Home

How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time?

This is a discussion on How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #17
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time?

I'd go third. Overall, now, not just on field gameplay which would probably be the best.

1. Madden 07 PS2. Just the apex. Gameplay was good and franchise mode was the best ever. I used to do all of the mini camp drills prior to the new season to get a feel for what I had. Then the position battles throughout preseason.

2. Madden 05 PS2. I used to lock people up defensively in that one.

3. Madden 16 XB1. Gameplay and graphics are top notch. Game really shines in user vs. user games. Needs more "signature style" (running, catch types, tackles); "true step" for all players on the field and a focus on offline franchise mode.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #18
Rookie

I figured this would be a good place to ask, didn't want to make a thread, but would it be better to pick up Madden 15 for cheap or Madden 16 for about $30-$40? I've seen the graphics and displays and all that and they look very similar but is there a lot different gameplay wise?
Old 01-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
I really see alot of Madden 16 gameplay by far quotes.....Im very curious as to what you actually see in the gameplay that seperates itself so much from previous Maddens?

I personally am seeing a very one dimmensional AI from team to team that really does have sense of playing a thinking and dynamic opponent. Teams all seem to follow the same blueprint over and over.

WR seperation in the secondary seems congested and the same as every year. It looks like the AI defenders simply rubberbands its movements and reactions with your WRs The rushing animations and feel of breaking into the holes and into the open field is lackluster and wonky looking.

Many times i will see players warp to make plays on the ball just to satisfy statistical dice rolls in the game engine rather than naturally following thru with the actual natural animations

Sound Effects are silent, soft and missing on many tackles and hits

There isnt enough realistic range in throwing trajectories and wabbly passes.

Player momemntum and follow thrus on hits and running looks awkard on many tackles where a players appears to slow down and slightly warp to allow the defender to wrap up the tackle

I dont truly get a sense of all the distinct player characteristics of key players

Maybe Im being too hard on 16?
I've said this a a few times in here, but as someone who plays offline, not online, and someone who has tried to come up with workable sliders in the past decade or more, this is the first Madden that I'm not working with slider testing till Thanksgiving. All-Pro with some adjustsments plays a pretty good game of authentic football for me and others in here.

Does Madden 16 need more refinements and polish? Yes, of course it does in some of the areas you mentioned. I do see WR separation in most of my games I play offline.

If Rodgers goes down with an injury and in trots Tolzein, you bet there is a difference and a drop off in performance. In the past, I couldn't tell Rodgers vs Matt Flynn.

X is correct, the OL in wonky at times and needs an upgrade.

Maybe I'm getting too old, but I used to replay everything in slow mo that seemed out of whack. I don't have time for that anymore with kids and a family.(yeah, i know, you can tell w/o replay there is some wonkiness) The games take me an 1hr and 15 minutes as it is.

When I see people here at OS that I've known for a long time and state that 16 is the best playing game in a long time, I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Last edited by roadman; 01-19-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

It's the best of the PS4 era, but the series is still worse than it was toward the end of the PS3 era. I could say it was better in PS2 as well but I honestly don't remember. The series is drifting too far in a direction I don't like for me to really be excited about it anymore.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

For me, this is the best Madden I've played to date. It's not a perfect game, but for my tastes, it's very good.

I was able to settle in on my permanent sliders in September. Normally, I'm not able to get to that point until Thanksgiving, or even Christmas. So that's a sign to me that this Madden is really good overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #22
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

I still love 05 over all! Gameplay-wise it needed the "Manifesto" to be playable, and sure that means that it needed a group of dedicated Madden players to spend literally days upon days to fix what was broken, and sure there was no pass interference in the game, but after the Manifesto it played a damn good game of football. As an offline Franchise player, 05 also has some aspects that still to this day are not re-implemented back into the game, and should be. Holdouts, radio, newspapers, players favoring one team over another, 4 coaches on each time (OC, DC, ST, HC), pre-season drills.

I just watched an infamous "Madden vs NFL2K5" video the other day, and it mostly reminded me of all the things 05 had in it, that I had forgotten, that still haven't worked their way back into the game.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #23
MVP

Madden 05 was by far the most fun i ever had running a franchise. As far as gameplay goes, madden 16 is better. When it comes to the joy of running a franchise it can not compare to 05. Franchise/cfm has been on a down hill slide for 10 years or I am getting old, could be both.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #24
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

For gameplay, 16 takes it just because it's had all the enhancements over the years

For features, I remember doing things in Madden 2002 that I can't currently do in 2016. That's pretty damn sad. Still got a long, long way to go before it catches up to the gameplay and probably double that to meet my total satisfaction needs for a football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »