Home

What Should Happen in Madden's Passing Game

This is a discussion on What Should Happen in Madden's Passing Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Should Happen in Madden's Passing Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfeev215
A lot of people here have stated the most important fact "this is the only football game on the market". There's really no room for half-stepping in this arena. I mean if EA Tiburon wants to produce a game that draws in a crowd that prefers a more arcade experience bring back NFL street lol.
Honestly I'm a realist and I think it would be worth it for the devs to consider a tuner (if possible) or separate set of rules or sliders for what is being deemed randomness in football for the competitive online crowd. That randomness is so vital to the heart and soul of the sport. The missed field goal in the Minnesota/Seattle game (pretty much a gimme) this past playoffs. Although it's college football how about the botched snap on the punt in the Michigan/MSU game last year. I'm sure others can come up with a umber of key plays that decided outcomes in games that aren't even possible in Madden. How about a blocked punt, extra point or field goal for once this decade (maybe I'm the only one that can't do this). I feel like the control of so much of the game is out of our hands...
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm sure they could, but you have another developer from EA(WWE) that CM Hooe linked stated that it's very costly and time consuming to flip switches online and offline.

Don't forget, they are using old code from the old Maddens of yesteryear.
Do you think it would be worth it if they did nothing else but created this tuner for tourney play and didn't do anything else to improve the online portion of the game including but not limited to online CFM, servers, regular online games.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:02 AM   #50
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

I don't believe anything should be random, it should be based on player skill rating.

In NCAA football, a freshman QB would do things such as have "?" Over reciever's heads, and the play art would show squiggley routes. I wouldn't have a problem with Brock Osweiler having this if he's up against a good defense.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Old 02-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
I don't believe anything should be random, it should be based on player skill rating.

In NCAA football, a freshman QB would do things such as have "?" Over reciever's heads, and the play art would show squiggley routes. I wouldn't have a problem with Brock Osweiler having this if he's up against a good defense.
I liked the idea NCAA had, but as usual Tiburon comes up with a good idea and executes it poorly and this to me was an example of that. Instead of having squiggly lines and question marks, it would make more sense to just take the art and icons away from certain routes and players for less skilled QB's. It accomplishes the same thing without being hacky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 07:26 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Playing 2K5 in first person mode with WR switching on, it made me realize that it can work to have the player have to do something at different points of the play to make sure the outcome is good. In FPF, it would switch to the WR and you had to do something to ensure the catch, if you failed you dropped the pass. For bad snaps, they could have it where you have to remember to press a button or short combo of buttons before each snap or something. If you dont the snap is bad and may not be caught. Might be tense for field goals too where if you screw up, the snap and or the hold could be bad and affect the kick.

Blitz The League had something similar for kicks and it did add a layer of challenge. Thought it was dope.
That would be the perfect solution for a variety of things.

I'm not saying I'm 100% against random occurrences, but I am more for users having control and bad things happening when they forget to exercise that control at given moments. It would also add a new layer of emotion to the game that's not currently there.

It sucks that we have to keep looking to the past for solutions to current problems, but in reality the past is where all of the innovation in football gaming is.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #53
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I absolutely hate the randomness of penalties, especially holdings. I play nothing but online franchise, so when I lose on a holding call it annoys the hell out of me. So, in other words, if all of this were to happen in a game, I'd be liable to break my TV, and Gronk spike my controller. No thanks. I could live with poor snaps on special teams though. But no more than like 2 per season.
Keep in mind, that you may end up winning a game because these sorts of things happen to your opponent.

I know that's a case of "But that's not me winning the game the right way," but as they say, a game isn't won on just one single play.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #54
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_isBringingSexyBack
I liked the idea NCAA had, but as usual Tiburon comes up with a good idea and executes it poorly and this to me was an example of that. Instead of having squiggly lines and question marks, it would make more sense to just take the art and icons away from certain routes and players for less skilled QB's. It accomplishes the same thing without being hacky.
I totally understand the question marks, it shows the QB is confused. I could see people who don't play very much assuming the game is broken because there is no icon.

However, instead of the squiggles or no route shown at all, I would prefer three different routes to be shown instead of one whacky route.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »