Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Seahawks (cookieboy17)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Seahawks (cookieboy17) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 03:23 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it just me or are more people annoyed with that hard wistle sound after every play?
Old 06-22-2016, 07:46 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Seahawks (cookieboy17)

Why are they running a hurry up after incomplete pass in end zone with a minute and a half left? User controlled?

C
Old 06-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #19
Rookie

First off.....There was "no" pocket at all...No sense of pressure or urgency..I thought they fixed that....I really like the interception by sherman but it would have dope if the sidelines reacted with him or something close to that but maybe next year
Old 06-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
The commentary does sound good. But it's nothing earth shattering. It's on par with other sports games. The problem was the commentary was so awful before. I'll still give them props for improving the commentary and equipment though. They just need mouthpieces and to take those running animations out back and kill it.
Completely agree.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:26 PM   #21
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: New Madden 17 Video Cam vs Sherman Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Commentary for football games is the hardest commentary of all sports games to do right, I think people should take that into account when judging the commentary. It's by far the best football commentary we've ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why? Not disagreeing with you but you made a point then did nothing to explain why? Why is football video game commentary harder than baseball(which has way more down time), basketball, soccer, etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 04:18 PM   #22
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Why? Not disagreeing with you but you made a point then did nothing to explain why? Why is football video game commentary harder than baseball(which has way more down time), basketball, soccer, etc?
I would think football and baseball would be the easiest. Especially with down time and replays to add more to the game than just play by play. I would think basketball, hockey, and soccer would be the most difficult since there's hardly a break in the action.

I think the play by play guy is still just off to me. Not sure what it is exactly but doesn't sound right to me. Though I did like how he mentioned Sherman was a pro bowler during the return. I think the analyst guy sounds pretty good.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #23
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's by far the best football commentary we have ever heard.
Who is 'we' ?

I like what I've heard so far but I wouldn't say that yet

really love the commentary on nfl 2k5/ all pro 2k8
Old 06-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I would think football and baseball would be the easiest. Especially with down time and replays to add more to the game than just play by play. I would think basketball, hockey, and soccer would be the most difficult since there's hardly a break in the action.

I think the play by play guy is still just off to me. Not sure what it is exactly but doesn't sound right to me. Though I did like how he mentioned Sherman was a pro bowler during the return. I think the analyst guy sounds pretty good.
Thats the reason why football and baseball are harder. You have to fill the breaks with color commentary and those are the lines that become the most repetitive. In a basketball game, the PBP guy is talking 70% of the time. Same with hockey. In soccer, there isnt really an expectation that the PBP guy or the color guy talk much and dead air is actually welcome.

With football and baseball, PBP maybe takes up 40% of the airtime because of the breaks so the color commentator has to carry a heavier load.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »