Home

Whats the point of the 100 SCALE RATING system??

This is a discussion on Whats the point of the 100 SCALE RATING system?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2016, 11:58 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Whats the point of the 100 SCALE RATING system??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
To bring this back to the Ratings discussion a bit more, I will say this...I just had an opportunity to download and start a franchise with the FBRatings Rosters that were recommended and have to say that I have more confidence in the Madden game engine then I originally did....

DCEEB and team did one helluva job in editing the rosters in such a way to prove the very point that this Madden engine is indeed capable of much greater variety and dynamic gameplay than what it currently produces now with the EA default rosters. So there is hope....is it perfect?...no way, but it is definitely more capable of bigger and better things.

Especially if the actually EA game designers take stock of what amazing improvements a bunch of dedicated non programmers could do to the game by just utilizing the full spectrum of the ratings system!!

Im really hoping that EA takes notice of how much more exciting and unique each game can actually be when the full ratings scale is utilized and in flight. Now if they could just add alot more dynamic animations to be triggered into the game, tighten up the physics and contact engine we might really be going places!

I think they also really need to add some global editing modifiers to the game so users can make global % modifications to entire ratings of a league roster if they wanted...for example

A slider that lets you increase/decrease all Impact Blocking by 8% to Free Agents, or NFL Players, or all NY Jets, ect.

Sliders like this and the ability to control all 32 teams with a simple toggle option rather than having the manually go in and create 32 profiles(!!!!) would be a huge godsend for us Sandbox junkies!!
Gameplay of Play Now and CFM are different.

Back stories are one of the CFM mechanism tied to ratings, so editing outside of predefined levels causes a disconnect and is the reason (I believe) why there are issues created when loading any edited roster into CFM.

Try playing a CFM with the default 75 roster (as there is no external loading), gameplay is different.

Can you describe what you saw in gameplay to meet player difference in your eyes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im not sure I understand what you mean when you say backstories in CFM are connected to player ratings which cause some gameplay issues when you load anything but the default rosters into a CFM.

I used FBRatings Rosters and didnt have any problems at all in CFM....I actually saw more organic and realistic football then I ever had seen using the default Madden rosters in CFM.

The only issues I can potentially see happening, which are obvious ones that already have been pointed out, is that the new draft class will come in and skew all these realistic ratings with their over inflated attributes
Old 03-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #27
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Would really like to go away from Ratings and go with traits. Better yet keep ratings for physical traits(speed, acceleration, agility, strength) but to traits for everything else.

Just as an example take defensive linemen. Do away with power move, finesse move, block shedding and make the traits bull rush/rip, swim/spin
Old 03-09-2016, 01:37 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 9

This is exactly the thing I'm doing. I made a chart that turns it to a 100 point formula. It makes players like Boobie Dixon a 10-11 route running. Robert Woods falls around 60s, Sammy is high 80s. I also subtracted 10 and did my chart which makes players fall into a 60 point scale. This allows less sudden speed bursts. I'm thinking about using fbgs base ratings and there is a guy who has rosters that make the players updated. Darby is 80s and incognito is high too
Old 03-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #29
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Gameplay of Play Now and CFM are different.

Back stories are one of the CFM mechanism tied to ratings, so editing outside of predefined levels causes a disconnect and is the reason (I believe) why there are issues created when loading any edited roster into CFM.

Try playing a CFM with the default 75 roster (as there is no external loading), gameplay is different.

Can you describe what you saw in gameplay to meet player difference in your eyes?
If that were true, wouldn't things be different with EA's own updated rosters too?
Old 03-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #30
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
If that were true, wouldn't things be different with EA's own updated rosters too?
I thought that was the point they were trying to make?
Old 03-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Would really like to go away from Ratings and go with traits. Better yet keep ratings for physical traits(speed, acceleration, agility, strength) but to traits for everything else.

Just as an example take defensive linemen. Do away with power move, finesse move, block shedding and make the traits bull rush/rip, swim/spin
We view traits differently. There is a big difference between a JJ Watt rip and a Datone Jones rip. I want to keep ratings to distinguish how well someone does something.

For me, traits should be what someone does, not how well they do it.
Traits, what they do.
Ratings, how well they do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 10:48 PM   #32
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
I thought that was the point they were trying to make?
I don't know. I was a bit lost, to be honest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »