Home

How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time?

This is a discussion on How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2016, 04:17 PM   #49
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I believe if Madden 17's CFM mode get's the same level of customized ability and a better user interface for 32 team control (like M12) has, everyone would be happy. I happen to like CFM's layout with news stories and tweet's. M12 was sterile and lifeless but had all the custom options we wanted to do whatever we wanted.

I happen to like the completely randomized draft classes on M16, but would love to see Madden share for custom draft classes because of our awesome roster community.

I hope they make it far easier for roster makers to create and share classic rosters too.

They are oh so close to an ultimate Madden package. I hope the game play continues to evolve from Madden 16. I think game play (like many of us) has never been better on any previous Madden.

Basically give us Madden 2005/07's franchise mode with this game play and we will be dancing in the street.
I would like this post 10,000 times if I could. It's just so perfectly true. Customization is what gives a game replay value. It's the ability of a user to create their own experience - to make their experience perfect for them.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #50
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
I would like this post 10,000 times if I could. It's just so perfectly true. Customization is what gives a game replay value. It's the ability of a user to create their own experience - to make their experience perfect for them.
I never understood why games limit customization. Even down to the idea of changing ratings mid season. If you play online, you're limited to the rosters there, ok, that's fine......but if I'm an offline player, and I want to make all my players speed 99 after week 5 (as unrealistic as that is) then why can't I? Its my league, and my season, and its only affecting my game, so why not give me the option?
Old 01-22-2016, 06:46 PM   #51
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for this thread. Reading threw it I think I shall purchase 16. I have to find the right rosters/sliders to play with but I think I will be picking it up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #52
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm down with the M16 / 05 crowd...

Been happily immersed in my CFM since late September, as opposed to still being mired in slider hell and toiling away in the "workaround factory"...

More customization would be much appreciated, but this year was a VERY nice surprise, regardless...
Old 01-22-2016, 07:53 PM   #53
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

What are some of the best features in Madden 12 that made it so conducive to good franchise mode and 32 team control? Could you play both offenses if you wanted to?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:12 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
What are some of the best features in Madden 12 that made it so conducive to good franchise mode and 32 team control? Could you play both offenses if you wanted to?
Well in madden 12 you had full control. You could move anybody to any position, any time you wanted, without any changes in attributes. You could set captains, also in game you had defensive assignments. I remember drafting an absolute shutdown corner and having him lock down number 1 recievers for 10 years. Also, progression wasn't ********(not so much 16, but 15 and 25 gave out way too much xp). It wasn't great, but at least stars wouldn't become bums. It also tracked league leaders and box scores from every year of your franchise, and I think it may have done awards as well. Overall just a great mode with tons of replay value.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1

WORST - Madden 06 PS3 - worthless POS.
There was no Madden 06 on PS3. They skipped that year. It was only on 360, PS2, XBOX, and PC. Madden 07 wasn't much better, but it did have signature running styles which no Madden has had since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2001
Well in madden 12 you had full control. You could move anybody to any position, any time you wanted, without any changes in attributes. You could set captains, also in game you had defensive assignments. I remember drafting an absolute shutdown corner and having him lock down number 1 recievers for 10 years. Also, progression wasn't ********(not so much 16, but 15 and 25 gave out way too much xp). It wasn't great, but at least stars wouldn't become bums. It also tracked league leaders and box scores from every year of your franchise, and I think it may have done awards as well. Overall just a great mode with tons of replay value.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
I liked Madden 12 for a a lot of reasons:

- The level of control on and off the field.

- The collisions were better than any PS4/XB1 Madden as the players actually made full contact on hits a majority of the time whereas now the players are barely making contact on hits, even big hits which is totally weird.

- The game had multiple intro styles. They were too long for preaseason and regular season games; they needed to shorten them for those games and have the longer ones for the playoffs, thanksgiving, or some other important game of the year, but I still appreciated the effort that went into that. Loved the cheerleaders being in the game, too, and the authentic QB runouts which they've somehow managed to ruin in Madden 16 with trying to be unneededly creative with the running in front of a field graphic and disappearing out of the picture. I just don't understand why they do stuff like that. Why mess with something that was perfectly fine?

- Grass textures. They were overdone in most cases, but the effort to get them close to the real field with all the spotting and such was there as opposed to now where there appears to be no effort to do that at all.

- Presentation, loved the cameras. There are still plenty of them in Madden 12 that haven't shown up in any of the current generation Maddens.

In all, Madden 12 was the best Madden of last generation. It arguably gives the current generation Madden's a run for its money, and does do a number of things better than the current Madden's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »