Home

Eluding and Breaking Tackles: Tips, Tricks and Observations

This is a discussion on Eluding and Breaking Tackles: Tips, Tricks and Observations within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2015, 10:04 AM   #33
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Eluding and Breaking Tackles: Tips, Tricks and Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
If you wanted to post some of the jukes and juke spin combinations, I think that would be terrific.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Lasto

I will work on compiling some of these. I wish I could figure out how to post videos from Xbox.com to show in live motion. I cant get on any video sharing sites (youtube) from my computer at work so that is not an option.
More to come!
Old 10-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff7324
Lasto

I will work on compiling some of these. I wish I could figure out how to post videos from Xbox.com to show in live motion. I cant get on any video sharing sites (youtube) from my computer at work so that is not an option.
More to come!
Can you go to xboxdvr.com and find your gamer tag?

Old 10-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #35
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
Can you go to xboxdvr.com and find your gamer tag?

You're a genius!

I can see my clips now!!! .. I will work on getting some together shortly.

EDIT: Take a look at my previous posts as I now added the video clips!

Last edited by jhoff7324; 10-28-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #36
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

Truck Stick

Screen 1: This is where I need to start to make my decision on what move will work best. I am a BIG back and am one on one against a small LB. Truck stick time!

Screen 2: I start to square up my body to the defender to give my RB a bigger advantage to run over the DB as opposed to angling my body like the stiff arm. I now initiate the flick upon the R-stick.

Screen 3: After flicking up on the R-stick my RB starts to do the work. When trucking defenders, I always make sure to continue to use the speed burst button as the more momentum the better.

Screen 4 and 5: The truck works to perfection and I now have my head up looking for the next unlucky defender.

Attached Images
File Type: png Truck 1.PNG (372.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: png Truck 2.PNG (377.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Truck 3.jpg (46.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: png Truck 4.PNG (361.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: png Truck 5.PNG (356.7 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by jhoff7324; 10-28-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #37
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

Spin Move

This is a spin move w/ Andrew Luck so it is a more mobile QB but, not the most elusive in the league.

This is a time I like to do a spin move up field and many may have not thought of using it in this instance.

Screen 1: This is where the decision needs to be made. I have three options. Extend to the sideline(not a good idea as defender is shedding block), Take on the linebacker filling (not a good idea w/a QB), and try to make a move back inside and get up the open hole..ding ding ding.. option 3.

Screen 2: I have planted my foot in the ground to get north and south and have made my decision. I am now going to initiate my spin.

Screen 3: I tap B/O, and hold the L-Stick in the direction I am desiring to go. in this case, it is up the middle of the field.

Screen 4: Spin works beautifully and I have an open path int he middle of the field.. IF... my lineman makes the downfield block.

Screen 5: I broke some ankles, the lineman got the block, now there is nothing left in my way except green pastures.. (I got caught from behind as you will see int he vid clip)
Attached Images
File Type: png Spin 1.PNG (383.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: png Spin 2.PNG (373.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: png Spin 3.PNG (375.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: png Spin 4.PNG (381.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Spin 5.jpg (49.2 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by jhoff7324; 10-28-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #38
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

Using LT as a Juke in the backfield is your friend

I have mentioned that using LT/L2 in some circumstances can really help.

1 big example of that is when you notice a great bull rush or free rusher before receiving a hand off.

I live by using LT/L2 in the backfield when it looks like I am about to lose yardage before the RB even receives the hand-off.

To do this, simply press and hold the LT/L2 trigger, DO NOT hold turbo, and move the L-Stick in the desired direction you would like to go.

This is a better, more efficient, move to use in the backfield at most times than the juke.

Screen 1: My RB is about to receive the hand-off but, I notice the run defense is in great position. I have a man to the left and a man blowing up the blocking in the middle. The only option I have is to get on my horse and bounce outside ASAP.

Screen 2: I receive the hand-off, all the while I am holding down the LT/L2 trigger.

Screen 3: As I am still holding down the LT/L2 trigger I quickly hold my L-Stick to the right. Do not hold turbo yet as cuts are not as precise.

Screen 4: The cut has been initiated and my RB is now bouncing the ball outside to the right. I can now let go of the LT/L2 trigger as I do not need the precise modifier anymore. This is where I want to use or at least start to think about using turbo to get away from the free rusher.

Screen 5: I am now holding down the RT/R2 turbo trigger to get my RB hashes, numbers, sidelines and away from all of the chaos in the middle. After the quick cut the free rusher has no chance to keep up with my RB.
Attached Images
File Type: png LT 1.PNG (473.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: png LT 2.PNG (399.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: png LT 3.PNG (384.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: png LT 4.PNG (440.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: png LT 5.PNG (405.3 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by jhoff7324; 10-28-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

@jhoff7324

Insanely helpful, thank you for taking the time to post all your breakdowns of the moves. I never would've thought to use the L2/Juke combo in the backfield like that.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:23 PM   #40
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
@jhoff7324

Insanely helpful, thank you for taking the time to post all your breakdowns of the moves. I never would've thought to use the L2/Juke combo in the backfield like that.
Anything I can do to help out the OS fam my man . I will take another look here shortly to see if there is anything else I can share with you all!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »