Home

Why I Love Madden NFL 16's Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on Why I Love Madden NFL 16's Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Why I Love Madden NFL 16's Connected Franchise

Most modes in the world of sports video games have seemingly gravitated towards being online, and in most cases, rightfully so. The days of getting together and playing cards until the wee hours of the morning is slowly fading away. It's now being replaced by people hanging in an online party playing games together until those same late hours. The reasons are simple, and honestly, not that hard to understand. It’s much easier for us as gamers to connect to friends that are spread across the country rather than trying to get together all in one place, at the same time.

Read More - Why I love Madden NFL 16's Connected Franchise
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why I Love Madden NFL 16's Connected Franchise

I strongly disagree. Having the ability to play with 31 other people can be great. But if player progression/regression is not sound (and it is not) then the core of the mode fails.

The XP system was a mistake, and it just inconsistent with a sim mode.

And really, because the of the XP system the mode is irredeemable. Drafting, free agency, team building etc. all dont really matter because the players dont progress and regress properly.

CFM has also suffered from a lack of direction. I.e. one year owner mode is a focus and the next it gets no improvement, is not even the default option and is basically hidden.

I actually think the gameplay in Madden is very strong and very much headed down the right path. But as far as CFM is concerned. The best thing to do is take what works but really rebuild the mode from the core.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
Rookie

AMSchieffer's Arena

I have always preferred the solo-Franchise route but this article had some interesting comments related to the ability of Madden to bring people together socially. Although it did seem like much of what was used to interact was not actually attributable to Madden itself.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Conceptually I agree, but the reality for me wasn't even close, with Madden at least. I was in on-line leagues the last two years, but can't bring myself to do it this year specifically because of the humans.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusker
Conceptually I agree, but the reality for me wasn't even close, with Madden at least. I was in on-line leagues the last two years, but can't bring myself to do it this year specifically because of the humans.
If you have a group of members who aren't on the same page you'll never have a league succeed. There needs to be a common league philosophy and all members have to stand by it.

It's much harder than you would think, but it can be done.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #6
Rookie

In theory, sure.

My experience however has been that 6-8 teams are constantly in flux with new owners...very hard to get 32 humans that all play nice. Beyond that, scheduling of games is easily the biggest pet peeve of mine. Squeezes the joy out of it.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
Pro

Nothing you mentioned has anything to do with madden daddy leagues etc all seperate cfm as a whole is terrible to be honest its pretty basic nothing to keep me interested, the scheme ratings kills the game a 74 ovr player becomes a 83 overall that player gets more money in free agency a 83 ovr player turns to a 74 gets less money plus you can never tell what your players true rating is.

In offline teams dont follow any kind of blue print they just get random players, commentary is frustratingly basic, gameplay is improved imo but players still have crap movement animations so much more i could add.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #8
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
... The XP system was a mistake, and it just inconsistent with a sim mode.

And really, because the of the XP system the mode is irredeemable. Drafting, free agency, team building etc. all dont really matter because the players dont progress and regress properly.

Your premise I agree with but I feel it makes drafting and free agency vital. There will be a minor swing in attributes due to confidence and minimal XP so you have to draft and sign players that fit your style of play and can start immediately or be a role player. The inadvertent ceiling adds to CFM (online).

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »