Home

Madden NFL 17 Features Several Key Presentation Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Features Several Key Presentation Improvements within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #89
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 17 Features Several Key Presentation Improvements

Quote:
We're able to do things that push the limits of what broadcast wishes it could
This is the issue here, EA think it knows what WE want, we dont want to push the limits of what broadcast wishes it could, an authentic broadcast presentation is what we want,

But besides the point I can honestly careless about those intros or what ever else has pushed the limits, they are nice and I'm ok with them. It's just when they said that it rubbed me the wrong way
Old 06-08-2016, 05:03 PM   #90
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Thanks. Is there at least some type of "delay" (millisecond) to the button mash when the replay kicks in? "Button Delay" is never a good thing in a video game, but sometimes in the heat of the moment, you want to smash that "X" button, and you're like oops, I actually wanted to see that replay.
I might be misremembering this, but I think it's a hold this year. So you hold A/X and the icon pops up in the bottom right of the screen, and it fills around in green. When it fills up all the way, it skips to the next play. Again, I could be completely misremembering this, but I'm relatively certain that's how it worked.

Nope, I was right: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=895

Last edited by mrprice33; 06-08-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #91
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

My favorite part of this is the real time presentation vs cut scenes, I've harped on this for some time, nice to see it touted. Time warps, as I refer to them, are very disjointing for me in any football video game and I feel the more areas where real time transition can be represented, the better for immersion. Also hopefully this eventually leads to personnel coming on/off the field in real time in the future, not only for the presentation effect but the strategic and realism of things like no huddle, too many men on the field, etc.

My question is, in M17, how far does this real time extend? For example, someone scores a TD, at what point does real time start and end, from then until the extra point, then the extra point to the kickoff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #92
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
This is the issue here, EA think it knows what WE want, we dont want to push the limits of what broadcast wishes it could, an authentic broadcast presentation is what we want,

But besides the point I can honestly careless about those intros or what ever else has pushed the limits, they are nice and I'm ok with them. It's just when they said that it rubbed me the wrong way
It's a pretty consistent thing in their design ethos and something that is likely not going away.

And, some people do want to see the game do things TV can't do ()
Old 06-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #93
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Just looking at the screens something still seems off with lighting and colors. Nothing really "pops" as far as colors go. Dome games do a better job of this but even in that Texans intro screen, I don't know if it's different because it's the intro cut but the colors look so dull and dark. Even in the Gronk close up his facemask almost looks like a pastel red rather than a vibrant red.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #94
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
My favorite part of this is the real time presentation vs cut scenes, I've harped on this for some time, nice to see it touted. Time warps, as I refer to them, are very disjointing for me in any football video game and I feel the more areas where real time transition can be represented, the better for immersion. Also hopefully this eventually leads to personnel coming on/off the field in real time in the future, not only for the presentation effect but the strategic and realism of things like no huddle, too many men on the field, etc.

My question is, in M17, how far does this real time extend? For example, someone scores a TD, at what point does real time start and end, from then until the extra point, then the extra point to the kickoff?
It's certainly not as long as TV but there is a healthy amount of time between the two. Keep this question in mind over the next couple of days.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #95
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Just looking at the screens something still seems off with lighting and colors. Nothing really "pops" as far as colors go. Dome games do a better job of this but even in that Texans intro screen, I don't know if it's different because it's the intro cut but the colors look so dull and dark. Even in the Gronk close up his facemask almost looks like a pastel red rather than a vibrant red.
An example of what I mean

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 05:18 PM   #96
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It's a pretty consistent thing in their design ethos and something that is likely not going away.

And, some people do want to see the game do things TV can't do ()

What about simply having two or three options ? Replicate real tv broadcast angles, then extrapolate for Madden TV style broadcast.

Presentation:
(A) Madden TV
(B) NFL TV Broadcast
(C) Hybrid (Madden/Broadcast)

Oh yes, is there an option for replays to be present after each and every single play, for both offensive and defensive highlights, or even non-exciting plays?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »