Home

After watching madden 17, i still feel like its ratings need to be spread

This is a discussion on After watching madden 17, i still feel like its ratings need to be spread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
After watching madden 17, i still feel like its ratings need to be spread

After watching the 17 I can still see I still will need to spread out the ratings.
The tacking is still non physics which I fix with Lowering running back attributes and the tackling slider. I turn down pass coverage rating's then increase the PC slider and lower the reaction time to highlight the amazing DBs.

I have a chart that essentially makes a players 98-99 stay high in the 90s, while I make players below 50-60 to 0-20 ratings. This makes the 100 point scale to a 100 point scale and I noticed how also players get an immediate improvement based on the position. There for a TE will block better as and OL then when he was a TE. This helped me with my theory of who should be spread.

Also my spread makes physical attributes stand out. So lets say a player has 97 speed, 89 agility, and 93 acc. Now that player has 95 speed, 79 agility, and 87 acc. This means that he will have still very good strait line speed. Yet have poor cuts, and just a slightly above average burst. I played madden 16 vs Cedric Peterson and its crazy (97-98 acc) his burst when getting the ball Is something to pay attention to. Since everyone is adjusted if a player is in the flat with 95-98 acc, most of the time he destroys angles. Also I've changed traits to fix physics. Offensive playmakers have fight for extra yard while defensive players all carry hit stick so big hitters depend on the rating.

Things I spread

This might sound confusing but I actually tightened the ratings for awareness. I feel with individual ratings it makes for a better illusion of "being smart". So lets say 2 players, player A is a RB with 89 awareness, 95 BC vision, 80+ running attributes, And player B Is 89, 80 bcv, and 70+ in running attributes. Who looks smarter?

I play on fast to keep the games animations fluid. Also keeping the threshold to 60-70 to keep changes to speed less dramatic

I also spread out speed, strength, agility, speed, acceleration, and jumping. High motor for all

QBs throw ball away on

Spread out Pass power, THA, throw on run, and play action for QBs

RBs, FBs, TEs and WRs
Spread Bc vision, trucking and elusiveness, and all running attributes for ball carriers. For all offensive skill positions

I also for both spread Release, spc catch, route running, and catch in traffic.along with drop open passes on

Tackling will be lowered due to my discovery lower tackle slider creates less suction

Defense all hit power on. No swim or spin move

FOR ALL PLAYERS

Spread finesse, power, BS, Pass coverage, zone coverage, big hitter

K- P

Spread out kick and punter Acc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: After watching madden 17, i still feel like its ratings need to be spread

No one knows about how the ratings are playing out for 17 just by watching the videos the past week.

The ratings were all randomized.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:57 PM   #3
Pro

Last year I adjusted ratings to scale out differently, so players didn't have sudden bursts, and physical attributes were spread. From videos players all still seem to move the same, and my rating as they did last year will make it more visable
Old 06-22-2016, 10:59 PM   #4
Pro

All what I'm trying to do is spread out the players dramatically. This way ratings are more valuable. I just still see every player in madden making dramatic cuts every play, or to many spc catches. This is what I try to make realistic
Old 06-22-2016, 11:10 PM   #5
Pro

I'm just going to say also, no one has studied the game like I have. I haven't finished a game in 2 years because I am constantly reviewing every play and editing ratings, mixed with sliders to create the most incredible gameplay possible. I've extensively studied all the madden sliders. I have come up with

Throw accuracy is the probability of a pass being off target. I learned if you pair this up with the pass accuracy full rating qBs perform realistic as ever

Low BS, and blocking slider makes blocking more realistic in a battle vs battle situation

I learned that when all the physical speed ratings, Agility, speed and acc are high, you get insane sliding and warping. Compared to with my ratings, if a player has just 91 acc, he will move to 83acc and his in game abilities will change and you can see it. I noticed that no one is high 90s in all categories of anything in madden 16. That slowed every player to be highlighted on his abilities
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 11:12 PM   #6
Pro

Also the higher pass reaction time is the more likely to see a mid air warping. So what I do is spread out pass coverage ratings, turn pass coverage to 100, then turn reaction time to 0-25. This makes passing extremely real
Old 06-22-2016, 11:33 PM   #7
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No one knows about how the ratings are playing out for 17 just by watching the videos the past week.

The ratings were all randomized.
As far as I know, they've never randomized them before during these pre-release events. So maybe that's a good sign that they are truly revamping the ratings...hopefully to be more spread out as we've been suggesting.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:33 PM   #8
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-2015-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »