Home

Interesting article about the future of Madden

This is a discussion on Interesting article about the future of Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 06:24 PM   #33
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Interesting article about the future of Madden

Hopefully we're given sim and arcade options for ranked this year. That'd be lovely. Too hard for a sim player to find a sim style game nowadays.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:01 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
The things that make the sport of football exciting and the things that make a video game exciting don't always overlap. Watching sports is a spectator activity, so the unexpected is exciting. In a video game, the more random the outcomes the less the player feels responsible for them, it breaks the immersion of the game. Different players have different levels of tolerance for that, and EA/Tiburon are always going to have to serve two masters in that regard.
I call BS on the guys claiming they want the randomness anyway. It just leads to threads complaining about comeback logic, the CPU cheating, and other nonsense. Sim guys want this in theory, but in practice, they never believe they deserve the bad breaks they get.

It's why Madden will never be a sim.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #35
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
I call BS on the guys claiming they want the randomness anyway. It just leads to threads complaining about comeback logic, the CPU cheating, and other nonsense. Sim guys want this in theory, but in practice, they never believe they deserve the bad breaks they get.

I definitely want it, and I never cry about any of that stuff. It's a representation of sports, there is no deserve or don't deserve, sometimes crappy things just happen and you lose games. I'm 100% for it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 10:10 PM   #36
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:

I want it. High snaps, botched snaps, bobbled snaps, double/bobble catches the lot. If it's in the game I want it in the game. Do you call bs on the guys that wanted inaccurate passes and penalties too? Would I feel cheated if I lost the game on a botched snap? Not cheated but definitely upset but that's the exact life that cfm is missing, give me the drama.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #37
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

As someone who plays against the AI, as long as it's balanced properly I'd be fine with it. I wouldn't want my players constantly botching snaps and the ai is perfect. I just want realism.

APF had these things happen and it was awesome.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-02-2016, 10:50 PM   #38
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Not really. There is no reason for missed snaps, dropped holds on kicks, the kicker slipping, etc. to not be optional. These would be under the options for a player to turn on and off, no different than changing the umpire variation settings in MLB the Show.

And these realistic random occurrences would automatically be turned off for online ranked games, MUT, tournaments, and whatever else they could possibly hinder.
As much as I want to believe there is a formula used in Madden for when Richard Sherman drops an easy pick, or when Doug Martin breaks 4 tackles in the backfield and runs to daylight, or what determines Tony Romo coughing the ball up in his own endzone, there are way too many "roll of the dice" situations in Madden (NBA 2K, etc) for people to take it seriously.

Then there is the issue of drawing the Pats v Jaguars.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Old 05-02-2016, 11:01 PM   #39
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I want it. High snaps, botched snaps, bobbled snaps, double/bobble catches the lot. If it's in the game I want it in the game. Do you call bs on the guys that wanted inaccurate passes and penalties too? Would I feel cheated if I lost the game on a botched snap? Not cheated but definitely upset but that's the exact life that cfm is missing, give me the drama.
Agreed. I definitely want it as well.

I'm still not sure I understand exactly how things like a botched snap or a bobbled snap are much different than things like a dropped pass, dropped INT, broken tackle, fumble, muffed punt, blown coverage etc. Do tourney players want all of those things turned off as well? If not, why are certain aspects generally accepted as a part of the game while others are not?

I feel like this is the same kind of thing that affects special teams. People don't want to lose games because of a missed field goal so every FG under 60 yards that isn't into the wind has been cake since Madden moved to 360. At the end of the day it comes down to what kind of game EA wants to make but if you're going to keep preaching sim, sim, sim, the decisions that follow need to fall inline with that.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:50 AM   #40
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This is the last thing madden needs in my opinion. It's already geared towards the ESports player with its heavy focus on online modes like DC and MUT. Hell its basically the same argument we had that's sim vs Tourney players. Tourney players are the reason we don't have bad snaps, muffed hand offs, etc. They don't want the randomness to have an impact on the outcome of the game, where as offline sim CFm guys like my self would really welcome it as t would bring life to the game.

Would love to see the bad snaps and muffed handoffs added as an option for offline folks. Something that can be turned off for online modes.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »