Home

Madden 16 Championship

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Championship within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #17
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
This right here, is the poison to sim Madden football. 'Why don't you stop it' BECAUSE It's an EXPLOIT. Like, Cheating.
I never said I did it; merely pointing the facts out. I don't even play online.

Whether it is cheating, is relative and subjective; since everyone is capable of using so called exploits, without creation of a "trainer," or other outside program to manipulate the memory of the game, it isn't really cheating; just taking advantage of what the game allows; it may be "cheesy," but cheating is a whole other monster.

Running the same play over and over is far from cheating or cheesing.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #18
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I never said I did it; merely pointing the facts out. I don't even play online.

Whether it is cheating, is relative and subjective; since everyone is capable of using so called exploits, without creation of a "trainer," or other outside program to manipulate the memory of the game, it isn't really cheating; just taking advantage of what the game allows; it may be "cheesy," but cheating is a whole other monster.

Running the same play over and over is far from cheating or cheesing.
Have you watched this years championship. It's one thing to run a play because the opponent isn't skilled enough to stop it, it's another to run a play because the AI doesn't know how to.

Just watch from the 1:33:00 mark on the youtube video, the guy literally ran the same A gap blitz all 4 downs and the o-line just stood in their stance.

If there was a way to stop it, I'm sure Problem Wright would have figured it out. I'm pretty sure playing Madden is his main source of income.

Would you accept the loss if you played this defense the whole game?

https://youtu.be/I4EiFJLyolc

Last edited by Datninja619; 06-15-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 06-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #19
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Have you watched this years championship. It's one thing to run a play because the opponent isn't skilled enough to stop it, it's another to run a play because the AI doesn't know how to.

Just watch from the 1:33:00 mark on the youtube video, the guy literally ran the same A gap blitz all 4 downs and the o-line just stood in their stance.

If there was a way to stop it, I'm sure Problem Wright would have figured it out. I'm pretty sure playing Madden is his main source of income.

Would you accept the lost if you played this defense the whole game?

https://youtu.be/I4EiFJLyolc
"Problem" was losting and running Verts against a Cover 2 Man..Lets face it, Problem didn't have much of a choice, which is also why the Cover 2 man(1-4-6), a dime version of the 3-4 Psycho, wasn't run until that situation, successfully ..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-15-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
This right here, is the poison to sim Madden football. 'Why don't you stop it' BECAUSE It's an EXPLOIT. Like, Cheating.
This. How people can be aware of how competition and regulation work in the real NFL, then pretend that premise doesn't apply in a NFL video game contest is beyond me. This thread isn't talking about Online Ranked or how any gamers chooses to play Madden privately, this is a EA sanctioned contest, a Madden Championship to get paid. There are countless tactics and concepts that would work and have worked, in the real NFL, which every team could accomplish but they all agree not to do them and a huge part of the league is regulating and preventing "exploits".

Before someone goes into "a real NFL team can run the same play over and over, design their owns plays, etc just like people are doing in Madden", regulation in competition is custom fit and fluid. The Pats substitution against the Ravens that year comes to mind, wasn't illegal at the time, any team could do it but they eventually made it illegal. This quote by competition co-committee chair Jeff Fisher about that sums it up nicely "Unless we had some guidelines in place, this thing may get out of hand,".

So even in the real NFL it's clearly not just about what is possible or that everyone can do it, so it shouldn't be like that in Madden competitions either.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #21
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This. How people can be aware of how competition and regulation work in the real NFL, then pretend that premise doesn't apply in a NFL video game contest is beyond me. This thread isn't talking about Online Ranked or how any gamers chooses to play Madden privately, this is a EA sanctioned contest, a Madden Championship to get paid. There are countless tactics and concepts that would work and have worked, in the real NFL, which every team could accomplish but they all agree not to do them and a huge part of the league is regulating and preventing "exploits".

Before someone goes into "a real NFL team can run the same play over and over, design their owns plays, etc just like people are doing in Madden", regulation in competition is custom fit and fluid. The Pats substitution against the Ravens that year comes to mind, wasn't illegal at the time, any team could do it but they eventually made it illegal. This quote by competition co-committee chair Jeff Fisher about that sums it up nicely "Unless we had some guidelines in place, this thing may get out of hand,".

So even in the real NFL it's clearly not just about what is possible or that everyone can do it, so it shouldn't be like that in Madden competitions either.
Then when someone gets killed in a FPS, they shouldn't be able to play that game again.

When Madden game play mimics the NFL/human abilities, exactly, then we can start talking about regulations; as developers have already noted, adjustments are being made to eliminate the need for exploits, through logic adjustments; anything more would be risking backlash by the users.

Also note, Jeff Fisher may have made a poor decision in determining a rule change. And was Veren's ineligible status told to the defense? If not, then the only change required was a rule to identify ineligible receivers with an eligible number, as such.

In football, the offense seems to have always had more rules in regards to how people could line up, the defense, not so much; so the blitzing in the previous video the Madden Championship, and an NFL change to offense, is really not comparable.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 06-15-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #22
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Then when someone gets killed in a FPS, they shouldn't be able to play that game again.

When Madden game play mimics the NFL/human abilities, exactly, then we can start talking about regulations; as developers have already noted, adjustments are being made to eliminate the need for exploits, through logic adjustments; anything more would be risking backlash by the users.

Also note, Jeff Fisher may have made a poor decision in determining a rule change. And was Veren's ineligible status told to the defense? If not, then the only change required was a rule to identify ineligible receivers with an eligible number, as such.
To the bold, really? I don't even know what to say to the rest of your post so I won't.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:24 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Madden 16 Championship

Quote:

Wasn't it Bill Parcells who said "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"?

I will never fault the tournament community for the ruthless and cutthroat style with which they play the game, because 1 - it's a video game, they are free to enjoy it however they choose to do so, and 2 - they are effectively free and extremely focused QA for the devs as to what exploits exist and need fixing. How many countless "nano" blitz schemes has Tiburon fixed over the years because these guys found them?

They have their place in getting us all closer to sim football.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #24
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 16 Championship

I'm a sim style gamer and I don't enjoy playing the way these guys do. However I'm not a pro gamer who plays for money.

I don't blame these guys one bit. Pro teams, coaches and players do everything they can to gain an advantage IRL.

Basketball and Soccer players flop. NFL players hold and deflate footballs. MLB players steal the catchers signs.

My point is that it's up to EA to make a game that's stops things.

I don't like to see exploits like running nano's and FB dives 15 times or running the same defensive play call over and over win a championship on ESPN 2 but, the ball is in EA's court.

To me it's not cheating unless the tournament made a rule against it.

I for one would like to see the game get to the point where if you want to win you have to do so based on real football strategy.

Hopefully Madden 17 will bring us closer to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »