Home

How online players have killed Madden.

This is a discussion on How online players have killed Madden. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 06:19 PM   #9
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How online players have killed Madden.

i never blame the players. i blame the game.

all pro football 2k8 had little to no cheesers at all - mostly due to how realistic the game was. it was hard to cheese

edit: in addition - being able to give the few cheesers a low feedback rating meant you could easily avoid them in the lobby

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 10-17-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:28 AM   #10
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
i never blame the players. i blame the game.

all pro football 2k8 had little to no cheesers at all - mostly due to how realistic the game was. it was hard to cheese

edit: in addition - being able to give the few cheesers a low feedback rating meant you could easily avoid them in the lobby
Is it possible to give OS posters a low feedback rating?
Old 10-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #11
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
Cheezing, exploits, over-usage of hurry up offense with zero consequence all game long, 4th quarter conversions with zero consequences all game long. I don't understand how anyone can play online games with this and not just be fed up. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy a decent online session now.
I know when I run hurry up my players get really tired after a while, their attributes take a huge hit (which you can see by using the coach match-up stick, some guys will have -27spd, -16 release, etc). What do you mean 4th quarter conversions?? Do you mean 4th down and how some players go for it in insane situations like 4th and 25 on their own 10?

I play in a sim league (SFDL) and I'm having a great time, there's no quick snapping allowed, no hurry up abuse allowed, no money play abuse allowed, no stat padding, etc.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

When the game first released, online was an ok experience. Now, it's just not fun at all with the way most people play, especially the higher yo move up in "skill" level.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #13
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

I couldn't agree more with this. Even in my online league with buddies, one of the guys only uses cheese plays. It's so boring when you know your opponent is just going to run four verts over and over. Even if you stop it, the odds are in their favor that it will work at least once. As much as I like this years Madden cheese is still the norm with online play.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #14
Rookie

I agree with this completely. I really enjoy opening packs, building a team and playing mut games, but the cheesy blitzes, 4th down conversions, and glitch plays make it no fun at all
Old 10-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #15
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Youtubers and Twitchers ruined online Madden to some extent.

I'm perfectly fine with people provided guides or tips for players that need it. However, "hey I found this exploit play (PA end around) and here's how you run it" is just wack. Can't tell you how frustrating M25 and M15 was when people exclusively ran pistol bunch counter, strong I, PA fork, Cover 3 sky and blitz safety. Like back to back plays.

Now it comes back to EA. Realistically a defense isn't going to be fooled by the same play literally back to back plays.

I agree with what bleedgreen says though. The problem is people are now esentially being told how to play their game. I think a Sim (with rules) vs a casual match making system would work in all game modes. If you select a sim matchmaking and you get 5 back to back negative feedbacks then your 'banned' for a period of time.

I don't know. It's a fine line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 04:16 PM   #16
Rookie

buffarukus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Youtubers and Twitchers ruined online Madden to some extent.

I'm perfectly fine with people provided guides or tips for players that need it. However, "hey I found this exploit play (PA end around) and here's how you run it" is just wack. Can't tell you how frustrating M25 and M15 was when people exclusively ran pistol bunch counter, strong I, PA fork, Cover 3 sky and blitz safety. Like back to back plays.

Now it comes back to EA. Realistically a defense isn't going to be fooled by the same play literally back to back plays.

I agree with what bleedgreen says though. The problem is people are now esentially being told how to play their game. I think a Sim (with rules) vs a casual match making system would work in all game modes. If you select a sim matchmaking and you get 5 back to back negative feedbacks then your 'banned' for a period of time.

I don't know. It's a fine line.

lil jimmy wants to spam the same cheese play. how bout you use a play twice it is removed from your book and replaced with a random but similar play? can only hot route 1 receiver? running no huddle is penalized more harshly on offensive stats option? fair play? delay on hiking timer ect. jimmy wouldn't touch that game but it makes no difference to me.

its a game so a larger variety of customization can give you what your looking for without limiting any consumers or play styles while giving us the biggest selection of like minded community members.

Last edited by buffarukus; 10-20-2015 at 04:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »