Home

How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time?

This is a discussion on How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2016, 01:36 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time?

I put 16 with 04 and 05 as my favorite Madden games. 93 and 98 will always be special to me as well.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:06 PM   #58
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
I never understood why games limit customization. Even down to the idea of changing ratings mid season. If you play online, you're limited to the rosters there, ok, that's fine......but if I'm an offline player, and I want to make all my players speed 99 after week 5 (as unrealistic as that is) then why can't I? Its my league, and my season, and its only affecting my game, so why not give me the option?
Even in online CFM's I would love the ability to change ratings. Let a commish do it only.

I would eliminate the players who "break" the game by having users artificially keep their AWR down so they can sign them for cheap.

If a QB wins MVP I'd bump his AWR WAY up which would boost his OVR which would greatly increase his salary demands.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 01-24-2016, 08:18 PM   #59
Rookie

Branchurian's Arena

I would put this right behind 2005, I have been one of madden's hardest critics and although it still not where it should be I easily give these guys a "B", or "B-" with the game. I'm all about gameplay and options and they have slowly giving me that "Captain of the field" feeling that madden 2005 and 2K has done with their games. It takes alot for me to say that the game is solid and it is easily the 2nd best madden in terms of on the field gameplay. As far as football games of all time, I'd put it in the low teir of top ten.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:52 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

No one can argue that M16 is the best looking in the series and when compared to past generations it is hard for some to go backwards... That said, I am so tired of the weak franchise mode in the last 4 or 5 years that I started play testing all the old maddens for a few weeks to determine one to go and back and really jump into.

IMO Madden 07 PS2 is best combination of game play and franchise and after a week or so acclimating to the visuals, I am having the most i have had in madden since... well the PS2!

Madden 05 - very good, great even but really 07 is better is nearly every way

Madden 12 - best franchise of the 360/PS3 generation but the duplicate player pics that look more like office geeks than players was game breaking for me

Madden 10 - solid game

Madden 06 - has the honor of being very good on ps2/xbox and atrocious on 360/ps3

Madden 98 and 2003 had GREAT game play but lacked in other areas

Last edited by chargerrich; 01-24-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Madden 06/07 are so underrated its depressing... The franchise mode was the best its ever been, and the gameplay was solid for its time.
Amen! It baffles me that so many people in this thread omit 05-08. 07 for me was the absolute zenith of the series and aside from current gen visuals and the ability to trade next years draft picks, 07 has the single best franchise mode ever... IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2016, 10:28 PM   #62
MVP

I would say M16 is the best Madden overall. However, the PS2 Maddens 05-07 were REALLY outstanding. I feel like the gameplay in M16 is the best it has ever been. Still room for improvement though.
While Franchise mode is decent, it is certainly lacking in many areas.

As mentioned a few times, M07 was a very solid overall package. I actually just started playing it again recently. The depth within the franchise mode, customization, and solid gameplay made for a complete game. On M07, I tend to actually play very few games however. I usually spend my time running the team off the field and then sim the games.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #63
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich
Amen! It baffles me that so many people in this thread omit 05-08. 07 for me was the absolute zenith of the series and aside from current gen visuals and the ability to trade next years draft picks, 07 has the single best franchise mode ever... IMO
To be honest, I played 05 so much that I didn't really bother with another Madden until 13, and it just couldn't capture me. What is it about 07 that you feel was different/better than 05?
Old 01-25-2016, 01:09 PM   #64
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

It is really hard for me to call this the best Madden of all time when there are still so many issues with CPU management in CFM, which kills single player experience for me, and playing in online CFMs just isn't an option for me anymore sadly.

M16 is the best, by far, since the PS2 days, but it is probably the third best overall game in the series.

If they can find a way to make the CPU behave realistically off the field in CFM and continue to improve how it plays on the field then maybe one day I will finally be playing an EA football game year around again, like in the old days

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »