Home

Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play

This is a discussion on Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play

@BC, that's why I noted not meant to create debate or challenge others conclusions, cause it can quickly turn to that.
Just noting some info and people can take from there.

I did this because I really wanted to understand why some things were the way they were as to enjoy CFM as EA want us to.

Such as knowing that since OVR is used for depth chart and contract purposes, what then is used to represent a players overall value (worst to best) on a team, in a scheme and within the league.

After digging, I saw that ever rating in draft classes could/would be generated at the high end of the scale except AWR.
Ranging from as low as 35 up 75 max, with most players in the 50's to low 60's.

I couldn't understand why my newly drafted RB with an Truck of 91, which is considered "Elite", would consistently get driven sideways or backwards by defenders (corners mainly) during tackle animations.

Yes altering the Tackle slider changed the outcome to favor my RB, but now he was trucking over "Elite" tacklers consistently through out the game, even when fatigue.
So slider altering didn't answer why such a high rating was not playing out accordingly.

I came across some information that's too detailed to talk about that put this rating into perspective as to how it functions in CFM.

Answers:
#1 the only thing I can say is that Pass Rush seamingly disappeared when Connected Franchise was implemented and now we have Pass Coverage.

The mind boggling thing is that Zone Coverage rating modifies how soon AI defenders will react to when the "ball" leaves the QB hand.
"I believe" Pass Reaction is a modifier of the ZCV rating with this caveat...
I came across nothing to 100% confirm this is indeed its function.

#2 came across nothing as to the exact impacted weight.

#3 I'll have to stay away from answering this one due to the details that would have to be revealed.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great stuff here!

Do you know if awareness affects user controlled running backs and quarterbacks? This might be placebo, but going back years in Madden I always noticed running backs with higher awareness had more pronounced running lanes and QB's with higher awareness had more primary and secondary reads open than normal.

This explains why my rookie WR's completely suck even with high catch in traffic and spectacular catch ratings. Really good info.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

So if I'm reading the initial post correctly, "pass rush" is hidden in the pass defense slider. If we raise pass defense that means the pass rush will be much fiercer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #12
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

is this where Ea Secret Service make khaliib "go missing"?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

King, please drop in and drop knowledge....

Khalib, the hidden, alchemical Madden math is a real thing. KingV2K3 has been working on it for years and has sliders in his arena but doesn't post a formal thread because there is a contingent of folks who don't buy the argument that some of this hidden stuff is real and can be tested/verified.

And Husker, I think rather than "erasing" the Khalibs and Kings, EA should just fly them out for a day and let them drop their notes on the development team .
Old 12-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

These are things I surmised all along. Trying to get the appropriate number of fumbles is giving me slideritis because the fumble slider is also the running back ability. All I want to do is increase the probability of a fumble without decreasing the AI's ability to attempt to pull off a special move or break a tackle.

I've been screaming this for years. I want the INT slider to only affect the ability to catch an interception, the fumble slider to only change the probability of a fumble occurring, but no, it's more than that and it shouldn't be.

And to further complicate the problem, I asked the developers about this a couple years ago, and they basically thought the sliders only did what they were called.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:16 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
So if I'm reading the initial post correctly, "pass rush" is hidden in the pass defense slider. If we raise pass defense that means the pass rush will be much fiercer?
In theory, but things don't always work as they should, it may just make the linemen try to bull rush the QB and get caught up on the tackles.

In previous Maddens O-line ratings didn't really matter. You could put a punter at LT and the right DE still wouldn't get past them.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

So there are really only 30 draft classes..
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »