Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Seahawks (cookieboy17)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Seahawks (cookieboy17) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2016, 11:34 AM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 17 Video - Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Seahawks (cookieboy17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I would like to see the pocket collapse a little more. 5-10 secs it seemed on average which allows anyone in the nfl to get open. Great video though

I'll be interested to see how this changes in the final build with the pass rush bugs fixed. Rex said it's supposed to be 3-4 seconds this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #34
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Seahawks (cookieboy17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Same. I've seen Jason Witten do a goofy dance and spike the ball and it made me cringe. That's not the kinda player Witten is, it all goes back to player likeness and immersion. If I score with Barry Sanders I don't expect him to do backflips I expect him to hand the ref the ball.

Yeah, they need to have tiers of celebration. Tier 1 is Barry sanders, only/always hands ball to ref. Tier 2 is only spiking for players like whitten. Tier 3 is get down witcha bad self for Deion, Terrell Owens, etc.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:41 PM   #35
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, they need to have tiers of celebration. Tier 1 is Barry sanders, only/always hands ball to ref. Tier 2 is only spiking for players like whitten. Tier 3 is get down witcha bad self for Deion, Terrell Owens, etc.

As silly as it was I thought this is what the "swagger" rating was for. NBA 2k has an emotion rating 0 being the stoic guys like Rose and Lillard and 100 being the overtop guys like ??? I don't really know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 02:17 PM   #36
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'll be interested to see how this changes in the final build with the pass rush bugs fixed. Rex said it's supposed to be 3-4 seconds this year.

Are there tweets about this bug? Most disappointing thing in these videos is there is still noooooooooo realistic pressure/pocket whatsoever. Anyone can pass on improved zones with 5+ sec
Old 06-26-2016, 02:45 PM   #37
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Are there tweets about this bug? Most disappointing thing in these videos is there is still noooooooooo realistic pressure/pocket whatsoever. Anyone can pass on improved zones with 5+ sec

Yes and Rex mentioned it on Sim Standard radio Thursday night.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:39 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Without playing it I don't like the sounds of this. I really don't want 3-4 seconds to be a norm. The four man pass rush for every team should not be getting to the QB in 3-4 seconds. And the 3 man rush shouldn't be getting there with a great degree of success either. We need more nuance and less norm. 3 and 4 man Pass rush should always be personnel and match up dependent. So numbers like 3-4 seconds I would hope would never serve as a norm.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #39
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Without playing it I don't like the sounds of this. I really don't want 3-4 seconds to be a norm. The four man pass rush for every team should not be getting to the QB in 3-4 seconds. And the 3 man rush shouldn't be getting there with a great degree of success either. We need more nuance and less norm. 3 and 4 man Pass rush should always be personnel and match up dependent. So numbers like 3-4 seconds I would hope would never serve as a norm.
I agree with you but with how simplistic the blocking system is I think the only thing they can do is tune how how long blocks are held.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #40
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Bug = ratings/slider fix or are we talking animations that are not triggering? D-linemen simply breaking blocks quicker is not what many of us are looking for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »