage" that i disagree, itīs already unbalanced.

There are several people who said, hey, the game is challenging on play now but not on CFM. But i donīt want to get into that, if you enjoy the game how it is, good for you, for me is unbalance and need to be fix it on patch or next madden 17.

And by the way there is a Huge thread that is exactly to talk about confidence system. Many opinions there.

Last edited by booker21; 09-23-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes I agree the amount of confidence the players get is very high and driver goals are OP, my major point was that the resulting effects are not as bad.

CJ Anderson has 99 confidence and his OVR is +3 to 88. The main stats increased were trucking and carrying.

No changes to physical attributes (speed, strength etc).

Not seen anyone midgame have mega stats.

The other thing is, the CPU gets big confidence on win streaks as well. I was playing the chargers and their defense was loaded with 90+ confidence. However, it was only 2 maybe 3 stats that had increased. Say Man Coverage and Play Rec on a CB.

But, this is only on SOLO Online CFM, i cannot offer an opinion offline so can only conclude they have tweaked it there and hopefully there is a patch for people who prefer offline CFM
Old 09-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

And by the way there is a Huge thread that is exactly to talk about confidence system. Many opinions there.[/quote]

Apologies, didn't see that about. Happy for Admins to close thread as no point multiple threads etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 01:03 PM   #16
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I played with visual feedback off. So I was not bias by that. And I was able to tell that something was not right. Same as when players had 106 rating. I do agree that on paper it doesn't look as bad. In practice it has been very moo able when players were playing with high confidence. Making feel the game changed difficulty. But again this is how I feel. And I'm glad that some of you can enjoy it the way it is. Personally I can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »