Home

Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

Can they at least pronounce the first and last names of new rookies in franchise mode? Please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 11:53 AM   #42
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
I love that they can add new lines all the time, but there is not one announcer I dislike more than Charles Davis which probably is on an unhealthy level considering many people probably couldn't even tell you who he is, lol. He always seems to be framing his analysis as a question to his Partner as he ALWAYS calls who ever he works with to avoid catching any criticism if he is wrong. "Partner, don't you think they should run the ball here" he says as they throw a bomb for a touchdown right after he says it, lol. "This looks like a good time for them to punt it away and play deffense, right Partner?" As the team goes for it an converts. Rant over haha.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:53 AM   #43
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Gets New Commentary Team Featuring Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierV90
Can they at least pronounce the first and last names of new rookies in franchise mode? Please?
Has that been an issue in the past?
Old 06-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #44
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea after seeing the article, you just posted as well as MPrice, I'm thinking the Wiki page is out of date. That's what I get for using Wikipedia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a Lions fan who always ends up stuck listening to the 8th string announcers I can tell you I have heard him plenty.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Has that been an issue in the past?
As far as I know. For instance, I drafted a quarterback in the 2018 draft named Sean Samuels. Jim Nance or Phil Simms never mention him by name during the game. This goes for any other automatically generated franchise draft player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #46
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierV90
As far as I know. For instance, I drafted a quarterback in the 2018 draft named Sean Samuels. Jim Nance or Phil Simms never mention him by name during the game. This goes for any other automatically generated franchise draft player.
Ahhhh I get what you're saying now. I agree.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 5

I'll have to wait and see how this plays out in an offline franchise. I don't really see how the updated commentary would be beneficial to an offline franchise unless my offline franchise mirrors real life trades.

I'll also have to wait and see if there is far less repetitive commentary. This could be good for offline franchise or it could just be "meh".

Really wish the Franchise Blogs would come out. Just need to be patient.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:07 PM   #48
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I'll have to wait and see how this plays out in an offline franchise. I don't really see how the updated commentary would be beneficial to an offline franchise unless my offline franchise mirrors real life trades.

I'll also have to wait and see if there is far less repetitive commentary. This could be good for offline franchise or it could just be "meh".

Really wish the Franchise Blogs would come out. Just need to be patient.
There are two parts to it: one is that with updated commentary comes the potential for play now/online games to reference real-world changes in the league.

The other part of it is that since they will be constantly updating commentary, there may be new lines/scenarios fed into your CFM that you don't even know happened. So maybe at launch they don't have anything for random scenario X, and that scenario happens in your game and commentary doesn't mention it. But maybe down the line X happens again and now the game has new commentary about X.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »